Celtics possibly offering their top pick in a deal for Kevin Love

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Celtics possibly offering their top pick in a deal for Kevin Love

I say if they do so, I hope that they don't offer too much more than that. I like Kevin Love a lot, I just don't want them to mortgage the future to have 5 good years, and then turn around and go through another season like this. I say use the draft picks and build like the Thunder did. That way u have a good team for a decade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Re: Celtics possibly offering their top pick in a deal for Kevin Love

I saw that Love was available.  I haven't seen anywhere either team was considering this possibility. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to nightrider495's comment:

I say if they do so, I hope that they don't offer too much more than that. I like Kevin Love a lot, I just don't want them to mortgage the future to have 5 good years, and then turn around and go through another season like this. I say use the draft picks and build like the Thunder did. That way u have a good team for a decade.

Yes . That's the guy Danny will target.  He'd love to get The Aussie guard and jettison Rondo and off we go..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In response to Lex44's comment:

Yes . That's the guy Danny will target.  He'd love to get The Aussie guard and jettison Rondo and off we go..

Yeah, but if we trade that pick away for Kevin Love, there will be no Dante Exum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In response to croc's comment:

I saw that Love was available.  I haven't seen anywhere either team was considering this possibility. 

I tried to paste the link in my post but can't figure out how to do so on my new phone. Type in Boston Celtics rumors in the search bar and u will see some articles on it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Olynyk, Hump, Sully and Wallace and future picks for Love, Pekovic and Dieng and Wolves 2014 1st rounder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We have needed a Center since Perkins left and he was OK because we had RA, KG & PP to score as he was not a double double guy in the post but a bruising banger. I don't think even if we keep our first pick we'd get Embiid, the only real attractive center. Yup, I'd use a pick or two, don't know if it needs be our best pick but to get Love and then try to get Asik for center as we'll still need one and get PP back from the Nets & with Sully & Oly, we'll be competitive quicker than building through the draft. I like Hump too but he may be needed in a trade. Is Faverani still available to us to keep as a backup Center keeping in mind that Oly & Sully can do it when needed.

Get rid of,if possible, Wallace, Bass, Green too, Pressey, Bayless & stick with Rondo and A. Bradley & try to draft a Guard.

However, I am not opposed to building via the draft to take 2-4 years to compete and not only the Thunder, but Golden State got Curry & Thompson, the best front court in the game I think, and Barnes too in the first round and if Bogut didn't get injured, they might have been playing in the finals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

With our pick Embiid or Vonleh.

With the Wolves pick we grab Gordon or Early or Napier.

17  we grab Early, Napier or Russ Smith.

We could start Rondo-Bradley-Green-Love-Pekovic

Second team: Pressey-P.J. Tucker-Paul Pierce-Gordon-Embiid

Napier, Russ Smith, Faverani, Joel Anthony.( Garnett for the playoffs?)

I am a sick individual. In the clutch Rondo- Bradley-Pierce- Green Love.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

we would have to give up both picks this year for love i think...you gotta give to get...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

we would have to give up both picks this year for love i think...you gotta give to get...

In my suggested trade the future picks and the talent of Sully, Kelly and Hump is VERY fair compensation. Especially since Hump is a MORE balanced PF than Love is. Love offers way more offense than he does defense. Hump just the opposite, but his shooting is solid. His passing not so much. Hump is actually the better PF for playoff basketball imo. Love is glamorous statistically, Hump just gives you what you need most from a pf/c...defense!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I can see Aaron Gordon hustling after Loves missed threes right now just to give him another open 3..

Or faking the kick out, crossing someone over then jamming IN THEIR GRILL!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I like the way you think Da

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

4 first rounders, Bass and someone for

Love and someone

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

Yeah, but if we trade that pick away for Kevin Love, there will be no Dante Exum.

Yes your probably right . He'd love to get Exum and give coach Stevens a point guard for the future to work with. They'd love to package Rondo to Minnesota but there's no way they'd take him because there is not a chance they could sign him the next year.  Also would Minnesota dare trade with Celts after Garnet trade?  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

3 way trade?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

And how do they get Love to agree to an extension?  That is really the first thing that has to happen before Ainge agree to a deal.  From Love perspective, why would he agree to an extension now?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Yes your probably right . He'd love to get Exum and give coach Stevens a point guard for the future to work with. They'd love to package Rondo to Minnesota but there's no way they'd take him because there is not a chance they could sign him the next year.  Also would Minnesota dare trade with Celts after Garnet trade?  

I'm not gonna lie, having a backcourt with BOTH Rondo and Exum would be pretty exciting to watch. If the celtics can't get Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, or Exum with whichever pick they land in the lottery, then I would trade the pick in an offer for Love.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

I'd like to see the Celts get lucky enough to land Embiid first and Napier with the 17th.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

If Ainge can get Love to resign let's do it in a heartbeat.

Bass, Humphries, KO, Bogans and 2014 #1 and 2015 #1 for Love and Petrovic. I wouldn't give them both #1s this year.

Draft - Napier at 17

Rondo, AB, Green, Love and Petrovic

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The benefit for the Celtics over the Warriors, Bulls and Lakers is we have way more assets to land Love.

The Lakers have no assets but a lottery pick that may not be better than ours.

The Warriors and Bulls would have to tear down their nucleus.

I would see if we could get Love and Haywood. It will be costly but I think we could do it.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

If the Celts end up picking 5th or 6th then trading the pick for Love makes sense.

But what if the Celts end up in the top 3?

Then keep the pick and participate as a facilitator in a 3-way trade with Phoenix and Minnesota to get Alex Len.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to Fiercy's comment:

If the Celts end up picking 5th or 6th then trading the pick for Love makes sense.

But what if the Celts end up in the top 3?

I'd keep the pick and make a selection if they get a top 4 pick. Also, I would hope that two 1st round picks would be enough to land Love seems his contract only has one year left.

Then keep the pick and participate as a facilitator in a 3-way trade with Phoenix and Minnesota to get Alex Len.

Sections
Shortcuts