Celtics resign AB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Celtics resign AB

According to Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald, the Boston Celtics have agreed to terms with restricted free agent Avery Bradley. The 23-year-old guard said yesterday at his own basketball camp, "Boston is my home now, I've been here for four years. They think I'm from here because I've been here for so long," so it appears he has stayed true to his word.  

While the terms of the deal are unknown, Bradley was expected to receive somewhere between $7 to $9 million per. We will have more details on Bradley's contract later on.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/7/2/5864015/boston-celtics-re-sign-avery-bradley-nba-free-agent-resign-news-rumor

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Celtics resign AB

Great news - thanks for the post!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Baxter Holmes        ✔@BaxterHolmes FollowCan confirm that the #Celtics & RFA Avery Bradley have agreed to a deal. Terms: 4-year-deal worth $32 million.

9:45 AM - 2 Jul 2014

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

It's 4\$32...wow $8M!! This tells me Rondo is DEFINITELY gone now. Smart and AB are the backcourt.

I see Rondo, Green and Bass being dealt in a package.

It looks like it's Smart, AB, Young, Sully and KO going forward until Ainge finds another starter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

So Fierce was wrong about the 6 million a year bit.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

I was hoping for 7 a year, but no big deal I guess.  I think you guys are right about moving Rondo, but where.... and when?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Let's do Rondo, Green and Bass to the Jazz for Hayward, M Williams and R. Jefferson. This would free up cap space for next year since they have expiring deals. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Let's do Rondo, Green and Bass to the Jazz for Hayward, M Williams and R. Jefferson. This would free up cap space for next year since they have expiring deals. 

Why settle for M. Williams and R. Jefferson if we can negotiate for Kanter and Hayward in exchange for our 3 players mentioned above? What do you think?

However as what Fierce mentioned it's really impossible, Utah is loaded at the backcourt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Fierce is right again on this one.  Not my money but a bad deal for the Celtics for such as a player with a lot of flaws giving him above average starter money.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You really going to say Fierce is wrong when I was only one of the few here that believed AB would return?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]
    If you remember you said it would be only for 6 million. I said multiple times he wouldn't come back for 6. They paid possibly overpaid him to come back. So yes you were wrong about the most important details. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I for one wish you were right, 8 million is a big overpay and cuts our chances of signing a good 2, welcome to midget basketball played form the hospital.

[/QUOTE]

You really going to say Fierce is wrong when I was only one of the few here that believed AB would return?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Boston has wasted millions on the Bradley sign and killed out chances of signing a real 2 like Parsons or Hayward.  Welcome to midget ball from the hospital and back in the lottery.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Fierce was right on this one. I wouldn't have done it but, Danny must have faith in him improving and staying healthy.  

Im not sure on Rondo now. Maybe Danny will let him play out the season and see what happens. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]
    If you remember you said it would be only for 6 million. I said multiple times he wouldn't come back for 6. They paid possibly overpaid him to come back. So yes you were wrong about the most important details. 

[/QUOTE]

Fierce had posted several times of 7.5M.  Many including me said that was too much.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

overpaid

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

If AB stays healthy and improves its a great signing. If he gets injured or doesn't improve then not so good as he will be hard to trade. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

do not worry about who will shoot next year it will be avery bradley the gunner form outside, shoot us out of a lot of games, lottery

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

do not worry about who will shoot next year it will be avery bradley the gunner form outside, shoot us out of a lot of games, lottery

[/QUOTE]

Could have paid so many for a lot less to do that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Stop it, this is not a bad move at all. Danny said he wanted to keep him. Who did you want to be here? When Ray Allen was here he could shoot but got burnt on Defense many times. At least Bradley's scoring is improving and when healthy he is a ball hawk. This team will get better he's still young at 23 yo.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Fierce, and many of us, were right on re-signing him..........just off on the numbers.  I thought we would offer the same thing he turned down.  DA must, as someone just wrote, have faith he will remain healthy.

I still say IND is a good spot for Rondo.............esp if they lose Lance - a -lot!!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!