Celtics/Rockets discuss Battier trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Celtics/Rockets discuss Battier trade

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211221/Celtics_Rockets_Talking_Battier_Trade

This would be a very good move if we could pull it off.

I would go Nate, JON or Nate and #1 to make it work. I bet they would want Semih in the deal instead of JON.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Re: Celtics/Rockets discuss Battier trade

That would be beautiful if they can pull it off. I will be the happiest man if this trade moves from the liquid stage into a solid stage, since Houston has been trying to move Shane Battier with his expiring contract.

I live in Houston so I am going to follow this news tonight and all the way. I am just hoping it happens.

Please Danny Ainge, make it happen. Shane Battier is just who we need, not Anthony Parker.

Good luck, Danny. 

If a big tree is falling down, it takes the lives of little trees.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Danny is crafty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics/Rockets discuss Battier trade:
    Danny is crafty.
    Posted by maryngary

...and Battier is good.  Nate, Semih, Harangody, #1 pick are all going to be on the table.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If those three are on the table plus the draft pick than we have to get Brooks or Landry.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics/Rockets discuss Battier trade : ...and Battier is good.  Nate, Semih, Harangody, #1 pick are all going to be on the table.
    Posted by breaktime

The trade you're proposing won't work, salaries don't match.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics/Rockets discuss Battier trade : The trade you're proposing won't work, salaries don't match.
    Posted by P34

Didn't run it through the trade machine.  Just looking at what Boston has that Houston might want.  To make it work, we'd have to throw in players with higher salaries (JO & Quis), that, to be honest, nobody in their right mind would want.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics/Rockets discuss Battier trade : Didn't run it through the trade machine.  Just looking at what Boston has that Houston might want.  To make it work, we'd have to throw in players with higher salaries (JO & Quis), that, to be honest, nobody in their right mind would want.
    Posted by breaktime

Indy - JO and Nate

Houston - TJ Ford and a draft pick or another young player

Boston - Brooks and Battier

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Celtics/Rockets discuss Battier trade:
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211221/Celtics_Rockets_Talking_Battier_Trade This would be a very good move if we could pull it off. I would go Nate, JON or Nate and #1 to make it work. I bet they would want Semih in the deal instead of JON.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Really? I agree! Thanks for telling me these things Professor:-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

They won't trade Battier for Semih. 

Maybe Luke OR Nate, but not 2 C's for Battier. I can see Battier and a center for Nate and JON...or Nate and Luke for Battier and a center 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Houston-Boston deal involving Shane Battier not happening, says source close to situation
    http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/status/39886282637328384

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The Carmelo trade finally went down. Now it's time for other and most likely non-block buster trades to happen. Battier would be great, but it all depends on who Danny gives up to get him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Chris Mannix: Houston-Boston deal involving Shane Battier not happening, says source close to situation

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

What about this trade idea?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4vbujfm

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

What about this trade idea? http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4vbujfm
    Posted by toine83

Not so sure if Houston wants to move Patterson. To me he seems promissing. I am just not sure if I like the idea of moving Semih. I think we definitly could use him coming playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

If those three are on the table plus the draft pick than we have to get Brooks or Landry.
    Posted by concord27

Landry doesn't play for the Rockets anymore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i would like to keep semih, the other 2 rookies i like, but they can go and develop somewhere else.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics/Rockets discuss Battier trade : Not so sure if Houston wants to move Patterson. To me he seems promissing. I am just not sure if I like the idea of moving Semih. I think we definitly could use him coming playoffs.
    Posted by MichBelgium

I like it.

The Rockets get a promising young big man in exchange for a guy who might walk anyways.  I don't know if they'd give up that Patterson guy, but centers don't grow on trees and I'd give more value to a center than a power forward, especially in today's NBA where there are only 3 or 4 true power forwards who don't also think they're swingmen.

The Pacers might be the only team that sees value in Jermaine O'Neal, and a healthy Marquis Daniels represents an upgrade at backup wing over what's left of James Posey

And the Celtics get a wing whose focus is defense who can play significant minutes (20-30/game) backing up Allen and Pierce along with a hopefully-healthy Delonte.  And that Patterson has the highest PER of the group... even though I've never heard of him.  He'd be a future piece for when Garnett retires, especially if there's a lockout.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Instead of Patterson I prefer the Celtics get Courtney Lee.

Sections
Shortcuts