Celtics resign AB

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Celtics resign AB

In response to romneywins' comment:

overpaid

well the guy can not pass and does not go to the rim very well, but he will put the rest of the team to sleep taking tons of quick jump shots...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Bradley defense has come down to earth the end of last season if no one has noticed.  His shooting is a lot better, and that is what got him the contract I believe.  Still he is a small, no handle, terrible rim finisher, never play a full season, who does not pass or makes his teammate better at 8M per year.  Overpaid, plain and simple.

People who do not like Jeff Green, how could they like this deal if Bradley does not improve on some of his many shortcomings?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I wish it was at most 7 per but hey if he stays healthy, it's a great deal. His D is on point and his O has been improving every year.

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

Stop it, this is not a bad move at all. Danny said he wanted to keep him. Who did you want to be here? When Ray Allen was here he could shoot but got burnt on Defense many times. At least Bradley's scoring is improving and when healthy he is a ball hawk. This team will get better he's still young at 23 yo.

for 8 million I for one would like a player that can pass the ball and penetrate and finish but we got a jump shooter, wow

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

If you remember you said it would be only for 6 million. I said multiple times he wouldn't come back for 6. They paid possibly overpaid him to come back. So yes you were wrong about the most important details. 

I already bumped a thread from last March.

If you want there are at least 3 more threads about me telling Mployee that AB will come back.

A lot of people here thought the Celts will let AB go if the Celts can't sign AB for 6m per year.

I said Ainge will never let AB go and the Celts get nothing in return.

You are missing the point. You said he would sign for 6 million Mployee said Ainge wouldn't pay him 8 million. You both are wrong. He didn't sign for 6 mill and Ainge was willing to pay him 8.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

Thanks Danny...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Wow. Worst nightmare coming true. I was reluctant to pay him 7 AAV. 

8MIllion!?! 

Gonna be tough to trade that contract.

this price is too high

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Reality starting to set in.

This is going to be a long process my fellow Celtic fans.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

Hopefully the Celts will be contenders by 2019.

Thanks Daaaaaannyyyyyyyy...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I dont want to be debbie downer but am I the only one who thinks 8 mill/year is a bit much for A.B??

I mean just 2 years ago All I heard was how Jeff Green was overpaid for making 9 million. I think Green is an outstanding talent who needs good structure and a couple starts to relieve the pressure. We saw him lose interest last year but A.B. is a tweener, not a prototype 2 guard and his D has gotten worse as his offense has grown not to mention his injuries. I was hoping for an upgrade at the 2 spot for that kind of money. Someone more dynamic like Stephenson or another up and coming. A backcourt of smart/bradley may be competitive but small and Ive never liked AB's playmaking ability. I am hoping Rondo gets traded for Isiah and a big, maybe Thompson cuz we need more scoring from our guards. Isiah averaged 20/gm last season.

Not sure how I feel about this yet. Ainge sais he is the key to a championship??  He hasn't played lockdown D since his first couple years here.....same as most guys. Smart will display the same prowess his 1st couple years until he gets tired of doing it. AB is just another combo guard who should be coming off the bench IMO on a contending team

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Fierce, so 7 mill is a good deal but 8 is overpaying? One mill per is not a big difference at all. Anyone who says 6 mill per is dreaming, he already turned that down and proceeded to have a career year. Avgd 15ppg true shooting 51% and 40% from 3. On a team with no offense he was our most effecient player and 2nd leading scorer.  Ab has become one of the rarest things in the nba, a good 2 way player.

Great signing, happy to have ab as part of our future core. The nba is now a perimeter oriented game and da/stevens are trying to build a defensive culture.  Now  they have arguably the best defensive backcourt in the ENTIRE league.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

AB may have been overpaid, not based on talent but on his ability to be an 82 game contributor.  He's had a lot of injuries for a guy that young.  But you know what?  The C's slightly overpaid for a guy they know and whose prime years are ahead of him.  Let's hope he can avoid injury and be a steady player for them. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Ainge should've allowed someone to make an offer and then match. I doubt it would've been higher than $8M. He could've still done a S&T after the offer. He jumped the gun IMO.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Bradley has turned out to be a pretty good pick and a superb find at 19.  His career to date supports that he should have gone in the lottery, he is worthy of a top ten pick for the year he was drafted.  I had my doubts, and at times he looked terrible at the point.  But at 23 years old, I've seen enough good play to feel good about him being part of the future here or part of a trade package later on.    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

Stop it, this is not a bad move at all. Danny said he wanted to keep him. Who did you want to be here? When Ray Allen was here he could shoot but got burnt on Defense many times. At least Bradley's scoring is improving and when healthy he is a ball hawk. This team will get better he's still young at 23 yo.

absolutely correct.  only 23 and getting better every year.  only time will tell if he is worth it, but arguing over whether he is a 7 or 8 million dollar a year player is a waste of time, and for what it is worth who gives a rats red behind who predicted what last year.  we got him, on to the next move.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

absolutely correct.  only 23 and getting better every year.  only time will tell if he is worth it, but arguing over whether he is a 7 or 8 million dollar a year player is a waste of time, and for what it is worth who gives a rats red behind who predicted what last year.  we got him, on to the next move.

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree - he will be in our backcourt for the next 4 years...so let's try to fill out the rest of the roster.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

........gee.....this move will bring them out from the cellar in no time.  I GUARANTEE in 1.5 years you all are going to be going nuts saying that this contract is an albatross that they are now stuck with.  $32mil for a kid that can't stay healthy??  Nope.....not good at all.

Sections
Shortcuts