1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Celtics Should Go After Rudy Gay

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For that money I want a 20-25 ppg guy, not a 15-20 guy.

Green should be able to approach those numbers with 35+ mpg.

[/QUOTE]

Yep. if Green got 35 minutes he would get you 17 and 5 on 40 percent shooting.

[/QUOTE]

Not true.

I already posted that if Green plays 36 minutes, he's only going to average 14.9 ppg and 4.9 rpg.

Per 36 mins, Jeff Green will only average 14.9 ppg and 4.9 rpg this season.

Here:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greenje02.html

[/QUOTE]

When Green was averaging about  37 minutes a game at OKC he averaged 15.8 Points and  6.3 rebounds and shot about 45% from the field.   (for two years) Now thats nothing but fact.  Not a lot of difference in what either one of you said.  Seems kind of nit picking if you ask me.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bass averages 4.5career in 20 minutes. Gay is 5.7 in 35 minutes.  YOu're being purposely obtuse on this one brother.

[/QUOTE]

Gay's lowest rebound average in his career is 4.5 rpg, during his rookie season. Think about it, he's getting all those rebounds playing SF, not PF.

But let's just assume that it's true that it's just because Gay is getting more minutes. You don't think it would be an upgrade if we get Gay for Green and Bass?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Green is what the Grizzlies would have in mind.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Looking to the future, Paul for Gay would be a risk worth taking.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For that money I want a 20-25 ppg guy, not a 15-20 guy.

Green should be able to approach those numbers with 35+ mpg.

[/QUOTE]

Yep. if Green got 35 minutes he would get you 17 and 5 on 40 percent shooting.

[/QUOTE]

But he has'nt earned that kind of playing time yet..but im hoping he will in second half, if he's still there...

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/01/08/13/NBA-Report-Grizzlies-star-on-move/msn_landing.html?blockID=846619&feedID=3725

The Celtics can offer Jeff Green, Bass, and draft picks for Gay.

Only Green goes to Memphis.

Another team takes Bass.

Right now the Suns are offering Jared Dudley. Come on, Jeff Green is better than Jared Dudley.

[/QUOTE]

Remeber Memphis hired Hollinger in the front office who is VERY VERY down on Green. Called his signing the worst contract of the summer.  I'd see this trade as a possability if he wasn't involved, but since he is, seems like we'd have to get a third team to offer memphis something. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

OK Fierce, after 25 out of 60  posts on this subject we get it,  you want Gay.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

[QUOTE]

There are 2 ways to do it. 

1. Rudy Gay for Pierce on Draft night 2013.

2. Jeff Green and other pieces for Rudy Gay in a multi-team trade.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, if we trade Pierce for Gay on draft night, and Memphis releases Pierce, can we resing him immediately? (for 2 year, 10m$, i.e) That would be good, I think.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If Ainge can pick up Rudy Gay, he will be putting the Celts in GREAT position for the playoffs.

If you could send just Jeff Green and maybe a pick - it would be perfect.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

After seeing the pictures of Green in the hospital just a little over a year ago, and how serious the problem was, he has really come a long way in a short time. I don't think we have seen the best of him yet, he can do things athletically no one else on the team can come close too doing! Like Fierce said, i'm glad that's Ainge's decision too make, trading him for Gay, that's a tough one for me!!  As for trading Pierce for Gay, maybe next year, but i think it would hurt Gay and Greens game if they were on the same team, not enough minutes for either of them!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After seeing the pictures of Green in the hospital just a little over a year ago, and how serious the problem was, he has really come a long way in a short time. I don't think we have seen the best of him yet, he can do things athletically no one else on the team can come close too doing! Like Fierce said, i'm glad that's Ainge's decision too make, trading him for Gay, that's a tough one for me!!  As for trading Pierce for Gay, maybe next year, but i think it would hurt Gay and Greens game if they were on the same team, not enough minutes for either of them!!

[/QUOTE]

I think you have it right.  I was thinking is Gay that good, that he can change the team this year. You can make an argument that he is not nearly as good as Pierce in terms of leadership.  Secondly. Green is bigger and superior talent wise.  He is maddening in terms of performance and has a real problem being an alpha player.  I am not sure Gay is a winning player either.  Maybe he will become one.  What we need is a big man and a player like Gay should come after that.

Pierce has shown recently if the other guys pick up the load he will not hog the ball.  Getting rid of this player might completely disrupt the team for the rest of the season.  WE NEED ANOTHER BIG MAN!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Ainge can pick up Rudy Gay, he will be putting the Celts in GREAT position for the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

You can't.  Gay makes about 6 million more than Green. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can't.  Gay makes about 6 million more than Green. 

[/QUOTE]

And we cant be over the salary cap because we used our full mid level exception on Terry. So its either Pierce for Gay or move on.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

I know the C's need a big man, but Rudy Gay seems like the perfect player for the celtics. If there is an opportunity to get him they should make it happen. I know a lot of posters would prefer going after Josh Smith, but Gay is actually bigger than Smith and just as athletic. 

I watched a game between the heat and hawks earlier this year. During this game, battier guarded Josh most of the game. battier handled smith the same was he handles Bass defensively because smith doesn't really have much of a post game. On the other end of the floor, smith guarded Lebron. Lebron abused him like he does basically everyone else in the league, so there is really no shame in that for Smith; however, in a couple of Grizz/heat games I have watched Gay gave Lebron problems offensively and defensively. It could be because Lebron doesn't see gay that often, but he made Lebron work. Gay looked to be taller than Lebron, and just as big. 

Sections
Shortcuts