Celtics starting 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Celtics starting 5

Its game day. Season starts today. Everyone is healthy, everyone is eligible to play. No additional moves have been made.

Who are the starting 5. Who's first off the bench? Who is ending the game? Who is sidelined the entire game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Celtics starting 5

Rondo

Bradley

Green

Bass

Sullinger

Olynyk first off the bench for Bass. Then Lee for Bradley, Wallace for Green.

"Bench" for 10 min per game is:

Pressey

Brooks

Wallace

Humph

Fav

Bogans & Crawford & Melo benched.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I'll bite:

starters:

Sullinger- 28Min

Bass- 28Min

Green-32Min

Bradley-28 Min

Rondo-32Min

bench W/ Min per game:

KO- 20 min

Lee- 20 Min

Wallace- 20 Min

Brooks- 16 Min

Humphries- 16 min

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I'm curious because who the heck is going to be our starting Center?

an online celticsblog poll had Kris freakin Humphries with over 50% of the vote

right now Fav and Fab are the only real Centers

For me, I like putting Sully out there, but it'll surely come with growing pains, especially against the bigger and better starting centers out there.I also hope KO never even gets a single minute at the 5 spot. it will ruin his confidence.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

For me, I like putting Sully out there, but it'll surely come with growing pains, especially against the bigger and better starting centers out there.I also hope KO never even gets a single minute at the 5 spot. it will ruin his confidence.

humphries will start at center...

sully PF

green SF

rondo PG

and i'm hoping brooks at SG.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Rondo, Brooks, Green, Olynyk, and Faverani.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Rondo/bradley/lee/pressey

Bradley/lee/crawford/ brooks

Green/wallace/brooks

Sully/bass/olynyk/humphries

Humphries/fav/olynyk/bass

This is how i would use this team.. if we played everyone at their true position, there wouldnt be enough minutes at sg and pf..and too many minutes at C.All of the vets have true positions but are experienced enough to play out of position in short spans, so why not use them all at diff positions, so that were not stuck with 2 or 3 guys playing completely out of position for the entire game

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Rondo (if he's really healthy)

Bradley (he and Rondo was a nice tandem)

Green (who else?)

Bass (he's a starter until Sully will regain his last season's rebound monster form)

Fav (i'll give it a shot since he's only true center besides Melo, Humph can't play C all the time and Olynyk's unproven)

Olynyk - C's 6th man and it'd be nice if'll prove that he can be a starter (PF or C)

Humph (backup C/PF)

Brooks - i hope he'll learn to play D and will be a starter for the Celtics, i think he's got a high ceiling

Pressey (backup PG)

Wallace (backup SF)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

thats a gutsy call there.

Bass and Sully both on the bench up front

and Bradley and lee on the bench in the back court.

if that is the starting lineup, the team will be a playoff team.

because KO, Fav and Brooks outplayed bass, Sully and Bradley to get starting nods.

gutsy call for sure

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

thats a gutsy call there.

Bass and Sully both on the bench up front

and Bradley and lee on the bench in the back court.

if that is the starting lineup, the team will be a playoff team.

because KO, Fav and Brooks outplayed bass, Sully and Bradley to get starting nods.

gutsy call for sure

[/QUOTE]

The league has figured Bradley out. Sullinger is good, Oynyk is better.

And Bass? Please.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

How bad is Melo?  Can he absorb some minutes in the NBA and learn what it entails?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

A new to the NBA coach will start whomever the GM or his best players want out there.

Rondo is not sentimental, so if he determines someone is better than last years starter, I think he will lobby for him like he did for Bradley.

So unless someone is obviously superior I think the starters should be Rondo-Bradley-Wallace-Green-Hump.

Green ate up the Miami Heat when they tried to guard him with Bosh and Birdman. He can do that every night Antoine Walker style.

Green will NEED to box out!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

A new to the NBA coach will start whomever the GM or his best players want out there.

Rondo is not sentimental, so if he determines someone is better than last years starter, I think he will lobby for him like he did for Bradley.

So unless someone is obviously superior I think the starters should be Rondo-Bradley-Wallace-Green-Hump.

Green at up the Miami Heat when they tried to guard him with Bosh and Birdman. He can do that every night Antoine Walker style.

Are you Doc Rivers? Rivers loved to progam his players for failure by playing them out of position. Green is not a 4, Humphries is not a 5, and Bradley is not really a 2.

Here's a link to an article which explains why Green should never play the 4....

http://www.celticsblog.com/2011/12/4/2611593/jeff-green-is-a-combo-forward-but-mostly-a-small-forward

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Lot's of 4s and no 5s.

Is Faverani a starting NBA center?  He looks VERY strong with good footwork like Marc Gasol; but if he were that good, why wasn't he already in the NBA?

I'm interested to see Brooks get some minutes.

I have no expectations except for Rondo with leadership and maturity and attitude.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I see Green as a swingman more than a combo forward.  He clearly has the speed and quickness and agility and atheleticism to guard 2s and 3s and he would DOMINATE any undersized opponent.  Paul Pierce leaving is going to be a great thing for Jeff Green's career.  I take back what I said earlier about expectations.  I fully expect Jeff Green to be an All Star for being outstanding multiple phases.  He is gonna make Paul Pierce and Carmelo Anthony have some bad nights.  With Gerald Wallace behind him off the bench, we should have some games where we lock out opposing small forwards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

humphries will start at center...

sully PF

green SF

rondo PG

and i'm hoping brooks at SG.

[/QUOTE]

I think KO would have trouble guarding many 5's but he would give several fits with his offensive game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I think Green needs to continue working on his post up game like Lebron did. OLAJUWON JEFF? Do it!!!

He can already take bigs off the dribble. Its his post ups that are unreliable. Therefore he is better as a speed mismatch until he becomes as good of a size mismatch.

I would be satisfied if he hired James Worthy to teach him some schit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

PG - Rondo  (Pressey)

SG - Bradley  (Lee / Crawford / Brooks)   

SF - Green  (Wallace / Bogans)

PF - Sully  (Humphries / Oly)

C -  Fav  (Oly / Humphries)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

start bass and wallace, if they perform well danny will be active at trade deadline

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The C's are going to try and trade as many of the excess PF's and SG's as he can before the season starts. So what you see now on the roster is likely to be vastly different than what you actually get once the season begins.

RR

AB

Wallace

Favorini

Sully/ KO depending who wins the battle during camp.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

1st     (2nd)
    Pressy (Bradley)

Lee (Brooks)

Fav (Olynyk)

Bass (Humpries)

Green (Wallace)

Rondo doesn't come back until Februaury...give his knee a full year to recover....

This gets us into the lottery...nuff said..anything else is twaddle talk...and in your heart you know I'm right!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think you start hump day because he will whine more than bass if you don't.

pressy at starting pg?  Not even drafted?  

I think youll see Crawford and avery together, and then lee with Brooks.  Maybe Avery and jordan start.

At the end you switch it up and go off/def substitution.  Crawford and brooks is pretty good punch.  Avery on ball and lee chasing the cutter is a good stopper.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

wow a lot of people here seem to think Fav will be our starting center next year!!

that AMAZES me.

you guys must trust that Ainge saw something in this guy that most of the other NBA GM's didn't see.....and didn't see for SIX YEARS!

that said I hope you guys are correct and that he is at least an adequate NBA Center.......I see nothing more than another S. Randolph myself.

Sections
Shortcuts