Celtics pursuing Fernandez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Celtics pursuing Fernandez

Ok so Fernandez is making a paltry $1.2M and 1 year left on his deal.

I don't see what we can trade to the Blazers that will match up unless it's Nate or Daniels or a draft pick. Where is there a salary that matches up?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Re: Celtics pursuing Fernandez

Maybe portland can add another player to deal.  Przbylla?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

if he can be had for that cheap, you find a way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I doubt they move Przybilla since he was hurt and not sure of Oden's status.

Batum & Fernandez for BBD works. Sheed comes back.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Thoughts on his defense; same for Pryzbilla? Sheed plus what gets the two of them? Seems a lot better than Delonte and Shaq (although I'd take those two as well).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

if the fernandez deal doesn't work out let's hope he heads then to NY so we might get Chandler?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

Hey guys what do you think of this 3 team trade?

1)Portland gets:

Sheed´s contract

2)Boston gets:

Shaq and Rudy Fernandez

3)Cleveland gets:

Joel Przybilla

I believe(i dont know if this trade works)
    that is a win-win situation for all the teams

we get 2 players we need
    cleveland gets a C to play there(they dont have any REAL center rightnow)
    and portland cap relieve

what do you think?
    it´s possible?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from balticprince. Show balticprince's posts

we send sheed's 13 mil contract and a 2nd round pick to cleve
    we send a 1st round pick to portland
    cleve sends jamario moon to port
    we get shaqtus, rudy, and batum

In Response to Celtics pursuing Fernandez:
    Ok so Fernandez is making a paltry $1.2M and 1 year left on his deal. I don't see what we can trade to the Blazers that will match up unless it's Nate or Daniels or a draft pick. Where is there a salary that matches up?
    Posted by BiasLewis

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins248. Show bruins248's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics pursuing Fernandez:
    HELLO FERNANDEZ....... GOOD-BYE NATE ROBINSON !
    Posted by pissttt

no way maybe marquis daniels and sheeds contract

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from balticprince. Show balticprince's posts

neither nate nor marquis will be involved in this deal.
    take that to the bank.

In Response to Re: Celtics pursuing Fernandez : no way maybe marquis daniels and sheeds contract
    Posted by bruins248

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Via Celtics blog... He trumps West yet doesn't replace either Robinson or Quis.  He'd be the other wing they need.  Maybe he costs Bradley?? and/or a #1.

by Tom Halzack

The Boston Celtics are currently in the ‘lead position’ in negotiations with the Portland Trailblazers for Rudy Fernandez, according to a source. They have been in serious discussions since yesterday.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

The Boston Celtics are currently in the ‘lead position’ in negotiations with the Portland Trailblazers for Rudy Fernandez, according to a source. They have been in serious discussions since yesterday. Other teams interested including New York and Chicago, but the Celtics are apparently getting the first shot, thus allowing one to assume they are a preferred destination, either in terms of desirability for Rudy or trading pieces for the Blazers. Celtics Blog

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The C's could do it two ways. 1) Trade Sheed to Cleveland in a S&T for Shaq for say $5.1m and get back a PTE from the Cavs for $1.2m to be use to acquire Fernandez. 2) Send Sheed to Portland for Fernandez and get back a $5.1m PTE to be used on another player elsewhere. Per the CBA: Teams can consume only part of a Traded Player exception, in which case they can still use the remainder in a future trade. For example, if a team trades a $4 million player for a $2 million player, they gain a $2.1 million Traded Player exception. If they later trade a draft pick for a $1 million player, they still have $1.1 million remaining to acquire more players and complete the trade (until one year from the date of the original trade).
    Posted by Mployee8

I'm not sure if the 1st trade will work, but the 2d most def would not. You cannot have two teams as far over the cap as both boston and Portland are swapping a 6 million salary for a 1 million salary. They have to be within 125% give or take 100k of each other.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Gaffney and Sheed for Przybilla and Rudy works.

Even w/ a savings of around 9 million whn you include the lux tax, I assume Boston would have to give up a pick for this to happen. Both players are solid bench guys.

When is Przybilla going to return?

This article says he is on sched, but timetable unknown: http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2010/05/you_be_the_gm_joel_przybilla_2.html

I prefer him to Shaq. He is VERY tall an can give us 4p 7r and a block in 16-18 mins down the stretch, aggressive guy who protects the rim. Would be better to throw at LA's bigs than Baby was.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I don't like the idea of Marquis playing backup SF. But thru Feb I am fine with it. Then we'd have his and Baby's exp contracts at 6m to try and get that taller defensive Sf we'll need to be a tite contender

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Sheed for Sheed works too.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I think just the opposite.  DA is proceeding as best he can because he DOESN'T know what's up with Sheed. The negotiations are about what Fernandez costs - period.

They might be of the opinion that Quis can guard the smaller 3's and Harangody the bigger 3s.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts