Celtics resign AB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Celtics resign AB

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

........gee.....this move will bring them out from the cellar in no time.  I GUARANTEE in 1.5 years you all are going to be going nuts saying that this contract is an albatross that they are now stuck with.  $32mil for a kid that can't stay healthy??  Nope.....not good at all.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'll take that bet...........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

George Hill makes 8 mill........................

Is Bradley as good as he is?

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

[QUOTE]

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

[/QUOTE]

Bradley is better.

The difference is the defense of AB.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Of course he is, that's the point I'm making for PrinceFace!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Now we can create a revolutionary new lineup design, the five  " guard "  configuration. We will feature Rondo an d Pressey as Point Guard AS and Point Guard B.. We will feature  Bradley as Point  Guard Forward, with Smart as Power Point Guard Forward, and Young as RIM PROTECTOR Guard Center.   We will be really small, but really fast with  very little rebounding potential, and poor shooting at the start , but that will hopefully improve.   On defense wil will draw lots, with numbers 1 to 5 and guard that position  for that game . No one will know how to deal with us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Eh, whatever.  Who else were they going to give that money to anyway.  Rondo is a goner and no free agents from elsewhere even have Boston on their radar.  I guess they could've saved it for Sully when he is up, but again whatever.  

I'm surprised they see him as a future back-court mate to Smart though.  Why not look for a knock down shooter, or a real ball mover to pair with Smart? Find someone that can counteract Smarts weaknesses, because Bradley won't.  They will be a small but strong defensive pairing that aren't going to be assist creators on offense. In fact Bigs and guys like Green are going to hate playing with these two because neither of them advance the ball with a pass, they want to go coast to coast, Bradley has become a true ball stopper, and both are kind of Chuckers that take bad forced shots.  

I don't care about the money because the players that should be on the court are the guys we are trying to develop who should mostly be on rookie contracts, so somebody has to be getting money. But I don't think Bradley fits that well with the direction, and really it's more about the investment of minutes and energy put into training. Bradley has reached his ceiling, the Celtics shouldn't be investing any more time into him than they already have IMO.

Now one benefit I do see with this signing is that no team wants to turn into the type of place where they draft guys, develop them into decent players, then the player moves on to a team they really want to play for. An inner league developmental team if you will.  That is basically what the TWolves have become.  This does reinforce the point that the Celtics aren't a glorified DLeague team that basically stocks the rest of the league with ready made players.  That is worth something...I guess.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I remember Fierce saying 6mil because I agreed with him.  And I agree with you guys that around 7mil would have been my bottom line if I was Danny.  I doubt he would have gotten 8 on the open market, but I'm sure Danny must have thought differently.  Or maybe he's so high on him that he wants to create a relationship by going beyond.  Kind of like Green, but at least with Green you had the humanitarian factor which was cool.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm seriously starting to worry about scoring though.  Do you suppose we can get Jordan Crawford back?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

So Fierce was wrong about the 6 million a year bit.

[/QUOTE]

You really going to say Fierce is wrong when I was only one of the few here that believed AB would return?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

I thought $6M was the right price for AB myself, but obviously the market says he's worth a little more......still, I'm glad Avery is staying , he's an important player and he's always part of the win.

Had Avery Bradley left, we would have added him to  the list of key guys that got away: Tony Allen and James Posey - Celtics should have paid up and kept those guys, they were never really replaced during the Big 3 run and their absence was notable.  Perk ? Not so much, paying on that contract the last 4 years would have been a killer. Same thing with Big Baby, Bass has been way more versatile and has totally earned his $$$, paying Big Baby big money would have been a mistake.

(would take Big Baby Davis back in a second for the minimum)

Avery Bradley was the most important guy to keep. Great job Ainge and Celtics !

Next most important guy to keep is Hump - unless you can upgrade to Jordan Hill....that would be a phenomenal haul for the Celtics - to keep Bradley and add Jordan Hill at center.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Great move! I said "F'in yeah" out loud here at work when I read it! Not the least bit overpaid. An absolute lock-down beast of a defender and improving every day in his scoring ability! Great job Danny!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now we can create a revolutionary new lineup design, the five  " guard "  configuration. We will feature Rondo an d Pressey as Point Guard AS and Point Guard B.. We will feature  Bradley as Point  Guard Forward, with Smart as Power Point Guard Forward, and Young as RIM PROTECTOR Guard Center.   We will be really small, but really fast with  very little rebounding potential, and poor shooting at the start , but that will hopefully improve.   On defense wil will draw lots, with numbers 1 to 5 and guard that position  for that game . No one will know how to deal with us.

[/QUOTE]

LOL! Nice post! That is what it looks like now but still more moves to come. Our guards are looking beastly right now!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

dont you think so? George Hill was a no show in the playoffs this last year..

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

not impressed   by ab whom is  injury  prone and not  a  good shooter

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

great move for the C's. i was all over this i knew AB would be brought back. i'm right again. i'm so good. god i love myself. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

We're not interested in what you do in the bathroom, Tommy!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Lots of good points made and for the record, I dont think G.Hill is worth 8 million either.. Maybe its just the nature of the business to throw around money. Bradley may be a better defender than Hill but both struggle when pressured in the backcourt and IMO Hill has been the weakest link keeping Indy from going anywhere. 2 years ago Indy had Miami on the brink of losing but G.Hill kept getting exposed as a non ball handler. This will happen with AB too and I havent seen the same fullcourt press, lockdown guy from his rookie year. No one plays their whole career like that unless they ONLY play D. Now that AB is a legit scorer, he will give up more on the D end so I don't know why folks keep saying it. Is he gonna lock up a legit 2 guard and keep him from scoring at 6'3"?? I dont think so. Smart will play hungry but he cant shoot.

I guess the 2 determining factors are He started his career here, knows the system and there wasnt much else out there at the 2 guard spot which is why I would have preferred a trade down for a guy like Gary Harris rather than another redundant defensive tweener.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

You are missing the point. You said he would sign for 6 million Mployee said Ainge wouldn't pay him 8 million. You both are wrong. He didn't sign for 6 mill and Ainge was willing to pay him 8.

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, there are many posts and there are at least 3 other threads where you can see my posts about AB.

I don't have to prove anything to you because the regular posters here know where I stand about AB's situation.

[/QUOTE]
    You just need to admit he signed for a lot more than you predicted and get off the high horse and everything is cool.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

AB coming back is not a big surprise.  Most RFA's return to their original teams.  Tony Allen and Posey left over money, and DA drafted this kid, so he may have overpaid to keep his guy.

Hopefully, the security young Mr. Bradley has now will give him confidence to keep improving.

I think the money was a little shocking..but 6 mill, 8 mill..........does it really matter?  It got done, and both sides are happy.

For the record - only immature little boys boast on a website full of strangers about how "great" they are.  WE ALL knew he was coming back, Tommy.................that makes us as "great" as you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Too bad the NBA didnt have a franchise tag. Could have had him for one year until the market gets better in 15'. Ab was 3rd on a list of free agents after Wade and Stephenson. Thats a Big drop off. Now look at who is available next year.

Arron Afflalo (30) – $7.94MM player option
    Marco Belinelli (29)
    Alec Burks (24) (R)
    Allen Crabbe (23) (N)
    Mike Dunleavy Jr. (35)
    Wayne Ellington (28)
    Monta Ellis (30) – $8.72MM player option
    Carrick Felix (25) (N)
    Jamaal Franklin (24) (N)
    Manu Ginobili (38)
    Eric Gordon (27) – $15.51MM player option
    Danny Green (28)
    Gerald Henderson (28) – $6MM player option
    Ricky Ledo (23) (N)
    Wesley Matthews (29)
    Gary Neal (31)
    Jason Richardson (34)
    Iman Shumpert (25) (R)
    Alexey Shved (27) (R)
    J.R. Smith (30) – $6.4MM player option
    Jason Terry (38)
    Klay Thompson (25) (R)
    Marcus Thornton (28)
    Elliot Williams (26) (N)
    Louis Williams (29)

I would have loved to go after a guy like Klay next year. G.S. is stacked and may not be able to match. M. Thornton is good young shooter. I love Shumperts 2 way game more than AB. Danny Green would fit and I like G. Henderson too. BUT!  We have what we have....now lets work on moving Rondo cuz we are too young to compete right now

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too bad the NBA didnt have a franchise tag. Could have had him for one year until the market gets better in 15'. Ab was 3rd on a list of free agents after Wade and Stephenson. Thats a Big drop off. Now look at who is available next year.

Marco Belinelli (29)
    Alec Burks (24) (R)
    Allen Crabbe (23) (N)
    Mike Dunleavy Jr. (35)
    Wayne Ellington (28)
    Carrick Felix (25) (N)
    Jamaal Franklin (24) (N)
    Manu Ginobili (38)
    Danny Green (28)
    Ricky Ledo (23) (N)
    Wesley Matthews (29)
    Gary Neal (31)
    Jason Richardson (34)
    Iman Shumpert (25) (R)
    Alexey Shved (27) (R)
    Jason Terry (38)
    Klay Thompson (25) (R)
    Marcus Thornton (28)
    Elliot Williams (26) (N)
    Louis Williams (29)

I would have loved to go after a guy like Klay next year. G.S. is stacked and may not be able to match. M. Thornton is good young shooter. I love Shumperts 2 way game more than AB. Danny Green would fit and I like G. Henderson too. BUT!  We have what we have....now lets work on moving Rondo cuz we are too young to compete right now

[/QUOTE]

I would put Bradley anywhere from 10th to 12th best on that list which is really sad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Marco Belinelli (29)
    Alec Burks (24) (R)
    Allen Crabbe (23) (N)
    Mike Dunleavy Jr. (35)
    Wayne Ellington (28)
    Carrick Felix (25) (N)
    Jamaal Franklin (24) (N)
    Manu Ginobili (38)
    Danny Green (28)
    Ricky Ledo (23) (N)
    Wesley Matthews (29)
    Gary Neal (31)
    Jason Richardson (34)
    Iman Shumpert (25) (R)
    Alexey Shved (27) (R)
    Jason Terry (38)
    Klay Thompson (25) (R)
    Marcus Thornton (28)
    Elliot Williams (26) (N)
    Louis Williams (29)

[/QUOTE]

I would put Bradley anywhere from 10th to 12th best on that list which is really sad.

[/QUOTE]

The one thing he DOES have over the rest is youth so hopefully he stays healthy next 4 years and continues to improve. I DO like A.B. but more as a combo guard off the bench than a starting 2.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Marco Belinelli (29)
    Alec Burks (24) (R)
    Allen Crabbe (23) (N)
    Mike Dunleavy Jr. (35)
    Wayne Ellington (28)
    Carrick Felix (25) (N)
    Jamaal Franklin (24) (N)
    Manu Ginobili (38)
    Danny Green (28)
    Ricky Ledo (23) (N)
    Wesley Matthews (29)
    Gary Neal (31)
    Jason Richardson (34)
    Iman Shumpert (25) (R)
    Alexey Shved (27) (R)
    Jason Terry (38)
    Klay Thompson (25) (R)
    Marcus Thornton (28)
    Elliot Williams (26) (N)
    Louis Williams (29)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

YOU'RE NUTS ! AVERY BRADLEY IS NOT #12th ON THAT LIST !

HE's TOP 5, ONLY THESE 4 GUYS ARE ON HIS LEVEL AND NONE OF THEM WILL BE AVAILABLE THIS OFF SEASON FOR $8M.........

1. AARON AFALLO , 2. KLAY THOMPSON, 3.  MONTA ELLIS, 4. ERIC GORDON (WORST CONTRACT IN NBA $15M)

ONLY GUY ON THAT LIST I WOULD TRADE STRAIGHT UP FOR AVERY BRADLEY IS KLAY THOMPSON........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

[QUOTE]

Well let's put it this way. It appears AB is going to start in some form or fashion. Whether Smart or Rondo is traded because you aren't paying a guy $8M to come off the bench.

Now do you believe he's good enough to be a good SG?

Ainge should've allowed someone to make an offer and then match. I doubt it would've been higher than $8M. He could've still done a S&T after the offer. He jumped the gun IMO.

[/QUOTE]

No!

If a team offered a poison pill contract like what the Rockets gave Asik and Lin, the Celts would've been screwed.

What if a team offered something like 7m, 7m, and 21m?

Ainge didn't jump the gun.

[/QUOTE]