"Celtics Pride"???????? Not on this board... Do youngsters here know what it means???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

"Celtics Pride"???????? Not on this board... Do youngsters here know what it means???

Has the Fungus clouded your brain????

What type of fan base wants it's team to tank????? I can not believe a Boston Celtics fan base wanting a team to tank for one player when it has always been about team play (UBUNTU). How things have change. Where is that "Celtics pride" You all have referred to and preached about????? I don't know if it's only on this board or not but I am quite sure in www.samcelt.forumotion.net no one wants to tank. Maybe one or two but I don't think any of them want to tank. They are true knowledgeable Celtics fans who are really an example and have the experience of what it really means when you say Celtics Pride. It is pathetic and shameful that Celtics fan base, with all the great history it's franchise has wants to tank. I guess it's the changing of times. Me as a Lakers fan will always want us to win and would never accept tanking. I like what we are doing and we will have cap space and a great place to play like LA. After I wrote this I went and took a look at the first page of Sam's board and did not see anything about tanking. Here take a look:  http://samcelt.forumotion.net/f1-hot-celtics-and-basketball-topics

My guess is no one here is over 40 to understand what Celtics Pride is all about. This is sad but true. For the sake of the "Celtics Pride" I hope management doesn't think like the fan base on this board. For those that don't believe in tanking my respects. You really know what Celtics Pride is all about. For the rest well you already know what I think...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re:

I just thought that the one's who want to tank are from the generation of the 22 years drought. It's my best guess. Good afternoon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re:

Sad how times have changed...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re:

If you think this board is representative of most Celtics fans (or any fan board is), I've got a share of the Leonard Zakim Bridge to sell you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re:

??????

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

There will be no tanking under Ainge that is an embarrassment to the organization as we witnessed when M.L. Carr pulled Wesley and Fox (C) ... I was there for the game referenced here;

www.celticslife.com/2013/07/history-lesson-revealing-look-inside.html

The fans in the arena were pizzed ... Wesley was hot as a pistol and Carr made it too obvious he was tanking ... Disgraceful!!!

Danny won't pass up deals for better players as GM and he won't order his new coach to bench players for losses. The losses will come naturally as this coaching staff seeks to find it's way thru the NBA and learn player matchups, skills and chemistry as they go.

Yes!

Ainge built a team, for this coming season, that will not win many games.

The the tanking already happened when Ainge traded Pierce and KG.

Pierce and KG aren't that good anymore.

I am not sure how good or bad we may be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re:

GK - I am guessing the opium bars have reopened! What about the Lakers? They tanked" their chance(s) to win another NBA championship the day they hired D'Antoni! 

Lakers management = poor decision making - Celtics management = sound strategic planning 

The difference being, the Lakers appear to be satisfied with 8th seeds and annual thumpings in the playoffs! The Cs on the other hand, are in the process of rebuilding their team in an effort to win multiple championship! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Re:

I'm probably the old man posting on this forum...I was THERE the night Cowens slid all the way across the floor to grab a loose ball in the playoffs...you could see the sweat stain all across the floor.....so no one here has to lecture me about Celtics Pride... I also lived through John Y Brown and the hedious combination of Curtis "skid " Rowe and the equally sucatacious Sidney Wicks...

Celtic's Pride? They were terrible last year, they should have moved on from KG and PP the year before and Celtic's Pride means not just getting to the playoffs to lose badly in the first round but having a REAL chance to win a championship.....that's just being a speed-bump for some other teams championship hopes.

They'll do the right thing...if they need to get into the lottery to do it they will...personaly, I don't think they need to TRY to stink, I think they WILL stink this year. But that's just my opinion...there is nobody on this roster that is a huge difference maker all by their lonesome...not even Rondo, and certainly not the current cast of 1st and 2nd year guys...in time, yes, and certainly with talent additions they will be, but not this year, and not without new and better blood.

Celtic's Pride is knowing they WILL get it done the right way, with planning and talent, not with unsubstantiated hope.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

Re:

For whatever reason the word TANKING has been substituded for REBUILDING a roster when team management has determined that a roster makeover is neccessary. Breaking up a team because its best players have seen their best days or because salary cap restrictions dictate that pricey long term contracts of boarder line players be terminated is a sound business practice. I've been a LOYAL Celtic fan since 1950 and I applaud this move by Ainge-in fact I was in favor of starting the rebuilding last year. Rebuilding a team is not the same as tanking.

Seems

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re:

In response to BCSP's comment:

GK - I am guessing the opium bars have reopened! What about the Lakers? They tanked" their chance(s) to win another NBA championship the day they hired D'Antoni! 

Lakers management = poor decision making - Celtics management = sound strategic planning 

The difference being, the Lakers appear to be satisfied with 8th seeds and annual thumpings in the playoffs! The Cs on the other hand, are in the process of rebuilding their team in an effort to win multiple championship! 

How is tha BS????? Celtics 1 championship in the last 27 years, Lakers 5 in the last 13 years??? Simple math BS, SIMPLE MATH... Great "strategic plan" Wink

"Celtics management = sound strategic planning"

laughing out loud

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re:

GK is just so afraid, very afraid, that the Celtics will end up with Andrew Wiggins.

That's why he's using "Celtic Pride" as an excuse.

HAHAHA

Just like the Celtics ended with Dwight Howard and Austin Rivers before 2012? Who by the way is as bad as a player as his dad... Another prediction gone wrong.

Got to go. To nice of a sunny Sunday to spend in your playground Fungus. Have fun, I know I will...

laughing out loud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re:

Lakers won 5 championships in the last 13 years because of Jerry West, Dr. Jerry Buss, and Phil Jackson.

How many championships have the Lakers won since Jimmy Buss took over?

Thanks, Jimmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many since Danny took over???? Thanks Danny. Jim Buss has been on the job for a year or so.

Now really I have a life. See you. Have fun...

laughing out loud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re:

Lakers won 5 championships in the last 13 years because of Jerry West, Dr. Jerry Buss, and Phil Jackson.

Thanks, Jimmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtGBIOEf7ro

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re:

They won because of Kobe. Kobe is shot. same result.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re:

Jimmy Buss' "incompetency" was confirmed when the Lakers hired D'Antoni instead of Phil Jackson.

Every NBA fan, all the NBA experts, and all the Laker fans knew Phil Jackson was the right coach for a team with Dwight, Kobe, Nash, and Pau Gasol. 

But what did Jimmy do?

Hire Mike D'Antoni.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GK is out getting "tanked" Ha Ha Ha!!!!! 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts