Celtics offer Rondo extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Celtics offer Rondo extension

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

If Rondo is making $11M now he's going to want $13M+. Ainge can get a good deal if he packages Rondo with a pick. Love and Rubio to Boston to start the rebuild.

Rubio is even more over rated than Rondo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

If Rondo is making $11M now he's going to want $13M+. Ainge can get a good deal if he packages Rondo with a pick. Love and Rubio to Boston to start the rebuild.

No way the Wolves trade Kevin Love to Boston.

The Wolves already traded 1 superstar to Boston, KG.

They're not going to do something like that again.

It makes the ownership of the Wolves look bad.

Fiercy, maybe they could be our Orlando {to Lakers}? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Rubio is even more over rated than Rondo."

Rubio's shooting is so bad he makes Rondo look like Ray Allen. 

Rondo is not overrated, just look at his contract. He is paid fairly for his services. 

Granted, he will be overpaid on his next deal by someone. But right now he is fairly compensated. 

However, he is not a good fit on a team like this without established scorers. 

I love that he was made captain, just for the image of pud sulking around wherever he sulks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I am a clear Rondo fan.  But count me in the camp that believes that Rondo will get moved.  Perhaps he is the incentive to dump Gerald Wallace.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

INCREDIBLY STUPID move by the celtics to offer anywhere in the neighborhood of max.  inf act they should offer LESS than the 13 million he is due next year that he is NOT worth.  rondo does NOTHING at an elite level every single night.

He COULD BE an elite one on one defender but instead opts to gamble and alternately just not try at all on D some nights

He COULD BE one of the most exciting players in the game but instead is a crap stain on the undergarments of this team because of his refusal the last TWO PLUS years to push the tempo because that have meant more ball movement, more FTA and more possibility that the ball rotate back for him for an easy open J that he just cannot make

He COULD BE an adequate set chot / jump / FT marksman but he is none of the above, completely through lack of discipline and pressure from mgt to improve.

In summary, RON DOUGH is an anathema to Celtics pride- he has done ONLY what's best for himself other than INCIDENTAL and extraordinary circumstances where he has managed to stay hot from the field for a couple of playoff games / actually try on defense for a slightly extended period of time.

The very idea that people BELIEVE in rondo's "potential" (now 7-8 years old!!) to become elite is a joke.  Ron DOUGH himself is a joke.  Tease some other team into taking this mistake onto their roster and then be stuck with a wide eyed bozo the end of next year who thinks he's worth 18 million dollars while chooting just slightly above that %age wise free throws

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

Rubio is even more over rated than Rondo.

Disclaimer: I do not believe that Rubio is as good as RR.

If you take emotion out of the equation though, Rubio stakes up quite well in all statistical catagories except field goals. They are virtually equal in all qualities across the board(steals, rebounds, to's, snots, assists).

In fact, Rubio bests RR in very crucial catagories in which we all agree diminish RR's legacy: Rubio shoots 81% in FT's(85% this yr.). He also shoots 3's @ a higher clip(33%; 37% this yr.)

Rubio is 1/3rd the cost. His FT % bodes well for an increase in FG % when his brain fully matures @ around age 28(current age 23). Rondo will be 28 next month. Rubio has already proven that he has bounced back from his knee injury. Rubio is just as exciting as RR on a purely entertainment level.

You may not want to regard Ricky as some mere rube. Court is in session.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Lets compare the relative "values" of CP3, Rondo and Rubio.

CP3 is a career 19 Pt 10 assist player now making 18mil/year.

Rondo is a career 11 Pt 8 assist player making 12mil/year.

Rubio is a career 10 Pt and 8 assist player making 3.5mil/year.

Which player accords you "more value?"

Spanky recently argued that Rondo  offered "more value" than Paul,  making only 2/3rds of Paul's salary. 

Point made.

Now I wait for Spanky to compare Rubio's value to Rondo's.... but I'm not holding my breath.

What I hear from Spanky is that Rubio is more over-rated than Rondo while Rondo is in fact fairly paid for his service.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo and Rubio have the same problem.  Neither can zhoot from the oiutside.  I don't want either of them and neither would fit with the Celtics... unless we got 3 more competent offensive players who are deadly outside shooters.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

the competent players will be added to the celtic fixture that is rondo in due time, dunker. you will suck it and like it. Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

the competent players will be added to the celtic fixture that is rondo in due time, dunker. you will suck it and like it. Laughing

BP, your Dominatrix tendencies are showing... zip up your pants.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

that's the playful me, dunker. just enjoy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

trade Green and Wallace, give Rondo a MAX contract, and let's start this rebuilding process!!

Can we trade mossad?  Send him to the cool world trade center pic forum?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Rondo and Rubio have the same problem.  Neither can zhoot from the oiutside.  I don't want either of them and neither would fit with the Celtics... unless we got 3 more competent offensive players who are deadly outside shooters.

Agree.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Agree.

While this is patently obvious to everyone, Rubio has two things that RR lacks- time & potential. If RR were 23, he'd still have a a good 10 years his before the fact that he can't improve his snot begins to materialize to his devoted followers.

He(RR) hasn't changed a single thing with his mechanics. Cockeyed & off to the right as always. How does one expect to change results without changing the process? 

I gave a viable reason why Rubio may in fact improve his snot. Do all that summarily dismiss him really think that they had RR pegged @ the same age?

I didn't think so

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

Agree.

While this is patently obvious to everyone, Rubio has two things that RR lacks- time & potential. If RR were 23, he'd still have a a good 10 years his before the fact that he can'timprove his snot begins to materialize to his devoted followers.

He(RR) hasn't changed a single thing with his mechanics. Cockeyed & off to the right as always. How does one expect to change results without changing the process? 

I gave a viable reason why Rubio may in fact improve his snot. Do all that summarily dismiss him really think that they had RR pegged @ the same age?

I seriously doubt it

I agree with you, that Rubio can and probably will improve. It's not that i don't think he is a potentially good player. I just don't think because he makes fancy passes occasionally, make him a great point guard, as the talking heads on tv, would have us believe.

Sections
Shortcuts