Celtics = SOFT

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Celtics = SOFT

Overreact much? 

Look I hated the Perk trade for exactly the reason you described. 

That said, your argument falls apart quickly. You say that the Celts have been soft since then. But then we made the eastern conference finals last year right? Even though we were soft? So there must be something more to it? Don't tell me Philly this year is any better than the teams we beat last year. Last year we made it to the finals, this year we will be one and done...we've gotten that much softer since last year? Why? Because we lost Ray Allen and replaced him with Terry and Lee? C'mon man! 

The Nets look good, they will be a tough matchup for us for sure, but give me a break with Philly and the Knicks, these are not great teams. 

Personally I think we are one mean guy away from being pretty good. And we may just have enough pieces to trade for such a player closer to the deadline.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

year after year I request tough guys like Stiemsma,Pietrus,Reggie Evans,Perk,Posey,Artest,Kenyon Martin, + Matt Barnes.

Year after year we fail to acquire or keep them.  This is Danny's fault. He refuses to acquire players  he does'nt like personally.  Those same role players come in here and kick our ess and have fun doing it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Overreact much? 

Look I hated the Perk trade for exactly the reason you described. 

That said, your argument falls apart quickly. You say that the Celts have been soft since then. But then we made the eastern conference finals last year right? Even though we were soft? So there must be something more to it? Don't tell me Philly this year is any better than the teams we beat last year. Last year we made it to the finals, this year we will be one and done...we've gotten that much softer since last year? Why? Because we lost Ray Allen and replaced him with Terry and Lee? C'mon man! 

The Nets look good, they will be a tough matchup for us for sure, but give me a break with Philly and the Knicks, these are not great teams. 

Personally I think we are one mean guy away from being pretty good. And we may just have enough pieces to trade for such a player closer to the deadline.

[/QUOTE]

We did not get that mean guy when we needed to.  Reggie Evans has been a free agent the last two years.  Andre Blatche (17pts and 13rebounds last night) under KG might have been a solution that is just the Nets personnel.  Our players are not doing well,  what team is going to jump at Green or Lee with their salaries?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A little over 2 weeks and maybe something will happen. Let's just wait for what Ainge will do.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce - one thing that we are not likely to see/hear over the next few weeks! A noticeable improvement in Pau's singing voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXSSP6Ujwg

Yikes!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

They are not soft as much as short. The team was built for some crazy small ball idea that Miami can pull off because they have LeBron. I don't know who won the Clippers game last night I saw some of the first half and Deandre Jordan is developing into a very good big man.  The Celtics lack a true starting center, period. And Brooklyn, to their management's credit, has a surplus of strong, young, coordinated bigs...good for them, bad for the team's that have to face them. I'm with Hedley, small ball is a big mistake.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think the Celtics are more soft than short.  Even at 6'8" or 6'9", a player can be very aggressive and physical and be effective.  When you look at KG and Wilcox getting out-physicaled by Blatche, Evans and Humphries, it's easy to see just how much they avoid contact.

If you use your body constantly, your opponent will do one of two things.  He will get physical right back with you OR he will feel the effects and avoid contact altogether.  THAT second response is what the Celtics do all too much.  All KG wants to do is shoot perimeter shots.  Bottom line, he's not a banger.

Sully is just not physical or athletic enough at the NBA level to consistently effect a game.  The same goes for Bass yet these are our bigs who play the most minutes.

I honestly believe we NEED to sign Kenyon Martin.  When you look at how the Knicks improved themselves with enforcers like Sheed and even Jason Kidd.  Those guys will play very well with Chandler and (once he's healthy) Camby.  The Nets have already shown us twice that this is a new year.  And they are legitimate.

And when Bynum returns, Philly is going to be even better.  Thad Young, Evan and Bynum is a pretty good front line.  Bynum is going to be a tough cover for Garnett as is Lopez.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

how about soft AND short?

I agree, desire and not being afraid to get bruised a bit will get you a long way if you're not a 7-footer. Although a feel for where the ball's going to be helps too, and that can't be learned.

Bass has the body to be a pretty good rebounder; i mean the guy's strong.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We definitely are BOTH soft and short.  Living in Washington, DC, I always felt Blatche was soft.  And honestly he still is soft but he looks like a beast against us.  Blatche makes Celtics fans wish he was a Celtic.  That's how soft we are!

Some years back I loved to watch Leon Powe.  He wasn't the tallest cat on the court but he had no fear and had more heart than any other Celtics player.  He relished the idea of "mixing it up".  Posey was like that too.  Unless you have just supremely superior talent, you have to have a couple "mix it up" players.

We simply need guys of that character.  Then again, there is no substitute for having "semi-soft" but talented 7 footers who can halfway play either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We definitely are BOTH soft and short.  Living in Washington, DC, I always felt Blatche was soft.  And honestly he still is soft but he looks like a beast against us.  Blatche makes Celtics fans wish he was a Celtic.  That's how soft we are!

Some years back I loved to watch Leon Powe.  He wasn't the tallest cat on the court but he had no fear and had more heart than any other Celtics player.  He relished the idea of "mixing it up".  Posey was like that too.  Unless you have just supremely superior talent, you have to have a couple "mix it up" players.

We simply need guys of that character.  Then again, there is no substitute for having "semi-soft" but talented 7 footers who can halfway play either.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, but hasnt this team for a while tried to get buy with being a finesse, jump shooting team? I mean K.G. only looks to shoot. ON defense, although weve been at the top every year until now, we still were never enforcers. We had a system of help, that when operated correctly minimized points in the paint, but weve never been a team to Hard foul a guy and thats part of teams coming in pumped with their chests out cuz they have no fear of being put on the ground. Only guy in Rondo is what 180, soaking wet so noone is scared to take a hard foul from Rondo but I dont like how they wait till they are getting their asssses whooped before they lash out in frustration. How about pushing people in the context of the game!??   Im not feeling this team right now. PP just put on his F/B that its not about winning the division but rather they are focused on winning a title!??   LMAO!!!  Even PP dont know the Truth anymore....This team is delusional about their chances right now

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

2007-2008 NBA Champions Roster -   Much bigger team than what they have now. Also, the Big 3 were younger. Also, there were some tough guys who took charges (Posey, Baby).     No.PlayerPosHtWtBirth DateExpCollege 20 Ray Allen G 6-5 205 July 20, 1975 11 University of Connecticut 42 Tony Allen G 6-4 213 January 11, 1982 3 Oklahoma State University 93 P.J. Brown F-C 6-11 225 October 14, 1969 14 Louisiana Tech University 28 Sam Cassell G 6-3 185 November 18, 1969 14 Florida State University 11 Glen Davis F 6-9 289 January 1, 1986 R Louisiana State University 5 Kevin Garnett F 6-11 220 May 19, 1976 12   50 Eddie House G 6-1 180 May 14, 1978 7 Arizona State University 43 Kendrick Perkins C 6-10 280 November 10, 1984 4   34 Paul Pierce F 6-6 230 October 13, 1977 9 University of Kansas 66 Scot Pollard C 6-11 265 February 12, 1975 10 University of Kansas 41 James Posey F-G 6-8 215 January 13, 1977 8 Xavier University 0 Leon Powe F 6-8 240 January 22, 1984 1 University of California 13 Gabe Pruitt G 6-4 170 April 19, 1986 R University of Southern California 9 Rajon Rondo G 6-1 171 February 22, 1986 1 University of Kentucky 44 Brian Scalabrine F 6-9 241 March 18, 1978 6 University of Southern California

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

So just bring out Scal out of retirement is what you are saying?  maybe P.J. too...lol

I guess this is Homer talk cuz Im a fan but I aint buying the too short album. He's been irrelevent for a while now. I play B-ball and dont know how many here do(im talking competitve, not beating up your kids in the backyard) and I know it doesnt matter how short you are. I mean are we talking about fielding a team full of Nate Robinsons???!!! NO, we are talking about a couple undersized players and thats NO excuse to be pushed around. It just means, maybe we aint outjumping anyone but if you are short, use your leverage, push or box out a guy. This is simple "Want to" and Heart and Pride we are talking about so stop with the "we are too short" BS.. We got our arsesss handed to us Twice! Plain n Simple, by a HUngrier Team,. It happens, lets not try to reinvent B-Ball now. We talking about the NB Friggin A here not AAU

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the celtics have been soft since they traded perk.....they havent been able to get KG help on the boards....bass is a decent player, but he isnt a great rebounder.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the celtics have been soft since they traded perk.....they havent been able to get KG help on the boards....bass is a decent player, but he isnt a great rebounder.

[/QUOTE]

We've actually declining in toughness a little each year since we let Posey get away, and could not get PJ Brown, then raw dealed Powe, never went after Matt Barnes or Pietrus at the right time. Chose Giddens over Deandre Jordan. Then we thought it was a brilliant idea to trade our most physical post player for Jeff Geek.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Celtics are more soft than short.  Even at 6'8" or 6'9", a player can be very aggressive and physical and be effective.  When you look at KG and Wilcox getting out-physicaled by Blatche, Evans and Humphries, it's easy to see just how much they avoid contact.

If you use your body constantly, your opponent will do one of two things.  He will get physical right back with you OR he will feel the effects and avoid contact altogether.  THAT second response is what the Celtics do all too much.  All KG wants to do is shoot perimeter shots.  Bottom line, he's not a banger.

Sully is just not physical or athletic enough at the NBA level to consistently effect a game.  The same goes for Bass yet these are our bigs who play the most minutes.

I honestly believe we NEED to sign Kenyon Martin.  When you look at how the Knicks improved themselves with enforcers like Sheed and even Jason Kidd.  Those guys will play very well with Chandler and (once he's healthy) Camby.  The Nets have already shown us twice that this is a new year.  And they are legitimate.

And when Bynum returns, Philly is going to be even better.  Thad Young, Evan and Bynum is a pretty good front line.  Bynum is going to be a tough cover for Garnett as is Lopez.

[/QUOTE]

I have been advocating for Martin for a while..we need that toughness back..we got pushed around enough...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Even BB was a wrecking ball at times..a bit immature, but at least did not get pushed around.

the rook is too green to get physical right now..he gets hammered with rookie calls...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Shorter players, like Wes Unseld, who can rebound are the exception that proves the rule.  Look, they need a big body to box out and help out to help KG, a la Perk. And they need younger guys who can go get the ball. Right now the best rebounders on the team are KG at 9.3/36 minutes and Sully at 8.8. Add a younger center who likes to board and can get 12/36 minutes and voila, we have a rebounding team. Rondo gets after rebounds, as does Chris Joseph if he ever gets to play; Paul's OK. Wilcox is a career 8.8 so that's why he's been a backup his career (a good one I will add).

25. This post has been removed.