Celtics pursuing Fernandez

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Re: Celtics pursuing Fernandez

Not to be rude back but there is ZERO indcation Ainge (and other GMs) are negotiating for anything other than Fernandez.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

There are other teams involved, no?  What is the value of their "dots"?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

It appears the Celtics are the lead favorites to land Fernandez. This is good because it appears Howard is going to re-sign with Washington. Not sure what they are talking as far as a deal in concerned. Here is the link:

http://celticshub.com/2010/07/28/source-cs-in-lead-position-in-rudy-fernandez-trade-talks/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

As per the above link at Celtics Hub.  It' s pick or picks thay are negotiating over:

Obviously, there’s Sheed’s contract that could be thrown into the mix, but a quick glance of the Blazers roster shows no real dead weight the team might be looking to get rid of in a salary dump, so that option appears unlikely.

The C’s otherwise, have no real assets, besides draft picks they are likely willing to trade. So it’s likely to be a standoff of how many picks is Ainge willing to fork over to suit Portland?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I would give up a #1 for RF. He's going to want a new deal next year anyway. He brings energy, 3pt shooting. I think he's worth it, especailly when our #1 is low. No one from college is coming in and getting big minutes on this team.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from balticprince. Show balticprince's posts

big baby will not be part of this deal.
    take that to the bank.

In Response to Re: Celtics pursuing Fernandez:
    Sheed, Davis and #1 pick (can take back up to $11m) for: Fernandez ($1.2m) Tolliver     ($2.5m) Przybilla    ($7.2m) David Aldridge revisits the Sheed for a draft pick and PTE: /> I have a question regarding a point you made on Rasheed Wallace and the Celtics options. Here is what you wrote: Boston would like to use the contract of Rasheed Wallace, who has told the Celtics he will retire, to get a trade exception. If Boston sends Wallace's contract to another team -- which could remove the salary from its cap as long as Wallace stays retired -- for a draft pick, the Celtics could get a trade exception for as much as the $6.3 million Wallace was due to receive. I don't see the benefit for the other team doing this unless the Celtics are including draft picks, cash or both. And wouldn't that team need to be under the cap to fit Sheed's salary since they are not sending any money out? They could also get a player, Derek, which I did not make clear: the exception was only one option, which would allow the Celtics to sign a free agent for more than the mid-level exception. But as the number of players worth the mid-level dwindle, Boston may not have a choice but to take an actual player back for Wallace's contract. < A team over the cap can send a player to another team under the cap for a draft pick (Worth $0 in a trade) and take back a PTE for the player traded's salary. Or the player could be sent to any team for up to 125% plus $100k of the player's salary for other players from that team or others involved in the trade as long as the entire trade takes place as one transaction.  
    Posted by Mployee8

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I would like to have RF, but not enough to trade Bradley for him. I hope he is not part of any deal!  Also Shaq at 50 will be better then Przybilla could ever hope to be!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

They will never Bradley for Rudy c'mon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

Sheed, Davis and #1 pick (can take back up to $11m) for: Fernandez ($1.2m) Tolliver     ($2.5m) Przybilla    ($7.2m) David Aldridge revisits the Sheed for a draft pick and PTE: /> I have a question regarding a point you made on Rasheed Wallace and the Celtics options. Here is what you wrote: Boston would like to use the contract of Rasheed Wallace, who has told the Celtics he will retire, to get a trade exception. If Boston sends Wallace's contract to another team -- which could remove the salary from its cap as long as Wallace stays retired -- for a draft pick, the Celtics could get a trade exception for as much as the $6.3 million Wallace was due to receive. I don't see the benefit for the other team doing this unless the Celtics are including draft picks, cash or both. And wouldn't that team need to be under the cap to fit Sheed's salary since they are not sending any money out? They could also get a player, Derek, which I did not make clear: the exception was only one option, which would allow the Celtics to sign a free agent for more than the mid-level exception. But as the number of players worth the mid-level dwindle, Boston may not have a choice but to take an actual player back for Wallace's contract. < A team over the cap can send a player to another team under the cap for a draft pick (Worth $0 in a trade) and take back a PTE for the player traded's salary. Or the player could be sent to any team for up to 125% plus $100k of the player's salary for other players from that team or others involved in the trade as long as the entire trade takes place as one transaction.  
    Posted by Mployee8

Why would you want to trade Glen Davis when he's clearly our best rebounder and only backup PF.

Anthony Tolliver is either going back to GS or he will sign with the Wolves. Guess you can add him to your list of mistakes. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'll believe the deal when I see it. I can believe that Portland would want to trade Fernandez but I wouldn't waste Sheed's expiring contract on him,if the Celtics are going to use it I'd rather they grab ShaQ in a sign and trade with Cleveland.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics pursuing Fernandez : That's something Fierce would say ... you surely are his alter ego, hahaha! I read your link and saw this: “Once they have their final (financial) figure and years guaranteed, that’s when I plan on making my decision — unless somebody comes in late ,” he added. My addition of Davis is to include a body so Portland is getting something back other than a pick and cap space for Sheed as well to expand the trade into a multi-player deal to acquire another big as Danny as indicated. Other than Davis as add'l trade bait (expiring contract year) I don't see that there's anyone else we'd be able to part with. Bringing Tolliver back into the equation helps us to replace Davis as far as rebounding goes. Rudy s/b able to compensate for the loss in scoring from Davis and Przy gives us another defensive big allowing JON to swing to PF as needed. Portland has Camby, Oden & Aldridge and Davis provides them with a player that can play both the PF and Center. That said, I understand Przy has had a few knee surgeries and thus would prefer Shaq for 1-2 yrs but Przy is much younger and can be resigned or let go based on his play if we should get him. You have any other ideas for a shooting guard and big now that J Howard is gone and most of the bigs (other than J Boone) are in their mid to late thirties?
    Posted by Mployee8

Stop making excuses. Tolliver is not going to end up with the Celtics, period!

Davis is the only backup PF the Celtics have and you want to trade him for Przybilla?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics pursuing Fernandez : How do you know where Tolliver will end up or not? If JON could split his time at C and PF we'd have much more scoring from that position. Przy allows JON to do that when KG needs a rest or is in foul trouble. Davis is expendable ... too small to play true Center and with Perk, Przy & JON commandeering the 5 spot you won't miss him especially if Luke gives you what Davis did and more! Roster: 14 spots - 1 DL (Erden) - 1 open spot PG /> RR - NR - AB SG /> RA - RF - AB SF /> PP - MD - RF PF /> KG - JON/AT - LH -C /> KP - JON/JP - AT
    Posted by Mployee8

You're a clown. Another one of your theories that are not even close to reality. Why should we believe you when you said Qyntel Woods would make it back to the NBA. 

Stick to posting articles from other websites. That way you will not go wrong.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics pursuing Fernandez : You're and imposter with nothing of importance to add other than your BS ... I'm putting you on IGNORE along with the Laker Trolls, right where you belong!
    Posted by Mployee8

That's right, ignore me because I speak the truth. The truth is you're a FRAUD!

Only an idiot would give PJ Brown a contract just so he can be used as trade bait. Stupid!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]OK, it's breath holding time ... Update from  Jason Quick's Twitter :  Rudy trade talks likely on back burner until Sunday . GM Cho tells agent Andy Miller he will meet w/coach McMillan in Vegas on Sun to discuss. Quick trade my azz!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

You can't be serious about giving PJ Brown or Scott Pollard a contract just so they could be used as trade bait. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics pursuing Fernandez : Of course not. My point was that it could be done. But of course Fierce knew better and even started a new thread to try and prove me wrong as he really didn't know himself even though he made about 10 accusations ... what a nusance. From now on he can find the answers to his own questions - he's not getting any response from me.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I'll make you a deal, if the Celtics sign either PJ Brown or Scott Pollard then use them as trade pieces then you'll never hear from the mighty LightSaber again. But if the Celtics don't sign either PJ or Scott then you'll stop posting as Mployee8. 

Do we have a deal?