Celtics Show NO Respect!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Celtics Show NO Respect!

Give me the millions of dollars, and you can disrespect me all you want.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to allen2034's comment:

If what is being rumored around is true, its an absolute shame.

Paul Pierce in the last couple of years going to CLEVLAND or the BUCKS to rot!?

The captain gave this team everything he had for his entire career, brought them a championship that he was the MVP in. Stuck it out with them when it was going hard and unlike Lebron, did not leave when he was in the prime of his career.

If the Celtics management and ownership are actually thinking of doing this trade, to send him to lottery teams, teams that have no chance, its disrespectful to a Celtics LEGEND.

Its not like the guy is going out there putting up 10 points, hes still very productive at this age, leading the team in scoring.

Celtics need to show some respect!

And the celtics made him a multimillionaire player.The celtics treated him well.We d,ont know what is going on between Him and Danny.Maybe he wants do help the team on the rebuilding process.I almost can tell that you are one of these posters that hate the celtics,Danny,mother Theresa,etc,etc.Have a life.Go celtics.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

The captain gave this team everything he had for his entire career, brought them a championship that he was the MVP in. Stuck it out with them when it was going hard and unlike Lebron, did not leave when he was in the prime of his career.

If the Celtics management and ownership are actually thinking of doing this trade, to send him to lottery teams, teams that have no chance, its disrespectful to a Celtics LEGEND.

Its not like the guy is going out there putting up 10 points, hes still very productive at this age, leading the team in scoring.

And the celtics made him a multimillionaire player.The celtics treated him well.We d,ont know what is going on between Him and Danny.Maybe he wants do help the team on the rebuilding process.I almost can tell that you are one of these posters that hate the celtics,Danny,mother Theresa,etc,etc.Have a life.Go celtics.

Celtics did not MAKE him anything, Pierce had talent, so he got paid. Simple as that.

Not being a Celtics fan. hahaha i dont even know how to respond to that. What did you get that from your spidey senses?

Go look at my previous posts, that dumb comment shows you have no credibility at all and just like to talk nonsense.

Before going out there and accusing others of being trolls, do a little research. Its a forum genius, people come here to talk about danny, the celtics, opinions, etc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to TPETTEWAY1's comment:

[QUOTE]

hey man the pierce has been paid quite a bit for his services . its a business plain and simple get over it . this team is going no where with pierce and garnett the rebuild must be done . if danny can fleece the other teams players or picks so be it .  you cant tell me this celtic team is of championship caliber right now !  its time to reload
    [/QUOTE]
    That's the problem with those two in the current situation, as it's doubtfull that DA will be in the position to fleece anyone.  IMHO better to wait to the trade deadline or beyond.  Celtics fan need to suck it up because it's another .500 year in the making. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Hey Rodney Dangerfield, the Cavs will be better than us next year. Pierce could be the 3rd or 4th option and help them get in the play offs. Like someone else said, he has been paid well for his time in Boston. When we were bad he wanted to be traded, now we're bad again, Danny is giving him what he wanted!!

Cavs will be better than us next year, what a prediction. Absolute joke of a prediction.

Pierce a 4th option with the CAVS, not on his worst day. If you think he will allow that, you obviously forgot about the ego Pierce has, he didnt want to back up a potential star in Jeff Green to be a 4th option for a team going absolutely nowhere and would be lucky to make the 8th seed.

Dirk has been payed better than Pierce up in Dallas, you dont see Cuban sending him off when they suck.

And yes your spot on with Danny giving him what heh wants, sending him to the CAVS a contender for the championship, keep telling yourself that.

Spot on with all your points.

And about your"Rodney Dangerfield" Next time you go being all sarcastic, at least make some points that actually make sense.

OK Rodney, calm down. The Cavs will be trying to make the play offs next year. I don't think the Celtics will want to be in the play offs next year. That is why i said the Cavs would be better than us.

Irving, Waiters and Tristan Thompson will all be better next year, if Pierce joins them he would most likely be a 3rd or 4th option. I mean he couldn't score on Raymond Felton in the play offs last year and he will be another year older and slower this coming season. 

As for Dirk, Danny doesn't care what Cuban does with his players, he's trying to do what's best for the Celtics.

As for the Dangerfield thing, it just seemed to fit. I kinda liked it.  I guess that's just the way it goes, you try to be a little funny and you get not respect, no respect at all!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I was hard on RA when he left but, later after this doc deal I stated I owed RA an apology. RA was truthful to both himself and the fans. He sat and answered question and took out a full page ad before he actually signed with the heat. I can see why doc left he wanted to call all the shots and took a pay cut to do it. He's going to make the same amount of $$$ doing2 jobs as he was here. I say be careful what you wish for doc. If doc takes the high road like RA did I  would feel better but for some reason he didn't even sit with DA at the news conference. Maybe he will in a few days but I'm not holding my breath. After this who knows if PP and KG are sad,miffed or complacent about how and why doc left, myself I am more interested in how they feel about the situation than hearing doc spin his decision. As for PP, I doubt that anyone posting,including myself has anything but pure speculation on what PP wants or what DA is going to do this next few days. I'm a PP fan as my moniker implies I'm a Rondo fan,I've always been a KG fan too but I've been a Celtic fan since before all of them were born. I have faith in DA and I think doc "gave him a sales job" and did as good as possible with the situation he was dealt. I also believe that even w/o any of the 3 RR,PP or KG we're not going to be in the lottery next year.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Your entitled to your opinion as am I. I say we aren't in the lottery after next seasons end. You don't agree only time will tell.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to KennCelt53's comment:

There were still aspirations of a title run when Ray bolted for the Celtics biggest title obstical, Miami.

Maybe for you, but not for me and certainly also not for Ray. After 2010 the window was shot IMO and after 2012 it should have been obvious for everyone.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

When the player or coach takes control of their destiny like Ray or Doc, they are traitors and loyalty should matter.  But when management ships them out or fires a winning coach to benefit management's desires, then it's just business, huh?  Of course that's a double standard.   Pierce can be shipped to Cciti zen?  Ray could be anywhere. Now if he had signed with Danny.

clearly, Ray made the right decision for him and his family vs "shipped somewhere because its a business and the Celtics deserve to get something for him no matter how loyal or how productive he was ". (Pierce)

breaks my heart to see Paul not treated the way Hondo, Bird, Russell, Sam, McHale, Cousy, JoJo, Heinsoln, and other greats were treated.  Loyalty gets you nothing with Danny?  Trade him to a contender!

DA's first priority is do whats best for the Celtics, not PP..  In todays game you cant cherry pick who youre gonna be loyal to and whos gonna be loyal to you... its all a krap shoot and it seems someone always flinches... so like we both understand, this is a business involving big $$$. If PP needs loyalty from the C's, he got it in the form of a massive, multiyear contract.. In return, he played his blank off and lived up to it..end of story.

If DA can make a deal for PP to a contender, IM all for it...  and Im all for DA exploring every possibility in that regard..... but if theres a better deal out there with a lousy team.. then PP is going to a lousy team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

[QUOTE]

When the player or coach takes control of their destiny like Ray or Doc, they are traitors and loyalty should matter.  But when management ships them out or fires a winning coach to benefit management's desires, then it's just business, huh?  Of course that's a double standard.   Pierce can be shipped to Cciti zen?  Ray could be anywhere. Now if he had signed with Danny.

clearly, Ray made the right decision for him and his family vs "shipped somewhere because its a business and the Celtics deserve to get something for him no matter how loyal or how productive he was ". (Pierce)

breaks my heart to see Paul not treated the way Hondo, Bird, Russell, Sam, McHale, Cousy, JoJo, Heinsoln, and other greats were treated.  Loyalty gets you nothing with Danny?  Trade him to a contender!

DA's first priority is do whats best for the Celtics, not PP..  In todays game you cant cherry pick who youre gonna be loyal to and whos gonna be loyal to you... its all a krap shoot and it seems someone always flinches... so like we both understand, this is a business involving big $$$. If PP needs loyalty from the C's, he got it in the form of a massive, multiyear contract.. In return, he played his blank off and lived up to it..end of story.

If DA can make a deal for PP to a contender, IM all for it...  and Im all for DA exploring every possibility in that regard..... but if theres a better deal out there with a lousy team.. then PP is going to a lousy team.

[/QUOTE]

It's ok to take that position.  But, I assume Hulu are consistent, right?  If the player or coach sees a chance to take control of their own destiny and do what's right for them,........it's a business!  It's not about being a turncoat but about making good decisions for your career and your family.  If business decisions trump loyalty for the owners, the. It trumps loyalty for the players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's ok to take that position.  But, I assume Hulu are consistent, right?  If the player or coach sees a chance to take control of their own destiny and do what's right for them,........it's a business!  It's not about being a turncoat but about making good decisions for your career and your family.  If business decisions trump loyalty for the owners, the. It trumps loyalty for the players.

[/QUOTE]

I assume youre referencing DOcs decision here and I dont have a problem with it.. In fact, Im quite happy  about it..  I certainly believe anytthing done within the law and rules of the NBA is ok for the most part... Doc should do whats best for himself and career and I dont hold that agasint him.. Danny held the ace in the hole to prevent it and chose not to, so thats that..

The ramifications of what he did, we can only speculate... Could we have gotten more than a pick 2 years from now had Doc not made it clear he watned out??? Could we have gotten Bledsoe had that KG trade gone forward if Doc didnt intervene??   I believe those were possibilities and if so, Doc was either ignorant or complicit in diminishing the return to the Celtics.

ITs my opinion there is little loyalty in pro sports and if there is, its rare theres reciprocation. Doesnt KG bleed green? until he had a shot to join the Clippers .. Some take this stuff personally, I dont... its the way it is and best you're prepared for it instead of dreaming of your heroes committed to your team

Sections
Shortcuts