Celtics singled out as Biggest Trsde Day Loser

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Celtics singled out as Biggest Trsde Day Loser

Bleacher Report, Fox Sports, Sporting News amoung sports media outlets declaring that the Celtics along with New Jersey and Portland were the Biggest Trade Day Losers. I unforetunealy agree. And I'm sure there are the usual always sunny day posters in denial with excuses for nor being able to improve the team this year AND begin to rebuild for the future. And please don't give Danny credit for lying in wait for Kaman, which is far from probable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Re: Celtics singled out as Biggest Trsde Day Loser

No argument here. Boston did nothing and stayed with a team that's 7th in the Leastern conference.

Excellent work Dannnnnyyyyy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

oh s h i t....well if they all said it, we MUST be doomed!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

You have to look at what the team plans to do with next season when you evaluate what they didn't do yesterday.

They kept Garnett's and Allen's expiring contracts which can be used to possibly resign both guys at a reduced rate.  I doubt that either palyer would have ever considered returning to Boston next year if they had been traded away yesterday.  They kept Pierce because they could not get what they wanted in return.

Yes, everyone knows that all of these future Hall of Famers are not what they used to be night in and night out, but there is no one around who thinks that they cannot make a contribution to next year's team.

Of course, either Garnett or Allen could decide not to resign, retire, play somewhere else, etc, but it was a good move not to ship them out yesterday.

The Celtics also did not pick up any contracts that will get in the way of any rebuilding for next year.  Whomever was available who may have helped a little bit right now most certainly would have had some sort of guaranteed contract for next season.  A marginal player now with such a second (and, maybe third) year of a contract would still only have been marginal now and a pain later.

I am not sure that any one player who got moved yesterday is going to change the future of any other team.  Howard may have if he had been traded, but even he was a gamble in that he may have turned out to be only a two month rental.

Sessions should help the Lakers a little bit, but the Celtics didn't need him.  Some guys like McGee may find some limited success with a new "home", but if he could not lead Washington to any higher standing again this year how much is he going to help his new team?

Unfortunately, Wilcox is injured and will not return this year and it seems that O'Niel wants to play in Miami (if he wants to be bought out so badly the Celtics should negotiate with this guy from a position of strength and let him go for a small sum -$300,000-500,000 - and be rid of him), so the Celtics do need to find a center type guy from somewhere, but I liked not doing anything yesterday if there was no franchise changing player available at the deadline.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

He only has Pierce, Rondo, Johnson and Bradley gauranteed next year.

He is going to blow it up.  As he should.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

elDunker2, I think you have to consider the source when you cite reports saying the Celtics, along with Portland, were the biggest trade day losers.

If you check out:  http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/15/nba-trade-deadline-report-cards-portland-gets-an-a/

The Celtics got an "Inc." but Portland got an "A" for the reasons below.

Portland Trail Blazers: I love what they did today. Love it. This is not a very good team but they have some nice parts such as LaMarcus Aldridge and Nicolas Batum. So they got rid of the expensive parts and brought back expiring deals. With today’s moves they will be about $25 million under the salary cap this summer (assuming Jamal Crawford opts out as expected) — they can re-sign Batum and still get a max deal free agent. Plus they have the Nets’ first-round pick this draft. That, my friends, is how you rebuild on the fly. The only thing that would have made it better is finding a taker for Raymond Felton. Grade: A.

I think you have to wait it out and see because everyone has their opinion of the trades.  You can probably find a report that validates anything you are looking to have validated.  If you looked hard enough, "someone" would report that the Lakers did not improve themselves as much as they may think.  However, we will just have to play out the season and see how things fall out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Celtics singled out as Biggest Trsde Day Loser:
    [QUOTE]Bleacher Report, Fox Sports, Sporting News amoung sports media outlets declaring that the Celtics along with New Jersey and Portland were the Biggest Trade Day Losers. I unforetunealy agree. And I'm sure there are the usual always sunny day posters in denial with excuses for nor being able to improve the team this year AND begin to rebuild for the future. And please don't give Danny credit for lying in wait for Kaman, which is far from probable.
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

And we were the big winner last year. We have preserved a ton of cap space, and have two first round picks. Some times nothing is the best move. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    Celtics were losers in the opinion of the people who are in the business of predicting something that's less predictable than weather next week. So what...
    Again, it is opinion. In a year or two or five they and we will know if the Celtics were or were not losers on March 15, 2012.
    In my opinion they, Celtics, won in that DA stayed the course of re-building the team.

AK

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobo354. Show bobo354's posts

He didn't trade anyone because NOBODy wanted this bunch of LOSERS!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics singled out as Biggest Trsde Day Loser:
    [QUOTE]He didn't trade anyone because NOBODy wanted this bunch of LOSERS!!
    Posted by bobo354[/QUOTE]

He didn't trade because he didn't want to just give away this band of winners. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics singled out as Biggest Trsde Day Loser : He didn't trade because he didn't want to just give away this band of winners. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Great work Dannnnnnyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Then, don't watch!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

HA, Are you Bobo from Finding Bigfoot?  You need to get your facts straight, teams were after Ray and Pierce, but they would not give up what DA wanted. Read the articles on any sports website.

Sections
Shortcuts