Celtics Scary Good?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Celtics Scary Good?

I can understand why on paper at first look the lakers look good, if all the players were at their prime and/or 100% you would have an arguement. Having said that; DH is coming off back surgery,there is no such thing as minor back surgery. Kobe is still great but is a year older and was kept going last year by a state of the art procedure on his resiliant but badly beaten body. Gasol played hard all off season in the Olympics that always takes its toll the next season historically. Nash is closer to 40 than thirty with a bad back which I know from experience only gets worse with age. With Bynum gone what will they do if both DH and Gasol go down ? I am not saying that is a garauntee but we experienced the same scenario a few years back. The lakers are in a position where almost all their $$$ is tied up in their top 4 players, again we were in that same position and it usually doesn't work. The west is younger and more atheletic with up and coming teams again same scenario we experienced but even more so with todays lakers. The lakers could in theory have evrything go their way and make it back to the Finals,but laker fans will be keeping their fingers crossed all year long. I know everyone thinks I'm silly for saying this over and over but Denver is going to emerge as a serious contender from the west.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

celtics fans we have nothing to worry about according to the experts the lakers are not going to win the championship their just not good enough!they will struggle against okc and go down in flames against the miami heat.all is well.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

hey,dont take it out on me i didnt say the lakers wont beat the miami heat the experts said it!if you have a problem with it confront them about it not me!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:

In response to bigbostonceltics's comment:

celtics fans we have nothing to worry about according to the experts the lakers are not going to win the championship their just not good enough!they will struggle against okc and go down in flames against the miami heat.all is well.

Out of 100 people who were polled by ESPN and who cover the NBA, 57 said Miami would win the Championship, 31 said the Lakers and 12 said OKC.

Boston was tied for 4th with 26 other team at 0%.

It's just a poll. Thats it. Come back down from the cloud.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

that doesnt matter as the experts almost two to one picked the heat over the lakers to win the chip!now according to the experts the lakers have way less than a fifity percent chance of beating the heat!not good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

Sullinger will do damage when he turns sideways and knocks things off of tables.

Don't let him near an antique store...

You have 1192 stupid posts and your first post was on 7/24/2012.  Wow, what a life!  What will you do once the ignore button comes on?  Will you be able to shed your addiction?

The guy really is creepy. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to dfurypos' comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

Sullinger will do damage when he turns sideways and knocks things off of tables.

Don't let him near an antique store...

You have 1192 stupid posts and your first post was on 7/24/2012.  Wow, what a life!  What will you do once the ignore button comes on?  Will you be able to shed your addiction?

The guy really is creepy. 

Speaking of creepy!

3 whole words............can a complete sentence be far behind??

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Ah, the "experts':

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-09-04/2012-nfl-predictions-super-bowl-pick-san-francisco-49ers-houston-texans-green

http://www.beyondthebets.com/nba-midseason-report-part-ii-heat-still-favored-to-win-title-clippers-76ers-odds-on-the-rise/

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to dfurypos' comment:

These people that cover the NBA were asked, so they all gave their opinion.

Of course they could be wrong.

But, it's alarming that not 1 thinks Boston will win the title.

Well not everyone Tommy.  Hedley's famous bleacherreport said if everything goes right the Celtics might beat the Lakers in the Finals.  :missingte

What Bleacher Report?  I posted one?  Show me!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Still waiting!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to dfurypos's comment:

These people that cover the NBA were asked, so they all gave their opinion.

Of course they could be wrong.

But, it's alarming that not 1 thinks Boston will win the title.

Well not everyone Tommy.  Hedley's famous bleacherreport said if everything goes right the Celtics might beat the Lakers in the Finals.  :missingte

hedley thinks Boston's bigs will foul the Lakers into submission...

I do?  Where did I post that?  Show me, but I won't wait up because you are a liar and a fraud!  Never said anything of the kind - that would be discussing hoops!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Congratulating him on kicking the lakers  gluteus maximus 131-92!!  That's what!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Honestly, we are only scary good until Rondo tears his ACL. That decapitates us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Celtics will again battle with age. I question ifGreen is an answer for depth, and hate to relay on a rookie in the playoffs (Sully).

Celts very soft in the middle as Darko, Wilcox and Collins are not part of a championship bench. 

I know CLee is a board favorite, but so far in his career I have seen a journey man. 

Nets, Knicks and Philly quite improved and younger. I see the C's in a dog fight and the slightest injury to PP, KG or Rondo derails the season. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

ON paper usually means little.

I love having Terry on the roster and Sullinger... if he can get some minutes.

We lost Ray but Terry can hit the 3 and also midrange, play better defense and handle the ball much, much better.

Our bigs still 2nd/3rd tier... big concern... KG needs rest and if Doc gives it to him, team gonna suffer with his replacements.

Getting Avery back 100% and hoping the shot we saw from him wasnt fantasyland, will also add defense, hustle and running mate for Rondo.

Of course the biggest concern is injuries, which the Celtics own the worse record in NBA history. We usually cant even get to the opener without losing 1 or 2... lets keep our fingers crossed.

Wilcox & Green are big question marks for me.. Both can be valuable but both have shown their invisible side too...

Sections
Shortcuts