Celtics sign Von Wafer to a one year deal

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Re: Celtics sign Von Wafer to a one year deal

In Response to Re: Celtics sign Von Wafer to a one year deal:
    It is my understanding that Wafer passed his physical with Dallas this past spring, and was signed to a 10-day contract.  The past health issue was directly related to his back (bulging disc). According to unverified sources, the bulging disc is the reason he failed both physicals with Memphis and Houston, in late 2009 and early 2010 (post Europe). When healthy this guy is good. He was having a break out year in 2008 / 2009 (Rockets) before he decided to bolt for Europe. He is FIERY!! If Wafer remains healthy and reports to camp in shape, this may be the sleeper FA signing of the 2010-2011 season. Way to go DA!!!
    Posted by BCSP

Great observation...

Disc problems can be major issues for the one who has one but with the right micro surgery especially at age 25 it can be completely resolved. Chances are the bulge can be reduced with rest and anti inflammetory treatment. Add the big three(4) influence and .....

Those high jump landings can irritate a disc condition and one needs to pick his spots to do the aerobatics! On the other hand I believe he has the  ability to not only score at will but to be a major defensive force like a "Giddens"on steroids!  Stay on the floor for real defense.... aerial displays only when needed!

I like this acquisition!

Sections
Shortcuts