Celtics Outlook During Offseason - Realistic Options!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrTrippleDouble. Show MrTrippleDouble's posts

Celtics Outlook During Offseason - Realistic Options!

All the Celtics have to work with during the offseason is the MLE, Bird Rights, and S&T IF that still exists in the new CBA. The main focus should be on the Center position since 3 of the 4 centers we had are now gone (Shaq,Kristic,Perk). We should use the MLE and sell the opportunity of a championship to these Centers in the offseason. Nene-Denver, Dalembert-Kings, DeAndre Jordan-Clips, Aaron Gray-N.O, and Jeff Foster-Pacers. Tyson Chandler is mostlikey gonna sign back with Mavs. I believe out of all those guys Dalembert, DeAndre, and Gray (possible Nene) will consider the Celtics.
    For the Wing position we can do a sign and trade including Big Baby and a draft pick for possible Jamal Crawford, Nick Young, Arron Affalo, Wilson Chandler, Shannon Brown or J.R. Smith. If we dont do a sign and trade i REALLY want to see DeShaun Stevenson in green, his defense and shooting ON Lebron/Wade was inspiring.

Although REALISTICALLY i hope our roster to look something a lil like this:
    P.S. I hope Bradley finally breaks into rotation, he has the potential. (seriously)

STARTERS
    PG- Rondo
    SG- Allen
    SF- Pierce
    PF- Garnett
    C- DeAndre or Dalembert

BENCH
    PG-Bradley
    SG-West
    SF-DeShaun Stevenson
    PF-Green
    C-J.O.

The rest will mostlikely be unsigned free agents or who sign for the vet min.
    Comments?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Celtics Outlook During Offseason - Realistic Options!

I would like to see West and Green start, this would give Ray and Paul a lot of rest early in the season.  On nights when West and Green have it going, they could play big minutes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

green starts over KG. we find a starting SG (delonte is too small). Avery will be out backup PG. Bradley will be a 3rd string guard. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

In Response to Celtics Outlook During Offseason - Realistic Options!:
    All the Celtics have to work with during the offseason is the MLE, Bird Rights, and S&T IF that still exists in the new CBA. The main focus should be on the Center position since 3 of the 4 centers we had are now gone (Shaq,Kristic,Perk). We should use the MLE and sell the opportunity of a championship to these Centers in the offseason. Nene-Denver, Dalembert-Kings, DeAndre Jordan-Clips, Aaron Gray-N.O, and Jeff Foster-Pacers. Tyson Chandler is mostlikey gonna sign back with Mavs. I believe out of all those guys Dalembert, DeAndre, and Gray (possible Nene) will consider the Celtics. For the Wing position we can do a sign and trade including Big Baby and a draft pick for possible Jamal Crawford, Nick Young, Arron Affalo, Wilson Chandler, Shannon Brown or J.R. Smith. If we dont do a sign and trade i REALLY want to see DeShaun Stevenson in green, his defense and shooting ON Lebron/Wade was inspiring. Although REALISTICALLY i hope our roster to look something a lil like this: P.S. I hope Bradley finally breaks into rotation, he has the potential. (seriously) STARTERS PG- Rondo SG- Allen SF- Pierce PF- Garnett C- DeAndre or Dalembert BENCH PG-Bradley SG-West SF-DeShaun Stevenson PF-Green C-J.O. The rest will mostlikely be unsigned free agents or who sign for the vet min. Comments?
    Posted by MrTrippleDouble

STARTERS
    PG- Rondo
    SG- Aaron Afflalo
    SF- Pierce
    PF- Green
    C- Dalembert

BENCH
    PG- West
    SG- Allen 
    SF-DeShaun Stevenson
    PF- Garnett
    C-J.O.

other: bradley, rookies

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

If everything is the same, as I 've said, I think this is VERY realistic:

See if PHO will do a sign and trade for our #25 pick and Davis for their second round pick and Pietrus.  They are overloaded at that spot, and he could sub for Ray
    Assuming everything stays the same, use the LLE on Craig Smith and the full MLE on Aaron Gray
    Rondo/West
    Ray/Pietrus
    Green/Pierce
    KG/Smith
    JON/Gray
    in the second round, take Keith Benson.

Scenario #2 - actually easier!!
    With WAS taking either Kanter or Thompson, see if they will do a sign and trade with Baby and our #25 pick for their second round pick (34) and Andray Blatche.  They don't like him anyway, and he could tutor under KG.
    Use MLE on Jamal Crawford.  In second round, take either Vucecic, Benson, Reggie Jackson, or Jeremy Tyler)

Rondo/West
    Ray/Crawford
    Green/Pierce
    KG/Blatche/filler
    JON/Baltche/second rounder.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I really like Green, but if we start him as PF we are in serious troubles.

Bad defender as a PF.
    Bad rebounder as a PF.
    And his tentative nature doesn't help either while banging in the paint.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Outlook During Offseason - Realistic Options!:
    green starts over KG. we find a starting SG (delonte is too small). Avery will be out backup PG. Bradley will be a 3rd string guard. 
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs

This won't happen. You do know that every and I mean every single lineup with Green was outscored on average right? With one exception that exception was when Green Played with Garnett. 

Garnett was also second behind Dwight Howard in defensive Player of the year voting. Green is a terrible defender at the four where he is undersized and often pushed around. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Outlook During Offseason - Realistic Options! : This won't happen. You do know that every and I mean every single lineup with Green was outscored on average right? With one exception that exception was when Green Played with Garnett.  Garnett was also second behind Dwight Howard in defensive Player of the year voting. Green is a terrible defender at the four where he is undersized and often pushed around. 
    Posted by RicoLakerfan

WRONG! Greens a beast, long may he continue to be a lynch pin the celtic organization builds on. A forum poll of celtic fans voted green the second best defensive player behind DH!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrTrippleDouble. Show MrTrippleDouble's posts

I like all of the suggestions but if we can do a sign and trade with big baby and a draft pick for a ACCEPTABLE big man than that would leave us with the MLE and we can find a really good Wing man like a Jamal Crawford, Aaron afflalo, or Deshaun Stevenson that would be great. I was thinking of still letting our Big 4 start out the games but keep their mins. managed throughout the WHOLE season around 20-28 mins a game. It will also help our bench gel more and trust eachother and learn from their mistakes. Our record wont be the best but if the roster shapes out like we plan out then we will be great in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrTrippleDouble. Show MrTrippleDouble's posts

P.S. I've never really noticed how much "laker trolls" we had on here. Like seriously thats stupid, immature, and sad. Its sad that you guys have nothing to talk about your team, so you come on here and just hate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I like all of the suggestions but if we can do a sign and trade with big baby and a draft pick for a ACCEPTABLE big man than that would leave us with the MLE and we can find a really good Wing man like a Jamal Crawford, Aaron afflalo, or Deshaun Stevenson that would be great. I was thinking of still letting our Big 4 start out the games but keep their mins. managed throughout the WHOLE season around 20-28 mins a game. It will also help our bench gel more and trust eachother and learn from their mistakes. Our record wont be the best but if the roster shapes out like we plan out then we will be great in the playoffs.
    Posted by MrTrippleDouble

I agree that the mins should be managed.  I am of the mindset that we need to improve our bench so much that we REQUIRE KG and RA to not play back to back games this year.  Doc's call.  He can sit one the first night, one the next, or both on the same night.  I really feel that hurt us a lot last year.  Pop does it!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Outlook During Offseason - Realistic Options! : WRONG! Greens a beast, long may he continue to be a lynch pin the celtic organization builds on. A forum poll of celtic fans voted green the second best defensive player behind DH! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

Sadly he is a better defensive player than any on our Laker team. That is why the mavs humilated us so. Did you see Kobe made the NBA no defense team? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo, Davis, and number 1 for a top player

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Some good ideas and a decent discussion.  However, our masjor problem areas are:

1.  The Big Three getting older and slower each year

2.  Rondo needing to be able to develop improved shooting capability from the floor and the foul line

3.  Danny going back to 07 performance and making good player decisions like he did then.  Since the 08 Championship year Danny has almost a zero percentage on good player moves.

Sections
Shortcuts