Celtics sign Shavlik Randolph

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Celtics sign Shavlik Randolph

Um, this flew under the radar. Well now we have a full roster. Is he this year's Stiemer...we will see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Celtics sign Shavlik Randolph

Runrun will like it - he's a white guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-12y4aVjry8

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Odd. I didn't see that coming. I hadn't heard his name in years.  Well that's the team I guess.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I knew they were looking at him, I posted it a while ago.  I was hoping they would sign the German kid, but he wanted a long term deal.  I think this is a good signing.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

From the video it looks like he plays solid defense. He's 6'10...can someone take Doc/Danny's temperature. I can't believe they finally signed someone taller than 6'10. Two big bodies, you know who the happiest person in Boston is today.........KG.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

TWILL, DJ White, and now Randolph. We should also open a affiliate team in China!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

If you say it real fast it kind of sounds like Zach Randolph.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Randolph, a 6’10” forward, appeared in 28 games for the Foshan Long Lions of the Chinese Basketball Association this season averaging 32.0 points, 14.6 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 1.7 steals and 1.0 blocks in 36.5 minutes per game while shooting 53.1% from the floor

WOW. I know the CBA is nothing close to the NBA, but thats fairly impressive. He's got to be one of the best players in that league!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Randolph, a 6’10” forward, appeared in 28 games for the Foshan Long Lions of the Chinese Basketball Association this season averaging 32.0 points, 14.6 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 1.7 steals and 1.0 blocks in 36.5 minutes per game while shooting 53.1% from the floor

WOW. I know the CBA is nothing close to the NBA, but thats fairly impressive. He's got to be one of the best players in that league!

don't count in it.......he's worst than Collins...probably worst than Collins when Collins turns 45.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

don't count in it.......he's worst than Collins...probably worst than Collins when Collins turns 45.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Um, this flew under the radar. Well now we have a full roster. Is he this year's Stiemer...we will see.

Very good pick up Danny.Good basketball IQ.Good for 10-12 min.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

At least now we have some hard fouls to give and a bit of size.  Williams could be with the team for a while, he has skills and strength to go with it.  Crawford will get a shot and Green should get mega minutes with Paul nerve damage.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

I tried to look up this player on draft express but my security software blocked it because of attack history. Anyone having problems with draft express?..like computer slow down?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Lets give the guy a chance. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Odd. I didn't see that coming. I hadn't heard his name in years.  Well that's the team I guess.

Finally the word TEAM fits! 3-1 last 4, 11-4 since RR went down as the sample size continues to grow. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Pierce can  be a problem  from time to time, when he decides to keep shooting when he can;t hit the broad side of a barn. Howvever, more offten then not, he has success. With KG playing as well, he moderates the issue.

Danny took a chance on these guys for a reason. I hope he is right.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

c'mon kirk...seriously, who is even close to Pierce in his composure, audacity/self-confidence, and ability to make a play on his own?...nobody else on the Celtics, that's for sure...nevermind most of the rest of the league...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to elvis-surfs' comment:

c'mon kirk...seriously, who is even close to Pierce in his composure, audacity/self-confidence, and ability to make a play on his own?...nobody else on the Celtics, that's for sure...nevermind most of the rest of the league...

I prefer a motion offense where the whole team shares the ball.

We won 7 straight games that way.

I hear ya Kirk, but when push comes to shove, I want the ball in Pierce's hands, for better or worse, flat out, like a lizard drinking...go Celts!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I prefer a motion offense where the whole team shares the ball.

We won 7 straight games that way.

I hear ya Kirk, but when push comes to shove, I want the ball in Pierce's hands, for better or worse, flat out, like a lizard drinking...go Celts!

lol

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Finally the word TEAM fits! 3-1 last 4, 11-4 since RR went down as the sample size continues to grow. 

Now if we could just get away from the Pierce centric offense.

I do too..but like to see a combo of both..to throw off the d...sometimes they tend to overplay to prevent the ball movement, and its good to have PP take it strong, make the pass inside or hit the j, since he is not doubled...make them pay for over playing...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to KG-LB-KM's comment:

Pierce can  be a problem  from time to time, when he decides to keep shooting when he can;t hit the broad side of a barn. Howvever, more offten then not, he has success. With KG playing as well, he moderates the issue.

Danny took a chance on these guys for a reason. I hope he is right.

Well you just named the MO of every great scorer in the NBA.  They all keep shooting because thats what they do.. Some though when not scoring well find other ways to help the team,  like draw charges,  rebounding, and assists.  Not all of the others but some.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to KG-LB-KM's comment:

Lets give the guy a chance. 

I'm all for it!!!  But I guess the question begs asking: will DOC BLITHERS give him a chance?!

Sections
Shortcuts