Celtics offer Rondo extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Celtics offer Rondo extension

I would guess they are trying to gauge if he will accept it. 

If he does, it will put parameters around his deal for other teams.

If he doesn't it will allow Ainge to start talking to teams.

Either way it doesn't mean Rondo is going to remain with the C's. Smart move by Ainge.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Celtics offer Rondo extension

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Either way it doesn't mean Rondo is going to remain with the C's. Smart move by Ainge.

Offer him Brandon Knight kind of money and see if he bites.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Thanks for the info. - I wonder if RR will ask for a no trade clause? 

Great time to attempt to sign him - for less than max $

IN DA WE TRUST!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I received a Bleacher Report alert, it doesn't say what the offer is but I think it's either the max or close to the max. It stated it would be "star money"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I agree  BLB, this is a gauge, and a very smart move by DA.  It's a win-win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

could they be talking about CP3 type of money? to do that some other contracts have to be gone. especially if they want to make a splash in free agency.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

I'm with BLB and Hedley on this. The ball is in Rondo's court now. I will say, If I'm another team I'm less likely to trade for a PG coming off a knee injury with a max contract. Does this hurt his trade value if he signs? I think he'd be a fool not to. Whether he stays or gets traded, he gets paid.  I know we debate if he's a top 5 PG already. Do you think Rondo is worth the max deal? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to wonderdrums' comment:

I'm with BLB and Hedley on this. The ball is in Rondo's court now. I will say, If I'm another team I'm less likely to trade for a PG coming off a knee injury with a max contract. Does this hurt his trade value if he signs? I think he'd be a fool not to. Whether he stays or gets traded, he gets paid.  I know we debate if he's a top 5 PG already. Do you think Rondo is worth the max deal? 

Not a max contract player.  He should expect a raise, and 4 years, but not a max contract. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

hedley, we spoke of this last night. by definition nay sayers are more apt to respond to wonderdrum's question than are yea sayers. means nothing. the opinion that matters is danny's, and he ain't voting here. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Not a max contract player.  He should expect a raise, and 4 years, but not a max contract. 

RR will be making 13m next year.  What is the max salary right now?  Around 16.5m for 7-9 year vet.  If he gets a raise, there is really not a lot of room between a bump from 13m and the max unless you actually want to give him more using Bird's right.  The question is whether he is worth 15-16+ millions a year?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

History seems to repeat itself and this sure sounds like the way Ainge handled Perkins before he was traded. "Hey, we tried it did not work out for us". I think this is Danny's way of letting all the Rondo supporters know that he gave it a try and Rondo balked at it so do not be surprised when he is sent packing. Might be wrong but it has been Danny's M.O.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

If Rondo is making $11M now he's going to want $13M+. Ainge can get a good deal if he packages Rondo with a pick. Love and Rubio to Boston to start the rebuild.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

If Rondo is making $11M now he's going to want $13M+. Ainge can get a good deal if he packages Rondo with a pick. Love and Rubio to Boston to start the rebuild.

According to Hoopshype, RR is make $12m this year and $13m next season.  Starting point for extension after next season is probably more like $15 millions plus.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo will be asking for $16M+ and 5 years.  PASS.

and if I recall the article, Danny said that he would not anticipate any extension or potential signing after the summer (read draft) or even into next year.   

This is just more silly posturing by Danny to pretend to covet the petulant over-rated one and keep Rondo's name in the news as we near the trade deadline.  The other GMs have seen this from Danny several times before and are probably laughing at his antics. 

Nothing to see here.  Everybody just move along...   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Rondo will be asking for $16M+ and 5 years.  PASS.

and if I recall the article, Danny said that he would not anticipate any extension or potential signing after the summer (read draft) or even into next year.   

This is just more silly posturing by Danny to pretend to covet the petulant over-rated one and keep Rondo's name in the news as we near the trade deadline.  The other GMs have seen this from Danny several times before and are probably laughing at his antics. 

Nothing to see here.  Everybody just move along...   

Bingo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

hedley, we spoke of this last night. by definition nay sayers are more apt to respond to wonderdrum's question than are yea sayers. means nothing. the opinion that matters is danny's, and he ain't voting here. 

why don't you answer the question rather than try to predict who might or might not answer. Who cares who responds? I'm just asking because clearly a lot of you guys follow a lot closer than I do. I expect opinions from either side of the fence. I'm glad Hedley takes time to respond. He cares about his team, and although I don't always agree with him he still maintains tact and some respect in his response. So what do you think BP, I'd like to know. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Yes, nailing RR down with an extension makes him more tradeable. Gives C's another year of evaluation and time to find a trade partner if needed.

What fool would want a player with a bad leg who can't make jump shots or defend and is way overpaid?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Yes, nailing RR down with an extension makes him more tradeable. Gives C's another year of evaluation and time to find a trade partner if needed.

What fool would want a player with a bad leg who can't make jump shots or defend and is way overpaid?

So far.... only DA.

Lets hope that changes.

Otherwise, DA may be looking for another gig.

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

The Knicks!!!

+1  Bravo!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Hey wait!!!  You just said shots. Shots (plural) works,  but s h@t doesn't.  Go figure.  One would think multiple shots would be more... bad... than just one s h@t...

Sections
Shortcuts