Celtics Suns Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Celtics Suns Game

Sorry...maybe I said it wrong. Any win is good. Phoenix getting back in this game was awful to see. Coming back 15 or 16 down well ok. Them coming back from 30 down was not acceptable. Let's see what the players and coach say.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Must be nice to have a bench

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Anywho, Bulls lost.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

These Phoenuts announcers are sickening. Rondo wouldn't have taken that shot if your classless players hadn't acted like idiots and acted equally, if not more, classless. 

Shut up - you don't know what was said or done. 

And now they're saying that they'd like to see him, "get knocked hard under the basket and thrown down into the cameras...."

"the arrogance and cockiness of Rondo"

Seriously, do you guys realize that you're equally as nasty. Your players are jokes, and you announcers are equally as bad. Seriously, GTFO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Suns Game:
    [QUOTE]Must be nice to have a bench
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

i think our bench will be fine...damn fine actually...love the new look celts...nate and perk were killing me...nice to be able to watch the games...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Suns Game : i think our bench will be fine...damn fine actually...love the new look celts...nate and perk were killing me...nice to be able to watch the games...
    Posted by elvis-surfs[/QUOTE]
    I know they need some time to understand the system.  But I saw that second unit doing a lot of standing around tonite.  Kinda like watching guys in their 40's playin pickup ball.  Not impressive tonite.
    Getting Delonte back will help.  He doesn't like to stand around and watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]ummm...up by 30 with a few minutes left in 3rd Q and Pierce, Allen and Garnett still in the game!!  Common Doc are you an idiot.  Give them rest.  Take them out and give the second unit and bench some experience.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

Maybe he should have left them in a little longer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Baby had a terrible game tonight (although he did have five off. boards), and on top of that, he injures his leg.  I hope he's okay.  I have to say, though, that I am totally encouraged by Krstic's play tonight.  He continually rolled to the hoop, and either Rondo or KG hit him with a pass.  The obvious contrast to Perk is that he has soft hands and was able to cash in on most of those passes.  The C's were simply a better team whenever he was on the court tonight. 

I agree with c'sfan4life regarding Murphy.  He obviously wasn't ready.

Sure, it got sloppy but give the Suns a little credit for running off eighteen straight points.  Brooks went nuts on them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Stagnancy was the culprit as usual. Why is a question harder to answer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

That ball hog Avery Bradley messed up in the 3rd qtr! It was 91-63 when he entered the game to replace Rondo. When the 3rd qtr. was over the score was 91-72. Every time he thinks he's open he shoots! He's the 2nd coming of Marcus Banks, athletic as hell but dumb as an ox!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]That ball hog Avery Bradley messed up in the 3rd qtr! It was 91-63 when he entered the game to replace Rondo. When the 3rd qtr. was over the score was 91-72. Every time he thinks he's open he shoots! He's the 2nd coming of Marcus Banks, athletic as hell but dumb as an ox!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I thought he would do fine.  Get lots of minutes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Suns Game : I thought he would do fine.  Get lots of minutes.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

That Bradley kid is no PG! His brain is programmed to score and score only!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Suns Game : N Did you watch the game? If you did you know why. No need to say any more.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

I watched the game.  It was terrible that the bench gave up a huge lead.  But, we went up by a huge amount and won by 12.  How is that a horrible win?  The starters played a great game and the bench played a great 1st half.  Bench did terrible in the second half and the starters had to come back.

That's not a terrible win, my man.  That's basketball.  We won and were never in danger of losing.  A bad win is when you play terrible all game and only win due to a lucky shot or some other freak luckly thing.  This was a good win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]That ball hog Avery Bradley messed up in the 3rd qtr! It was 91-63 when he entered the game to replace Rondo. When the 3rd qtr. was over the score was 91-72. Every time he thinks he's open he shoots! He's the 2nd coming of Marcus Banks, athletic as hell but dumb as an ox!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

The positives.....at least the team built a great lead that allowed Doc to play the bench a lot of minutes and see how they played.   He knows what to work on in practice and got to see some strengths and weaknesses of new guys.   He has some teaching to do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Suns Game : That Bradley kid is no PG! His brain is programmed to score and score only!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Suns Game : The positives.....at least the team built a great lead that allowed Doc to play the bench a lot of minutes and see how they played.   He knows what to work on in practice and got to see some strengths and weaknesses of new guys.   He has some teaching to do.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Doc made the biggest mistake. Even though it worked in the first half.  He had a guy that hadn't played in a long time (Murph) on the court with a PG that is not a PG (Bradley), and at least one other new player (Green).  Left them in too long. I think the other two were Baby and Wafer.  Would have been nice to get a backup PG in there to settle things down or erupt kind of like Brooks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The second unit played like a bunch of guys who have hardly ever played with each other. Actually that was the case. Murphy's first game. Green's 3rd game. A D. league rookie playing the point. Doc got called on the calvary in time to save to day. No harm done. We did learn how rusty Murphy is. He needs playing time and I'm glad he got some with the big lead. Murphy needs some time to get back into game shape, but once he does he will be productive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

Same old Celtics cant hold on to a big lead! Isnt that the reason they lost game 7 last year!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i dont know why people are getting mad at the bench too much. they have 3 news guys that dont know the system. murphy looked decent in first half, then idk what happened in 2nd half.

i am glad this happened to the bench. they will learn from it. at least the team won. doc didn't look to happy that the startes had to go back in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I thought there was stagnancy at times with the starters. I wasn't entirely blaming the bench for that Suns come back. But, as noted, that is B.Ball and a win is a win. Take it and improve the next game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

By the end of the third quarter, the Celtics' starters had 80 points, the Phoenix starters had 40.  There couldn't have been much stagnancy from the Boston starters.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]By the end of the third quarter, the Celtics' starters had 80 points, the Phoenix starters had 40.  There couldn't have been much stagnancy from the Boston starters.
    Posted by jerrycole[/QUOTE]

It was a good win. Suns had no chance, the closest they got was within 9.
    Starters got rest, the bench got needed playing time and we wiped the floor with a team that had beaten us the previous three meetings. What more do you want?
    The only negative was BB's injury.

There too many "the glass is 1/10th empty" people on this board.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]By the end of the third quarter, the Celtics' starters had 80 points, the Phoenix starters had 40.  There couldn't have been much stagnancy from the Boston starters.
    Posted by jerrycole[/QUOTE]
    You make a good point jerrycole.  However, when they returned, the Celtics starters could not slow down the Suns backups either.  Our starters played a great game offensively but they could not slow the Suns backups.  Rondo had a good game offensively but when Aaron Brooks took up most of the minutes in the second half, Rondo was at his mercry.  Rondo could not stay in front of him.  And that was a main reason for their comeback.  We could not stop them.

Brooks was able to go anywhere he wanted and he easily set up the other players for easy shots (interior and 3-pointers).  That and the Celtics decision to significantly slow down the game.

We went from pushing the ball and making good passes to Rondo walking the ball up and dribbling/holding it until 8 seconds on the shot clock.  For the life of me, why do we (Doc, Rondo, etc.) allow that to occur?

Our bench was not as effective in the 2nd half but our starters were equally ineffective too (especially defensively).