Celtics Should Copy Mav's Old School Style

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Celtics Should Copy Mav's Old School Style

Dallas won the NBA Title and became America's team.Boston used to be America's team,no more they are the anti C's and play thug ball. The Mav's played old school style hoop,passing the ball and playing team ball. Fans across the country tuned in with record numbers on TV and Radio. The Mavs were a return to the old NBA,high scoring games with great outside shooting.The Mavs used international players,Dirk,Barea and Peja and  role players to bring home the trophy.Smart team players like Kidd,Marion and Chandler finally won a much deserved championship.Boston could use s sharp shooter like Terry coming off the bench.

Lets hope Danny Ainge watched the play-offs and will copy the Mavs blue print and draft solid fundamental team players. Boston needs shooters,rebounder and a real point guard.

Danny Ainge will draft the best available athlete, like he always does. Maybe a Tony Allen,Kendrick Brown or some other defensive player. Danny will pass on any international players and will pass on any offensive player Like Jimmer.

I will watch the Mavs win another title next year and wish my beloved C's would fire Danny and Doc and return to old school ,fast break style team ball.

Happy Draft Day

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Celtics Should Copy Mav's Old School Style

In Response to Celtics Should Copy Mav's Old School Style:
    [QUOTE]Dallas won the NBA Title and became America's team.Boston used to be America's team,no more they are the anti C's and play thug ball. The Mav's played old school style hoop,passing the ball and playing team ball. Fans across the country tuned in with record numbers on TV and Radio. The Mavs were a return to the old NBA,high scoring games with great outside shooting.The Mavs used international players,Dirk,Barea and Peja and  role players to bring home the trophy.Smart team players like Kidd,Marion and Chandler finally won a much deserved championship.Boston could use s sharp shooter like Terry coming off the bench. Lets hope Danny Ainge watched the play-offs and will copy the Mavs blue print and draft solid fundamental team players. Boston needs shooters,rebounder and a real point guard. Danny Ainge will draft the best available athlete, like he always does. Maybe a Tony Allen,Kendrick Brown or some other defensive player. Danny will pass on any international players and will pass on any offensive player Like Jimmer. I will watch the Mavs win another title next year and wish my beloved C's would fire Danny and Doc and return to old school ,fast break style team ball. Happy Draft Day
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

You know Dallas cut Sasha Pavlovic right?  The international player that Danny Ainge signed?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Should Copy Mav's Old School Style:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Celtics Should Copy Mav's Old School Style : You know Dallas cut Sasha Pavlovic right?  The international player that Danny Ainge signed?
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

You do know Sasha never played a minute for the C's in the playoffs and will not resign with Boston.Like Kristic he was not wanted or liked by C's players or coach Doc.Wonder why???

Run

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]Dallas won the NBA Title and became America's team.Boston used to be America's team,no more they are the anti C's and play thug ball. The Mav's played old school style hoop,passing the ball and playing team ball. Fans across the country tuned in with record numbers on TV and Radio. The Mavs were a return to the old NBA,high scoring games with great outside shooting.The Mavs used international players,Dirk,Barea and Peja and  role players to bring home the trophy.Smart team players like Kidd,Marion and Chandler finally won a much deserved championship.Boston could use s sharp shooter like Terry coming off the bench. Lets hope Danny Ainge watched the play-offs and will copy the Mavs blue print and draft solid fundamental team players. Boston needs shooters,rebounder and a real point guard. Danny Ainge will draft the best available athlete, like he always does. Maybe a Tony Allen,Kendrick Brown or some other defensive player. Danny will pass on any international players and will pass on any offensive player Like Jimmer. I will watch the Mavs win another title next year and wish my beloved C's would fire Danny and Doc and return to old school ,fast break style team ball. Happy Draft Day

and Ainge drafts defensive athlete- J Johnson ,what a surprize?

Run

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

didnt the celtics play old school team ball and win a championship in 08? so the mav's copied the celtics?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Should Copy Mav's Old School Style : You do know Sasha never played a minute for the C's in the playoffs and will not resign with Boston.Like Kristic he was not wanted or liked by C's players or coach Doc.Wonder why??? Run

you aren't paying attention.  the Mavericks cut him.  He's international.  the Celtics signed him.  You spend half your post blathering on about how the Celtics need to follow the Mavs blueprint about signing international players and the mavs cut this dude who got signed by the Celts.

Translation=troll better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

Yup, the 08 Celtics team did indeed play perfect oldschool basketball, even better than the 11 Mavs.

But that 08 team was way too "dark" for oldschool (runrunandrun), therefore they were "thugs", and "playground players". Right oldschool?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Celtics Should Copy Mav's Old School Style : and Ainge drafts defensive athlete- J Johnson ,what a surprize? Run

A defensive athlete is a bad thing?

WHAT THE F*** DO YOU THINK TYSON CHANDLER IS?

Grow a pair

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]didnt the celtics play old school team ball and win a championship in 08? so the mav's copied the celtics?
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

NO the C's won the 08 Title by playing slow down beat your man up thug ball.
    Winning ugly like the 90 Piston's & Knicks. Scores 81-76

Run

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Should Copy Mav's Old School Style : A defensive athlete is a bad thing? WHAT THE F*** DO YOU THINK TYSON CHANDLER IS? Grow a pair
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Chandler is a 7 foot shot blocker who plays smart team ball,he would be a great Celtic.

Perkins was a thug,crybaby and typical Ainge C's type player.

Get it

Run

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Should Copy Mav's Old School Style : you aren't paying attention.  the Mavericks cut him.  He's international.  the Celtics signed him.  You spend half your post blathering on about how the Celtics need to follow the Mavs blueprint about signing international players and the mavs cut this dude who got signed by the Celts. Translation=troll better.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Boston has a terrible track record with international players. Usually never signing any for over 5 years and not playing the few they took Kristic,Sasha and Erden.

Doc and Garnett don't like international players period .

The western teams love international players and have dominated the east for the last 10 years.

Run

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]Yup, the 08 Celtics team did indeed play perfect oldschool basketball, even better than the 11 Mavs. But that 08 team was way too "dark" for oldschool (runrunandrun), therefore they were "thugs", and "playground players". Right oldschool?
    Posted by stevekubersky[/QUOTE]

Hey K ski

Wrong, 08 C's were a slow down thug team and won not with team ball but beat your man up ball.

How can you enjoy a 78-72 game???

Run

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Should Copy Mav's Old School Style : Hey K ski Wrong, 08 C's were a slow down thug team and won not with team ball but beat your man up ball. How can you enjoy a 78-72 game??? Run

The same way some people can enjoy sports like soccer - where every point is a battle.

Or like how some people prefer reading to television.

Not everyone needs to have everything faster and flashier to find enjoyment in it.  I associate your perspective with immaturity.

Oh - and racism.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

Wrong, 08 C's were a slow down thug team and won not with team ball but beat your man up ball.
    How can you enjoy a 78-72 game???
    Run

Hey oldschool,

I'd like to thank you for proving my point that you think the 08 team are too "dark" for you, therefore you called them "thugs".

Oh and by the way, yes i did enjoy whatever 78-72 game you're talking about, because they won BY PLAYING OLD SCHOOL BASKETBALL. But, if I remember correctly, didn't they have an offensive masterpiece on the sixth game of the 08 finals? Where's the love from you after that game. It's nowhere to be found. I don't expect you to accept that YOU are wrong, because to you, they'll always be "thugs", until they sign more "international" (white) players.

When will you accept the fact that they cut your hero Pittsnoggle, because he is not good enough.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Wrong, 08 C's were a slow down thug team and won not with team ball but beat your man up ball. How can you enjoy a 78-72 game??? Run Hey oldschool, I'd like to thank you for proving my point that you think the 08 team are too "dark" for you, therefore you called them "thugs". Oh and by the way, yes i did enjoy whatever 78-72 game you're talking about, because they won BY PLAYING OLD SCHOOL BASKETBALL. But, if I remember correctly, didn't they have an offensive masterpiece on the sixth game of the 08 finals? Where's the love from you after that game. It's nowhere to be found. I don't expect you to accept that YOU are wrong, because to you, they'll always be "thugs", until they sign more "international" (white) players.   When will you accept the fact that they cut your hero Pittsnoggle, because he is not good enough.
    Posted by stevekubersky[/QUOTE]

I dont consider 78-72 games as old school at all.  Thats more modern day with all the emphasis on defense, lane jamming and foul calls which just slows the pace and rhythm of the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

run, I cant agree with you on the reason people tuned in to watch the finals. It wasnt to watch the Mavs type of game, it was to watch the Heat and Lebron... either win a title or go down in flames.  Wouldn't have matter who they were playing imo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

I dont consider 78-72 games as old school at all.  Thats more modern day with all the emphasis on defense, lane jamming and foul calls which just slows the pace and rhythm of the game.

Karllost

"Old school baskterball" is subjective. I'm sure if you look at the 50s and 60s films you will find more than enough games that are 110-120 and 65-75 scores to make arguments on both sides, and alot of those games are probably rough enough to make players like Artest and Perkins proud.

To me old school basketball is when all 5 players play as one, on both sides of the floor, whether the score is high or low. That's how the 11 Mavs won, and that's how the 08 Celtics won.

My point in this thread is that oldschool's preference of "international" players and disdain for players with darker melanin has nothing to do with his claimed preference for "old school basketball".

Sections
Shortcuts