Celtics not trading the captain.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Celtics not trading the captain.

There have been 15 team captains in the history of the Celtics. I don't think it is very likely we are trading Rondo one month after naming him Captain.  So, basically, the trade Rondo crowd will probably have to wait yet another year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Celtics not trading the captain.

In response to jtkl's comment:

There have been 15 team captains in the history of the Celtics. I don't think it is very likely we are trading Rondo one month after naming him Captain.  So, basically, the trade Rondo crowd will probably have to wait yet another year. 

Try praying to St Jude the Apostle.... the patron saint of lost causes.

Can't hurt... might help get your angst levels under control.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

You're absolutely right, and that truth hurts puds little irrational mind. awww

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Try praying to St Jude the Apostle.... the patron saint of lost causes.

Can't hurt... might help get your angst levels under control.

Pud

Riiiiiiiiigggggggght. Pud. You knew once he was made captain your dream died.  Hope springs eternal though. There is always next year right?

Maybe when Rondo turns 35 you will finally be free.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Don't count on it.

Danny would trade his own mother.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The more reasons that Ainge gives the rest of the NBA to think that he wouldn't trade Gondo, the more perceived value Gondo will have, and the better leverage DA has in pulling big pieces in return. Publicly naming him "CAPTAIN" is genius!!!! It also sends a LOUD message to everyone saying "WE THINK RONDO IS FULLY HEALED AND READY TO BE A LEADER ON AND OFF THE COURT!"  Why are you guys so damned stupid when it comes to business tactics????? As PUD said, "PRAY!" if you wanna keep your hero......How many losses in a row is that for the C's with Gondo as the PG? Going back to last season, is that 7 or 8 straight losses with GONDO? Unfortunately for us, most NBA GM's aren't near as gullible or ignorant as so many of you here are........

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

The more reasons that Ainge gives the rest of the NBA to think that he wouldn't trade Gondo, the more perceived value Gondo will have, and the better leverage DA has in pulling big pieces in return. Publicly naming him "CAPTAIN" is geius!!!! It also sends a LOUD message to everyone saying "WE THINK RONDO IS FULLY HEALED AND READY TO BE A LEADER ON AND OFF THE COURT!"  Why are you guys so damned stupid when it comes to business tactics????? As PUD said, "PRAY!" if you wanna keep your hero......How many losses in a row is that for the C's with Gondo as the PG? Going back to last season, is that 7 or 8 straight losses with GONDO? Unfortunately for us, most NBA GM's aren't near as gullible or ignorant as so many of you here are........

So if GMs aren't as gullible as you say fhen why would they tradefor Rondo.  It is not a lot of options or teams that need Rondo. Just  stop being a Celtics fan because Rondo isn't going anywhere. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Don't scoff at the power of prayer, ladies.

Remember when Rondo went 15 of 16 from the line against the Magic in the ECF's on the way to the finals in 2010?

My our doing!

A novena to St. Jude got him his stroke back.

But CaptainTripleDub then got the big swell head against the Lakers.

He thought he was hot stuff.

The result: 25% from the charity stripe.

Crash and burn.

Now you know....

... and you are VERY WELCOME, ladies!

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I maintain my stance that I think he is safe for the rest of the year.  Perhaps in the off-season, but not right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:

Don't count on it.

Danny would trade his own mother.

Trading Rondo after naming him Captain looks worse for the franchise than trading Pierce. I thought there might be a chance if Drummond, Love or someone of that caliber were available but not now. He's a keeper until 2/15' at least.

agree. we cannot land another superstar if we trade rondo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

The more reasons that Ainge gives the rest of the NBA to think that he wouldn't trade Gondo, the more perceived value Gondo will have, and the better leverage DA has in pulling big pieces in return. Publicly naming him "CAPTAIN" is geius!!!! It also sends a LOUD message to everyone saying "WE THINK RONDO IS FULLY HEALED AND READY TO BE A LEADER ON AND OFF THE COURT!"  Why are you guys so damned stupid when it comes to business tactics????? As PUD said, "PRAY!" if you wanna keep your hero......How many losses in a row is that for the C's with Gondo as the PG? Going back to last season, is that 7 or 8 straight losses with GONDO? Unfortunately for us, most NBA GM's aren't near as gullible or ignorant as so many of you here are........

So if GMs aren't as gullible as you say fhen why would they tradefor Rondo.  It is not a lot of options or teams that need Rondo. Just  stop being a Celtics fan because Rondo isn't going anywhere. 

"It only takes one" who sees the fit, and there will be at least one who will make a reasonable offer. We shall soon see. If it doesn't happen, then I will be pulling for RR to be the best Celtic he can be. I am a Celtics fan through and through. I trust DA and what he does. I have an opinion about Rondo based on what I've seen since he was at Kentucky and then with the C's. DA is in charge, and if he sees it differently, I will allow my opinion to adjust to his lead as I leanr more about what he thinks. Celtics fan through and through, and I don't think I know more than DA about basketball or talent. GO gett'm DA. My predictions are guesses just like the rest here. As of right now, I think I am still right that RR should be traded.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Other superstars like Kobe and Melo like him. So he could attract a superstar of that ilk and that is how Championship teams are built.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Wasn't P. Pierce a captain? DA will do what is best for the franchise - regardless of who is captain of the team!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

NBA Rumors: ‘More than a few’ GM’s feel Celtics will trade Rajon Rondo Share on Fancred

BY BRYAN ROSE - JAN 18TH, 2014 AT 4:44 PM

PREVIOUS NEXT

A night after Rajon Rondo made his season debut and was named captain of theBoston Celtics, rumors have continued to swirl suggesting the team will trade the former Kentucky Wildcats point guard.

According to Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News, some rival general managers around the league believe Rondo will be moved come the NBA’s February trade deadline.

Rondo is the last blue chip from the 2008 championship team and 2010 Finals team that Celtics president Danny Ainge can convert into assets as he rebuilds the franchise. More than a few GMs around the league expect Rondo to be on the move, if not at the trading deadline next month, then maybe in June at draft time.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Mellywitt's comment:

RALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

"GONDO"....."RONDON"T"

OHMYGAWDDDDD..BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

DA will pull the trigger on anyone...but what would he get at this point? Who knows...He'll probably be here for the entire season....who knows after that....

+ 1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

The more reasons that Ainge gives the rest of the NBA to think that he wouldn't trade Gondo, the more perceived value Gondo will have, and the better leverage DA has in pulling big pieces in return. Publicly naming him "CAPTAIN" is genius!!!! It also sends a LOUD message to everyone saying "WE THINK RONDO IS FULLY HEALED AND READY TO BE A LEADER ON AND OFF THE COURT!"  Why are you guys so damned stupid when it comes to business tactics????? As PUD said, "PRAY!" if you wanna keep your hero......How many losses in a row is that for the C's with Gondo as the PG? Going back to last season, is that 7 or 8 straight losses with GONDO? Unfortunately for us, most NBA GM's aren't near as gullible or ignorant as so many of you here are........

2007, Paul Pierce, as our SF, was the main cog and captain on a team that lost 18 straight. Good thing DA/ownership didn't follow your same "reasoning" or "business tactics" then. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Captain Pouty Smurf should be traded. It will set the franchise back a year or two, and allow them to find a centerpiece franchise player with some length who doesn't have the emotional problems that Captain Pouty Smurf has.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

It would be in bad taste to trade a Cap'n so soon after the promotion. Danny really didn't have any alternative either way though.

The only way this doesn't turn out badly for both parties is if the C's don't win again during the RR era or RR doesn't mind being moved. But somebodies gonna get hurt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

It would be in bad taste to trade a Cap'n so soon after the promotion. Danny really didn't have any alternative either way though.

The only way this doesn't turn out badly for both parties is if the C's don't win again during the RR era or RR doesn't mind being moved. But somebodies gonna get hurt

Somebody is going to get hurt? You realize Rondo is paid millions of dollars to play a game! 

DA will trade RR when the time is right! Rondo will then be sent packing to another team that will pay him millions of dollars to play a game! Ouch!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

In response to tomobo's comment:

Somebody is going to get hurt? You realize Rondo is paid millions of dollars to play a game! 

DA will trade RR when the time is right! Rondo will then be sent packing to another team that will pay him millions of dollars to play a game! Ouch!!

Honestly, even millionaires have feelings. However, I was going big picture w/ my comments(Repubs notwithstanding).

For my own entertainment: No, I thought Rondo only made minimum wage & played strictly for love & pleasure. Silly me 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

2007, Paul Pierce, as our SF, was the main cog and captain on a team that lost 18 straight. Good thing DA/ownership didn't follow your same "reasoning" or "business tactics" then. 

its not like there aren't thousands of sources saying the same things a out GONDO that I am. Check this out:

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1583942#bmb=1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

thousands? really? and more like you're saying the same thing they are, rally. 

Sections
Shortcuts