Celtics possibly offering their top pick in a deal for Kevin Love

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Celtics possibly offering their top pick in a deal for Kevin Love

Read Boston is a possible choice, but don't count out the Rockets.  McHale drafted Love, and they have a strong bond.  While HOU doesn't have a high draft pick, I think a lot is contingent on what Love wants.  Sure, we can offer 5, 6 7 or 8.....but if Love doesn't want to play here, it's pointless.  Also read GSW is a landing spot.  He likes that team, even though they don't have any draft pick.  Would they take Lee and Harrison Barnes?  Tuesday is a big night!!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTS. Show BostonTS's posts

Love wants to play for a contender, I think he'll be wary of coming to Boston. I doubt Ainge would do this deal if the Celts get a top 3 pick, but if they get 5 or worse, I'll be Ainge will do his darndest to make it happen. 

I hope it goes through only because runrunrun will lose his mind and he won't ever be able to post his racial crud in here ever again

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

And how do they get Love to agree to an extension?  That is really the first thing that has to happen before Ainge agree to a deal.  From Love perspective, why would he agree to an extension now?

Agree. No go if Love is only here for a year. Two more days and they find their draft position. Once that's set then Danny can get to work making and taking offers.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

It's nice to dream. Maybe something will happen. But even a starting 5 of rondo, Bradley, green, love and asik would need another shooter at the 2 or 3. Maybe we get lucky and get a hood with the nets pick. Like I said, it's nice to dream. lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

And how do they get Love to agree to an extension?  That is really the first thing that has to happen before Ainge agree to a deal.  From Love perspective, why would he agree to an extension now?

I would almost have to be a package deal you would have to make sure both he and Rondo would agree to stick around. You would still be one star scorer away from being really good.
    I have used this handle since 2005.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to nightrider495's comment:

I say if they do so, I hope that they don't offer too much more than that. I like Kevin Love a lot, I just don't want them to mortgage the future to have 5 good years, and then turn around and go through another season like this. I say use the draft picks and build like the Thunder did. That way u have a good team for a decade.

+1

Love is not the impact player that KG was.  He is a non-factor on the defensive end and his personality will not dominate the locker room.  I'll say it again.  What has Minnesota won with him?  They are a lottery team this year.  Let's try building through the draft.  The Spurs hit grand slams in 3 drafts and have been contenders for 17 years now.  I don't want another 5 year window.  I want a 15 year window.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I might roll the dice with our second 1st rnd pick but I don't know if K Love for 2 yrs is worth mortgaging the teams future on unless DA pulled off another rabbit out his hat and we get Love,Rondo and Melo or someone else like when he got KG and RA. I don't see it happening.

Love hasn't been to playoffs once is 6 years, is he the veteran role model for a young team? If Love wanted to go to a possible contender it would be Houston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

offer anything but the top pick.  this guy has averaged 60 games a year for minny.  not really any body of work to show he's rugged enough to last through a significant playoff run.  he makes a backloaded SIXTEEN MILLION two years from now.  that's a lot of cheese. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I would almost have to be a package deal you would have to make sure both he and Rondo would agree to stick around. You would still be one star scorer away from being really good.

Totally agree!

If Kevin Love is the #1 guy and Rondo the #2 guy, the Celts would just be a 2nd round playoff team.

No way Rondo and Love can beat Lebron or even the Pacers.

Thus the question, why would Love agree to an extension before a trade to the Celtics?  He wants to go to an already a good team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Id do Wallace, KO or Sully, and bogans plus our lotto pick for Love, or swap Bass and Wallace and give them pick 17 instead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Totally agree!

If Kevin Love is the #1 guy and Rondo the #2 guy, the Celts would just be a 2nd round playoff team.

Thus the question, why would Love agree to an extension before a trade to the Celtics?  He wants to go to an already a good team.

Because we have a FA magnet in the form of soon-to-be FA  Rajon Pierre Rondo.

After all, it was the opportunity to play with Rondo (he's that good)  that attracted Shaq to this franchise.

How quickly we forget.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

What if Minnesota wins the lottery?  Might that change K Love's thinking?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

In response to nightrider495's comment:

I say if they do so, I hope that they don't offer too much more than that. I like Kevin Love a lot, I just don't want them to mortgage the future to have 5 good years, and then turn around and go through another season like this. I say use the draft picks and build like the Thunder did. That way u have a good team for a decade.

+1

Love is not the impact player that KG was.  He is a non-factor on the defensive end and his personality will not dominate the locker room.  I'll say it again.  What has Minnesota won with him?  They are a lottery team this year.  Let's try building through the draft.  The Spurs hit grand slams in 3 drafts and have been contenders for 17 years now.  I don't want another 5 year window.  I want a 15 year window.

This is exactly the reason why I'm not sold on icing so much up for Kevin Love. Keep your picks and wait for guys to become free agents and sign them. I'm sure with a top three pick, Rondo, Sullinger, Bradley, and Olynyk,  that may entice free agents to come here and sign. That would be a solid start of a long term nucleus to build off from. They would still have a ton of cap room to sign people.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Just say no to Kevin Love.

Sign Hayward as a free agent and keep Sullinger and the pick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Totally agree!

He would become coming to a team with one All-Star, that could sell him that they could easily still improve. The question is do you need a Ray Allen deal first to convince him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Minnesota is loaded with talent, and yet they still suck.  But let's mortgage our future for their best player by trading players with higher potential...no thanks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

1-rondo/bayless/prosy

2-bradley/#17 pick

3-green/wallace/johnson

4-love/olynyk

5-asik/olynyk

what do you do with bass and hump? either would be a nice backup to love, but we can't keep 'em all. definitely need another 2 who can shoot. if not asked to be "the man", can green be that third player behind rondo and love? or do we need to sway him out for either a draft pick or someone like hayward? i think we're stuck with wallace no matter what, unless we end up trading away rondo, then maybe we can attach him to a rondo deal.

honestly, at this point, if we can swing love, that's great. if not, assuming we land a top 5 pick and can get a cornerstone-type player, i'm good with that too. it's nice to have some options opening up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

Minnesota is loaded with talent, and yet they still suck.  But let's mortgage our future for their best player by trading players with higher potential...no thanks.

who on our current roster has higher potential than love? i'm not saying he's a leader like KG. that role will fall to rondo i think. but who else is going to average 26 and 12 on this celtics team? i like sully, but i don't think his ceiling is quite that high.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm on the fence about both the likelihood and risk/reward factor of trading for Love. Many seem to want to snag Asik too. I may be on the fence about Love but Asik, I was on the fence about but after watching him V Por, I definitely pass on him. I would rather get Dieng in the deal with Love than pursue Asik. Love coming to the Cs would rely on DA  picking up another player to go deep enough into the playoffs and close to a ring  to want Love & Rondo both to stay when their contracts were up. That's a lot of ifs. This and many other  scenarios hang in the balance until Tuesday night. I can't remember ever anticipating the draft lottery this much in a while. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I'm on the fence about both the likelihood and risk/reward factor of trading for Love. Many seem to want to snag Asik too. I may be on the fence about Love but Asik, I was on the fence about but after watching him V Por, I definitely pass on him. I would rather get Dieng in the deal with Love than pursue Asik. Love coming to the Cs would rely on DA  picking up another player to go deep enough into the playoffs and close to a ring  to want Love & Rondo both to stay when their contracts were up. That's a lot of ifs. This and many other  scenarios hang in the balance until Tuesday night. I can't remember ever anticipating the draft lottery this much in a while. 

Yeah, this week we will be elated or deflated. Most exciting summer since we got Ray and KG!

FORGET ASIK AND LOVE!!!

PRICE IS TOO HIGH!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

IFFFF Love is a true possibility and he wants to come East to play for a rebuilding team, then I pray we get the 5th, 6th pick in this year's draft and thus cannot afford him.

Love is like Carmelo.  Has to have the ball almost all of the time.  He doesn't make his teammates better.  And, like Carmelo, he's never going to win a championship.  You need superstars who are willing to be unselfish- The Pacers learned that yesterday.  Do you think Love will ever make that extra pass to Rondo or Bradley or Asik or Green or a good shooter if we ever get one?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

With our pick Embiid or Vonleh.

With the Wolves pick we grab Gordon or Early or Napier.

17  we grab Early, Napier or Russ Smith.

We could start Rondo-Bradley-Green-Love-Pekovic

Second team: Pressey-P.J. Tucker-Paul Pierce-Gordon-Embiid

Napier, Russ Smith, Faverani, Joel Anthony.( Garnett for the playoffs?)

I am a sick individual. In the clutch Rondo- Bradley-Pierce- Green Love.

Early isn't that good.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

Sections
Shortcuts