Celtics sign Chris Wilcox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Celtics sign Chris Wilcox

Tweet from Gary Washburn at 7:44PM ET: "Chris Wilcox is here at #celtics camp. Played with Ray Allen in seattle"

Tweet from Gary Washburn at 7:51PM ET: "Wilcox signed a one-year deal for what appears to be vets minimum #celtics"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Celtics sign Chris Wilcox

YES!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Vet min? Sweet!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Chris Wilcox is a solid acquisition, if in fact he signed for the veteran's minimum. He's 6'10, 235 lb., only 29 years old. For his career, he averages 5.6 RPG/9 PPG in only 19 minutes. He should definitely help this team with its inside game. The inability to rebound was what killed the Celtics in the 2010 Finals.

The team is starting to round into form:

C Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Wilcox
    PF Kevin Garnett, Brandon Bass, JaJuan Johnson
    SF Paul Pierce, Jeff Green, Marquis Daniels
    PG Rajon Rondo, Keyon Dooling, Avery Bradley
    SG Ray Allen, E'twaun Moore

There are still two roster spots left. At least one of them should go to another center. I'd be flexible on the 15th guy, and just aim for the most talented player available. The Celtics haven't used the MLE yet, to my knowledge.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

BIG! NICE PICK UP!

again no one knows he's coming....FIERCE KNOWS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics sign Chris Wilcox:
    BIG! NICE PICK UP! again no one knows he's coming....FIERCE KNOWS.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

No way, man, I called this one two weeks ago!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

Is there anything official - i couldnt find anything~

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Great pickup especially for vet min. I just started a post about how bass was an upgrade over bbaby based on per and come to find that wilcox has a higher per than BOTH bbaby and bass. Wilcox at 18.09 per and is an excellent rebounder. We are really stacked at the 4 now we just need a backup center, (aaron gray,jeff foster or jason collins ) 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Is there anything official - i couldnt find anything~
    Posted by rbrock911

http://www.celticsblog.com/

Just scroll down and you will see the post. JG signed a one year contract as well!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

JG for 1-year!!  That is music to my ears.  Danny is doing a very nice job.  A few more positions to fill and the Celts will have a nice season.  Of-course, this not put them over the hump as the stars are aging.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Chris Wilcox is a solid acquisition, if in fact he signed for the veteran's minimum. He's 6'10, 235 lb., only 29 years old. For his career, he averages 5.6 RPG/9 PPG in only 19 minutes. He should definitely help this team with its inside game. The inability to rebound was what killed the Celtics in the 2010 Finals. The team is starting to round into form: C Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Wilcox PF Kevin Garnett, Brandon Bass, JaJuan Johnson SF Paul Pierce, Jeff Green, Marquis Daniels PG Rajon Rondo, Keyon Dooling, Avery Bradley SG Ray Allen, E'twaun Moore There are still two roster spots left. At least one of them should go to another center. I'd be flexible on the 15th guy, and just aim for the most talented player available. The Celtics haven't used the MLE yet, to my knowledge.
    Posted by davidap

good looking roster.  If KG's backups can do their job and if they can add more depth to the center position with one of those two last spots because O'neil is not going to log a ton of minutes this year, then we've got a chance.  That third SG spot might go to the kid from Pitt who was invited to camp.    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Chris Wilcox is not a center

We now have 6 guys who can play PF and JON/KG/Wilcox as the center depth chart

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Use the 3 million on a real center and trade Avery and a pick for a real backup SG unless Delonte is taking the vet minimum... DWest/Dooling is ok in 10-14 mins a night, with Avery a 'breakout' guy in 12-13

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Brandon Bass and Chris Wilcox give us a couple of tough defenders and good rebounders.

Bass is all around a better player than Big Baby. In every area. Big upgrade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Awesome pick..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Chris Wilcox is not a center We now have 6 guys who can play PF and JON/KG/Wilcox as the center depth chart
    Posted by rameakap

Many moon ago, I said to swap Perk with NJ Lopez.
    If Danny can get him today, the Celtics has a big chance to win the championship.
    Mark my word. That's a prediction that make sense not Fierce pipe dream.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

235 LB. CENTER is strange unless he is very, very, active, he will be grilled by Howard , Gasol, and others.  I did not say he was not a ok player but that he is very very very light for a center.  Davis stood his ground and did a good job on the 5, but few on this site recognize that, Howard  did and got him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Chris Wilcox is a solid acquisition, if in fact he signed for the veteran's minimum. He's 6'10, 235 lb., only 29 years old. For his career, he averages 5.6 RPG/9 PPG in only 19 minutes. He should definitely help this team with its inside game. The inability to rebound was what killed the Celtics in the 2010 Finals. The team is starting to round into form: C Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Wilcox PF Kevin Garnett, Brandon Bass, JaJuan Johnson SF Paul Pierce, Jeff Green, Marquis Daniels PG Rajon Rondo, Keyon Dooling, Avery Bradley SG Ray Allen, E'twaun Moore There are still two roster spots left. At least one of them should go to another center. I'd be flexible on the 15th guy, and just aim for the most talented player available. The Celtics haven't used the MLE yet, to my knowledge.
    Posted by davidap

Dude....I like your running commentary and updates on the roster....you're better than the press!!  Add David West soon! Maybe delete JO?  Who knows.  In Danny we trust!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

I watched Chris Wilcox when he played at Maryland and Jeff Green when he played at Georgetown.  IMHO, I thought both would exceed all expectations and become very very good NBA players.  Neither, to date as reached my expectations and, in Wilcox's case maybe because of injuries and in Green's case, maybe because of the the players, Durant and Westbrook in OK City and in the Celtics' case the Big 4, neither has reached expectations.  Wilcox will fill a role with the Celtics, I think Green is a trade chip, but very quickly time will tell.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Che,
    How is it we get Lopez.  Is Howard going to Dallas or LA? Even if he did NJ would be less likely to trade Lopez. Can you elaborate on your thinking?

Sections
Shortcuts