Celtics Re-Sign Daniels to 1 year contract

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from credsoxfanatic45. Show credsoxfanatic45's posts

Celtics Re-Sign Daniels to 1 year contract

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/20100722marquis_daniels_agrees_to_1-year_deal_with_celtics/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Celtics Re-Sign Daniels to 1 year contract

Well I'm not too thrilled about this but it is what it is.

We might as well try and get House back at the VM.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Good to have him back. We needed him back after losing out on some free agents. Its appears Barnes is not going to come to Beantown, so Danny needs to start looking at some trades.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I'm not all that excited about this, because he wasn't a factor at all in the second half of the season, and saw little if ANY playing time.

We need a good swingman quick! I'm willing to gamble on J. Howard or Rasual Butler at this point in time!

Come on Danny!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

This is good, but not quite good enough yet, esp if Barnes goes to LA.  One more new piece, and one more big!!  Use Sheed's contract, Danny!!

Robinson, Bradley, Daniels, Davis...........
    we still have Scal's contract for S & T, just for the record!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Re-Sign Daniels to 1 year contract:
    I like the move. I believe in second chances.  What's not to like about Daniels? 
    Posted by Fierce34

Hmmm, where should I start! LOL!

For one thing, he can be more aggressive in getting his shot/driving to the basket. He did okay for the first half of the season, but became very passive after the All-Star break.

He just wasn't effective in my opinion.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Re-Sign Daniels to 1 year contract : I agree, after the injury he wasn't effective anymore. But if we look at his game when he was playing well, early in the season, he provided the Celtics with both offense and defense at the SG and SF spot. 
    Posted by Fierce34

Yeah, I know. But what happened to him?? Was it the hand/wrist injury?

If he is to be the one to spell Pierce and or Ray, he HAS to score, but he BARELY played in the playoffs where we really could have used his scoring potential.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

It appears that the C's free agent signings may be completed for this summer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Perhaps, if he gets a haircut his game will improve and Doc will give him some serious playing time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Signings might be complete, but I can see a trade happening with Sheed's contract. Have not heard of T Allen signing in Memphis yet, so maybe we can use him in a sign and trade.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I would have given Gerald Green a contract again ahead of this dude.
    And I don't want GG back!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I would have given Gerald Green a contract again ahead of this dude. And I don't want GG back!
    Posted by DaCeltics

foolish

Celts need bodies, esp at the wings, Pierce and Ray need regular season rest. The guy is familiar with the team and the offense and can fill a role.

Daniels averaged 20 mins, 6 points, 2 assists and 2 boards before his injury.

He is not the answer as the much needed playoff rotation SF who can guard guys the way Posey and TA did. For that I REALLY want us to get Josh Howard or Posey himself back for Sheed's contract.

But as a 12-14 min a game 8th or 9th man, he is very solid. Will keep us winning games in the regular season. We went 16-13 in the games he missed last year after starting 17-4 with him in the rotation.

when Perk comes back and mins go up and the playoffs come around I'd hope he is back on the bench. but for now, he is not much worse than Matt Barnes, who is a lesser quality individual, and I guess we can't expect the miracle Sheed for a great 6th man trade to happen anytime soon

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Daniels is 29 and a career 9 point, 3 rebound, 2 assist 1 steal guy

Matt Barnes is 30, and a career 7 point, 4.4 rebound, 1.7 assist 0.7 steal guy

Daniels has a little better handle and quicker/smarter, Barnes a little better defense SF's, more rugged, both are not good 3 point shooters like you'd want/expect (Posey!)

Really, once Barnes chose LA, we got basically the same type of player hours later. We simply need that big SF who can spare Pierce that wear and tear and hit a couple dagger 3's like Posey did.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Still think Daniels was behind the 8 ball after the injury.  With no TA, he will play and will probably be a more consistent player given a year in the system.  I hope he's not the last move, but it's not a bad move. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from champs08. Show champs08's posts

Daniels looked lost after his injury. Probably didn't know where he fit in as his minutes were drastically reduced.

So I'll not blame any of that on him. The C's will need more positives than he showed after the injury. As mentioned, the pluses are he knows the system and apparently enjoys the team. Before he was hurt, his offense could be quite good with some quickness shown inside.

We still need another big and more rebounding!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobeismrnba. Show kobeismrnba's posts

This is good, but not quite good enough yet, esp if Barnes goes to LA.  One more new piece, and one more big!!  Use Sheed's contract, Danny!! Robinson, Bradley, Daniels, Davis........... we still have Scal's contract for S & T, just for the record!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Where is Danny Boy?  He must be picking his nose at this point, because the Celtics have done absolutely nothing in off season.  Unbelievable, use Scal as a sign and trade?  ROFLMAO!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobeismrnba. Show kobeismrnba's posts

The Celtics can still sign someone for the vet's minimum. 
    Posted by Fierce34

Yeah right and Scal is available.  rof

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobeismrnba. Show kobeismrnba's posts

Let me clue you in on something!!!  Celtics insider, "the C's have more holes to fill on their bench than a block of Swiss Cheese!!!"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I agree wit Danny on dis one.

MQD can only do betta, he canit do no worst den las year fer himself and us and den sum.

25. This post has been removed.