Celtics pursuing Fernandez

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Celtics pursuing Fernandez

This is a great thread.  Lots of bare knuckle brawling.  Lots o good speculation.  Lot's of GM think. 

But tell me:  what do you think will really happen in the end with Fernadez?

I's learnt a lot so far so keep on talking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from balticprince. Show balticprince's posts

we will get rudy in a three way deal, very possibly with cleveland, also bringing the shaqtus to beantown.

In Response to Re: Celtics pursuing Fernandez:
    [QUOTE]This is a great thread.  Lots of bare knuckle brawling.  Lots o good speculation.  Lot's of GM think.  But tell me:  what do you think will really happen in the end with Fernadez? I's learnt a lot so far so keep on talking.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

While mployee8 may very well be correct, I hope the Celtics take no part in such shenanigans.  For two years we have criticized how the lakers got Gasol.  If we do something similar, we are just like them.  I want no part in the hypocrisy.  We have Scal and Sheed, and maybe even Finley to get the last two pieces we want.
    My personal feeling on this one is - when the team doesn't HAVE to trade the player, they will ask for the moon.  Witness NO telling teams they must take Okafor if they want Paul.  That is a terrible contract.  Fernandez is a bargain for the next two or three years.  This will drag on and on.  I would love to have him, but I don't see it right now!

Sorry guys.  How about Von Wafer, or a trade for Posey?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

WHAT WOULD BE WRONG ABOUT SIGNING BROWN AND POLLARD IN ORDER TO TRADE THEM TO PORTLAND? 

It's not as if the Celts would be cheating Portland.  It doesn't hurt the players.  It wouldn't prevent the Celtics from signing other players once Brown and Pollard were gone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]WHAT WOULD BE WRONG ABOUT SIGNING BROWN AND POLLARD IN ORDER TO TRADE THEM TO PORTLAND?  It's not as if the Celts would be cheating Portland.  It doesn't hurt the players.  It wouldn't prevent the Celtics from signing other players once Brown and Pollard were gone.
    Posted by jerrycole[/QUOTE]

The problem is the Celtics are over the salary cap that's why it's not possible to sign Brown or Pollard without having to sacrifice the vet's minimum.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]While mployee8 may very well be correct, I hope the Celtics take no part in such shenanigans. B&C, you're starting to act like Fierce. I will not be correct as I never advocated that the C's do that. Just that it could be done as Bias or someone else said we had no salaried players to match contracts. If you read my post, 4 posts before yours you would have read this: In Response to Re: Celtics pursuing Fernandez : You can't be serious about giving PJ Brown or Scott Pollard a contract just so they could be used as trade bait.  Posted by Tachometrix Of course not. My point was that it could be done. But of course Fierce knew better and even started a new thread to try and prove me wrong as he really didn't know himself even though he made about 10 accusations ... what a nuisance. From now on he can find the answers to his own questions - he's not getting any response from me. Now stop following in his shoes with the BS line that "Mployee8 might be right" ... what a straw man cop out by you trying to support your boneheaded buddy, that pamplemousse!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

That's what happens when he loses an argument, he resorts to name calling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Why does everyone want to include Glen Davis in these deals?  I think Davis is an excellent power forward at his size.  He always uses the rim to his advantage to keep defenders away.  He carves out space and boxes like a real rebounder.  He is tough and tough minded.  He runs an excellent pick and roll with Rondo and Pierce and does all the right moves on defense.  My nephew and I discussed once about Baby.  He determined had Baby gone to the Clips or some other weak sister he could well be on his way out of the league by now.  But, with a mentor like Garnett chellenging him to be his best, literally getting in his face, he has risen to a second tier player.  He may even be seen at some future All-Star games.  I hate to say this but he reminds me of Barkley...nowhere near as ferocios and consistent, but even Barkley and Shaq have pointed out the similarities.  He's outperformed Rodney Stuckey two years ago.  He made all the right reverse moves against the Magic this past playoffs.  I think he is a major piece of the future.  Some seem to want it both ways; they want to get younger but want to trade their best young talents.  I don't understand that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Guys i'd rather hear some positive news about Fernandez in green instead of these "agressive" argues ...

Where is Fierce by the way?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics pursuing Fernandez : Last seen posting as LightSabre and then ConnectingRod .... LOL! Re Rudy .... this is the last I saw and posted: Re: Celtics pursuing Fernandez posted at 7/28/2010 11:54 PM EDT   Mployee8 Posts: 869 First: 7/8/2008 Last: 7/29/2010 OK, it's breath holding time ... Update from  Jason Quick's Twitter :  Rudy trade talks likely on back burner until Sunday . GM Cho tells agent Andy Miller he will meet w/coach McMillan in Vegas on Sun to discuss. Quick trade my azz!

A few hours ago I called you a fraud, does that make me Fierce too?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]Why does everyone want to include Glen Davis in these deals?  I think Davis is an excellent power forward at his size.  He always uses the rim to his advantage to keep defenders away.  He carves out space and boxes like a real rebounder.  He is tough and tough minded.  He runs an excellent pick and roll with Rondo and Pierce and does all the right moves on defense.  My nephew and I discussed once about Baby.  He determined had Baby gone to the Clips or some other weak sister he could well be on his way out of the league by now.  But, with a mentor like Garnett chellenging him to be his best, literally getting in his face, he has risen to a second tier player.  He may even be seen at some future All-Star games.  I hate to say this but he reminds me of Barkley...nowhere near as ferocios and consistent, but even Barkley and Shaq have pointed out the similarities.  He's outperformed Rodney Stuckey two years ago.  He made all the right reverse moves against the Magic this past playoffs.  I think he is a major piece of the future.  Some seem to want it both ways; they want to get younger but want to trade their best young talents.  I don't understand that.
    Posted by shines01[/QUOTE]
    I agree.  That would me one step forward and two steps back if the Celtics got rid of BBD or Rondo.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics pursuing Fernandez : Those highlighted words from your post above are strangely reminiscent of your close Buddy ...  in fact, at one point today when I saw a post listed as Fierce and went into the thread to read it, guess what? No post by Fierce, yours was the one that was just posted 2 mins earlier. And then when I went back to the main page and checked the last posting there, guess what? No Fierce listed, just you. Went back in to see if both Fierce and you had each just posted within minutes of each other but no ....just you. Odd, no?  If there are three, there could just as easily be four. Now I see what kycelt was talking about... sick puppy that one or three or foursome.

Soon everybody will be Fierce. That's your worst nightmare?

I don't think it's wise to talk about accuracy when your latest prediction, Rasual Butler, also ended up signing elsewhere. 

Still, I have to agree with your adversaries, your greatest flop is predicting Qyntel Woods would make it back to the NBA.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Way to go fierce!

Sections
Shortcuts