Celtics Sign Lendro Barbosa

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Re: Celtics Sign Lendro Barbosa

Tammy at least I don't pretend to be a Celtics fan.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Not really a PG, but I like the move, esp since he won't be going to the lakers now.

Danny probably not done yet - man was this a fun off-season.

How is Danny not done? I think thats absurd. Seasons about to start, we have 14 signed players with Joseph as the 15th. What other holes are there?

Unless a HUGE opportunity comes up, I can't see any other moves until after all-star break, at which point we will see how healthy our core is, who else has contributed and not, and what (if any) gaps remain.

He has the whole season, doesn't he?  Are you saying that if a vet backup PG comes along, he wouldn't cut someone?  You are right, we have 15 - one non-guarateed, and several vet mins.....................he could be done, and probably is, but I don't think this will be the roster  come playoff time, that's all I'm saying!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to TommyRules' comment:

1) You don't think he's that good.

2) You don't think he is better then Steve Blake.

3) You think he is injury prone.

4) If he is not as good as Blake, then you will probably be mad when he is playing poing guard and Terry is sitting on the bench.

5) You are happy about the signing because you think Danny's S don't stink. If Barbosa would have gone to any other team, you would have mocked the signing and only brought up his negatives like you did when LA was talking about signing him. Remember what I said about being close-minded? BINGO.

What is poing guard???

As a 13th guy on a team, he is fine...........I have been very critical of some of Danny's moves, most notably passing on PJIII and Moultrie for Melo.......gee, for someone who spends all day on here, you really don't pick up too much, do ya?????

If Barbosa went to any other team, I would post nothing because I don't care.  He DID NOT go to the lakers, as you predicted, and that has your little panties in a bunch.  It's okay, you were wrong,  happens to everyone.  Just you more than most!!!

Can't wait until Darko kills someone........oh yeah, you said he was a bad teammate, and would be released by Christmas......sure you didn't mean Christmas will be released before Darko??

You sure seemed to care when the Lakers were interested in him.
    Liar alert, liar alert!

I seemed to care because he would have helped the lakers.  Maybe more than he will help us................it's called messin' with ya!  If he signed with anyone else, or remained unsigned, I wouldn't care - that is correct!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

See, THAT is not true, I'm not a Yankees fan, for God's sake.  There are plenty of Celtic players I disliked................

the FACT that Ainge signed a player you were wetting your pants over is extremely gratifying to me, I don't even care if he plays a second this year!!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Like most vet min deals, you  really cant go wrong. Barbosa can still score. However I dont really see the need of ANOTHER combo guard. I dont know why the c's are reluctant to let terry play backup pg and some sg. He has played pretty well in the preason at the point, especially running the pick and roll. When bradley comes back, between him and lee , there isnt gonna be a lot of minutes left for the jet at the 2. So playing the point is just another way to get jet more playing time.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Agree  - as an 11th or 12th player, he is fine.  Tommy is wetting his pants because Barbosa would be the third guard in the lakers rotation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'm fine with our 11-15 players being:

Collins, Melo, Wilcox, Joseph, Barbosa

The team that took the champs to 7 had these guys 11-15:

Hollins, Williams, Jujuan & E'Twuan

And #15 was Avery, out for the entire ECF but not replaced by anyone

Then 6-10 last year was:

Stiemsma, Pietrus, 'Quis, Sasha and Dooling

This year it is:

Darko (or Wilcox), two out of Terry, Lee and Avery, Green and Sully (or Bass)

WOW!

Sections
Shortcuts