1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Celtics resign AB

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too bad the NBA didnt have a franchise tag. Could have had him for one year until the market gets better in 15'. Ab was 3rd on a list of free agents after Wade and Stephenson. Thats a Big drop off. Now look at who is available next year.

Arron Afflalo (30) – $7.94MM player option
    Marco Belinelli (29)
    Alec Burks (24) (R)
    Allen Crabbe (23) (N)
    Mike Dunleavy Jr. (35)
    Wayne Ellington (28)
    Monta Ellis (30) – $8.72MM player option
    Carrick Felix (25) (N)
    Jamaal Franklin (24) (N)
    Manu Ginobili (38)
    Eric Gordon (27) – $15.51MM player option
    Danny Green (28)
    Gerald Henderson (28) – $6MM player option
    Ricky Ledo (23) (N)
    Wesley Matthews (29)
    Gary Neal (31)
    Jason Richardson (34)
    Iman Shumpert (25) (R)
    Alexey Shved (27) (R)
    J.R. Smith (30) – $6.4MM player option
    Jason Terry (38)
    Klay Thompson (25) (R)
    Marcus Thornton (28)
    Elliot Williams (26) (N)
    Louis Williams (29)

I would have loved to go after a guy like Klay next year. G.S. is stacked and may not be able to match. M. Thornton is good young shooter. I love Shumperts 2 way game more than AB. Danny Green would fit and I like G. Henderson too. BUT!  We have what we have....now lets work on moving Rondo cuz we are too young to compete right now

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

[/QUOTE]

I would put Bradley anywhere from 10th to 12th best on that list which is really sad.

[/QUOTE]

YOU'RE NUTS ! AVERY BRADLEY IS NOT #12th ON THAT LIST !

HE's TOP 5, ONLY THESE 4 GUYS ARE ON HIS LEVEL AND NONE OF THEM WILL BE AVAILABLE THIS OFF SEASON FOR $8M.........

1. AARON AFALLO , 2. KLAY THOMPSON, 3.  MONTA ELLIS, 4. ERIC GORDON (WORST CONTRACT IN NBA $15M)

ONLY GUY ON THAT LIST I WOULD TRADE STRAIGHT UP FOR AVERY BRADLEY IS KLAY THOMPSON........

[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?  Can AB even create his own shot? NO, if he isnt coming off a screen wide open, he is swinging the ball. Danny Green is not on the level of AB!?!? Iman Shumpert? Not to mention L.Williams who is a better player now who can create his own offense. AB only has age over those guys. His Defense is not that suffocating anymore to disregard his other weaknesses. His defensive averages ALL went down last year. 1.1 steals, .6 blocks. Not to mention he only averaged 15 due to career high minutes and no other scorers on the team.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

AB coming back is not a big surprise.  Most RFA's return to their original teams.  Tony Allen and Posey left over money, and DA drafted this kid, so he may have overpaid to keep his guy.

Hopefully, the security young Mr. Bradley has now will give him confidence to keep improving.

I think the money was a little shocking..but 6 mill, 8 mill..........does it really matter?  It got done, and both sides are happy.

For the record - only immature little boys boast on a website full of strangers about how "great" they are.  WE ALL knew he was coming back, Tommy.................that makes us as "great" as you.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

[/QUOTE]

Sooooo......what you're saying is that you agree with my assessment that he got paid too much??  My original point is based on facts.  AB gets injured...Fact.  People here (and rightfully so) complain about contracts and how they handcuff the team due to the salary cap....Fact.  AB tends to fold under pressure and was a decent player on a lousy team....Fact.  On most top 15 teams AB wouldn't even be a starter....Fact (probably).  

When AB get's hurt this year.....we'll revisit my original post and we'll see all the people coming out in force on how this is a bad deal.....when it happens again the following season (like I said....'1.5 years' were my words) you'll see how I am very right....

BTW....the difference between $6mil a year and $8mil a year CAN be huge on a team with ZERO depth like the Celtics.....

DO I hope I'm wrong??  YEP.... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

$8M for Bradley?! Dangit, somebody should have hidden the crack from Danny Ainge. Nobody would have paid that much for him. He can't play the point,  he is an undersized 2, and injury prone.  It's as bad a deal(for the Celtics) as what Ainge gave to Scalabrine and Green

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

SGs is not a hard position to fill especially a backup one.  Sometime we fall in love with the players we have and overpay their extensions (anti-belichick).  Not good business.  I don't see this as an important and a needed signing, and the one that we should overpay and risk being a bad contract in the future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I Couldn't be happier for AB. 23 years old has improved every year he has been in the league, and he's not done improving. AB, i hear has bulked up with added muscle. Turn him and Smart loose on the opposing teams guards and it may not be a pretty sight when they're done with them. Two pit bulls and not so nice pit bulls either. Rondo for Monroe, and sign Jordan Hill, and we start to turn the corner.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

It is going to be much more than 31.7m, you can count on that.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

It is going to be much more than 31.7m, you can count on that.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but right now the guaranteed money is only 31.7m.

Even if we add the deals of Smaht and Young, Celts will still be less than 40m.

So again, 8m is not a cap killer if the salary cap is at 65-66m next season.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo slot will most likely be used and/or if they use TPE and/or Hump and other s&t plus free-agent possibilities.  We just don't know at this point where the salary level is going to be, thus I don't see how we could say a backup SG for 8m is not an issue a year or two from now.  Why splurge at this point, that is what I don't understand.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Well then, what you are saying is we still don't know, and again cap flexibility is not needed until the time you want to have some more.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

So it is ok to loose Rondo for nothing but overpay Avery Bradley is good business?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Nothing is ever clear.  It is a constant struggle with cap money especially when you become a good team and closed with a missing piece or two.  Maybe that is not 4 years from now after AB contract, and we are still no where closed, I don't know.  Still why pay 8m for a so-so SG that is most likely a backup, or not a good starter on a good team?  Every year, there are so many backup SGs available for a lot less.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are you serious?  Can AB even create his own shot? NO, if he isnt coming off a screen wide open, he is swinging the ball. Danny Green is not on the level of AB!?!? Iman Shumpert? Not to mention L.Williams who is a better player now who can create his own offense. AB only has age over those guys. His Defense is not that suffocating anymore to disregard his other weaknesses. His defensive averages ALL went down last year. 1.1 steals, .6 blocks. Not to mention he only averaged 15 due to career high minutes and no other scorers on the team.

[/QUOTE]

+1 agreed. Bradley is a decent role player. If he becomes your 7th-8th man you probably have a really good team, but then again you wouldn't pay your 7th/8th man 8M AAV.... soooo

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

So it is ok to loose Rondo for nothing but overpay Avery Bradley is good business?

[/QUOTE]

Reason for that is Rondo is already 28 years old.

10 years from now AB will still be 33 years old while Rondo will be 38 years old.

See the difference?

AB is part of the long term solution.

[/QUOTE]

Good point but again, what is long term benefit of overpaying for easily replaceable commodity?  There will be backup SGs of all ages available from now till whenever.  For 8m a year, we can get a better starting SG easily.  Save the money and use it on something better when the time is right.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So Fierce was wrong about the 6 million a year bit.

[/QUOTE]

You really going to say Fierce is wrong when I was only one of the few here that believed AB would return?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Wrong more than you care to admit son!  LMAO

25. This post has been removed.