Celtics Sign Lendro Barbosa

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Celtics Sign Lendro Barbosa

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

See, THAT is not true, I'm not a Yankees fan, for God's sake.  There are plenty of Celtic players I disliked................

the FACT that Ainge signed a player you were wetting your pants over is extremely gratifying to me, I don't even care if he plays a second this year!!!

[/QUOTE]

I wet my pants over Barbosa?

Uh, no.

I know the Lakers were happy to sign Meeks over Barbosa.

As an fyi, I only have another 4 or 5 hours to discuss Barbosa tonight.

[/QUOTE]

If you think Lakers are happy to get Meek then you're dumber than I thought.

Meek and Bleak, ugh!

[/QUOTE]

Meek plays behind Kobe.

He will be a nice spark off the bench for the Fakers for 12-15 minutes.

[/QUOTE]

I thought his name was Meeks??

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZippyBongHits. Show ZippyBongHits's posts

Wow, this Celtics team is stacked. Deepest team they have probably had in over 30 years.

Starting 5:

KG

Pierce

Sullinger (I assume eventually if not right away)

Bradley(when he comes back)

Rondo

Bench:

Bass

Terry

Lee

Barbosa

Wilcox

Milicic

Green

Joseph

Melo(project)

Are you kidding me? Besides Melo and Joseph all these players are STARTING caliber players.....there is no fat on this roster at all. Even Milicic has serious skills.....if KG and DOC can get him to play with a chip on his shoulder on a regular basis.......WOW.

Thats 14 right there(12 DEEP).......16 is max roster right? Who is left for last 2 roster spots?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It is the deepest team they have had that I can recall.  Not the best, but the deepest.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to ZippyBongHits' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, this Celtics team is stacked. Deepest team they have probably had in over 30 years.

Starting 5:

KG

Pierce

Sullinger (I assume eventually if not right away)

Bradley(when he comes back)

Rondo

Bench:

Bass

Terry

Lee

Barbosa

Wilcox

Milicic

Green

Joseph

Melo(project)

Are you kidding me? Besides Melo and Joseph all these players are STARTING caliber players.....there is no fat on this roster at all. Even Milicic has serious skills.....if KG and DOC can get him to play with a chip on his shoulder on a regular basis.......WOW.

Thats 14 right there(12 DEEP).......16 is max roster right? Who is left for last 2 roster spots?

[/QUOTE]

Don't say that too loudly......Tommy already thinks he's going to kill someone on the court, and is afraid of Darko.  Imagine how afraid Tommy would be if Darko has a chip on his shoulder...............oooohhhh....scary!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

TROLL TOMMY RULES,

ITS IS NOW OUT OF THE BAG..THAT YOUR A LAKER FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLOGGETY YOU DIDNT CHANGE ACCOUNTS TO WRITE THE POST SON....

SO YOU CAN DEFEND THE LAKERS..BUT PUT DOWN BOSTON..

AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A FAN!!!!

SORRY WERE NOT BUYING IT..

TROLL...TROLL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

HEY BLOGETTY TROLL BROTHERRRRRRRR,

THIS IS FOR YOU.....

+INFINITY and 1

Mitch Kupchak And The Agony Of Defeat +

By Mike Prada on May 22, 12:14a

Actually, this goes beyond agony. I'm worried for Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak's health after seeing this close-up from the TNT cameras.

Lakersgm_medium

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

it's a decent signing, though hard to imagine a scenario where 4 2 gaurds find playing time. however, a bench that consists of green, bass, terry, lee, milicic, wilcox, and barbosa has to be considered one of, if not the, strongest in the league. better than some bad teams starting 5s. the only thing the roster is missing is a true back-up pg and perhaps a true back-up center who can consistently score the basketball, but there are so few quality bigs out there I think you have to be satisfied with a group that includes sullinger, garnett, wilcox, collins, darko, and bass. seems as if bass has gotten the message and knows he needs to rebound better (whether that happens or not is another question). right now we just have issues with health (wilcox, darko), but that's true of all teams. if these issues continue they are going to need another quality back-up big. collins is fine for a 12-14 guy who can eat up some minutes and play if there are injury issues, but personally do not feel comfortable with him as a primary back-up center. which is why the darko signing was huge. the guy will struggle a bit on d, he'll frustrate the hell out of everyone with misses in close and mental laspses; he'll get beat down low because he can'tmove his feat; but he will defend the post, block a few shots, make some passes out of the high post, and not kill the team when the second unit is out there. he's big and strong enough to defend anyone in the post one on one and he will be asked to do less than he ever has been asked to do before. all he has to do is go out and play basketball, continue learning the system, fit in, work hard, rebound the ball on the defensive end of the court, block the occasional shot, and catch the ball and dunk it when he's wide open down low. he grabs an offensive rebound, hits a few lefty half hooks in the lane - bonus. just hope he stays healthy... the effectiveness of guys like Sullinger, Lee, and Darko might be the difference between having a chance to beat Miami and not. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/leandro_barbosa/

you could do a lot worse than having this guy coming off the bench in the playofss..(if needed)

did pretty well agains miami..also gives us ammo for possible mid season trades...gotta love it..

and took him off the market from Fakers..they can have Fishhead...

Sections
Shortcuts