Celtics Targeting Cousins, Gay, and Gortat

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Re: Celtics Targeting Cousins, Gay, and Gortat

Gay would be nice but he's 6-8 and known more for his scoring then rebounding. How would he help the Celtics at center and rebounding?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 003323344's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gay would be nice but he's 6-8 and known more for his scoring then rebounding. How would he help the Celtics at center and rebounding?

[/QUOTE]

He's averaging 5.8 rpg this season. Starting him with Pierce, something the Celts haven't been able to do with Jeff Green, makes the Celts bigger on the perimeter. Doesn't really solve the rebounding problem, but definitely the Celts will get more rebounds with Gay and Pierce than Pierce and Bradley/Terry.

[/QUOTE]

So we don't get a big man with this trade?  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I said it in another thread,  heck see if we can get Dirk.  Would cost a lot, but he has a few years left.  

OK i was dreaming.  We don't need another older player.

I will say this though,  I don't want to lose Sully.  We will regret this for year to come.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Gay? that would be a bad move he's a great player but he would run into the same scenario as JG did,he ain't getting 35 + here and we'd have to give up way too much. Gortat he  would help but at what cost? Cousins makes sense because he is young,talented,probably available and he still has this and next year at his rookie contract, so matching salaries and bodies wouldn't be that tough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I said it in another thread,  heck see if we can get Dirk.  Would cost a lot, but he has a few years left.  

OK i was dreaming.  We don't need another older player.

I will say this though,  I don't want to lose Sully.  We will regret this for year to come.

[/QUOTE]

Only way we lose Sully is if Cousins is what we get in return.

[/QUOTE]

I have my reservations even it it includes Cous.  If we are having to give a boatload along with Sully  I would have to really think twice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So we don't get a big man with this trade?  

[/QUOTE]

Apparently not.

But the Celts become a bigger team overall and scoring will not be an issue anymore.

It will have to be a 3-team trade as the Griz will not want all of the contracts that we give in return.

Key players the Griz would want would be Terry and Green. 

And the Celts would have to give up some draft picks.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce we have to focus on the one need we have which a big man. KG will not last the season if we don't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I don't see the grizz wanting any part of Green now that Hollinger is in their front office. Hollinger intensely disliked the Green signing.

*EDIT* just re read your post saw you were looking at a three team deal. That's what it would have to be. Missed that the first time around. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gay? that would be a bad move he's a great player but he would run into the same scenario as JG did,he ain't getting 35 + here and we'd have to give up way too much. Gortat he  would help but at what cost? Cousins makes sense because he is young,talented,probably available and he still has this and next year at his rookie contract, so matching salaries and bodies wouldn't be that tough.

[/QUOTE]
    If the c's bring in Gay,  he will get as many minutes as he wants. If he doesn't, doc and Danny are crazy. He is much better than Jeff green on his worst day.  Additionally,  he is pretty much a Max salary guy.  U don't bring a guy that makes that much money in as a part time player

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I can't see Memphis making any major trades moving Gay,maybe Arthur or Speights, in a multi team deal and I don't even see that happening. The Griz are a real contender,have chemistry and have depth they have no glaring weaknesses so I doubt the risk all that on a trade of even a regular role player.

The Dirkster would be awesome but at 20+ mil a year youeither trade 2/3 of the team or PP or KG.

At 7.5 and a team going nowhere  we could get Gortat and Dudley for lets say Green and Terry or Bass and Terry and Collins or Barbosa which would work for both teams but couldn't happen until Jan 15  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

interesting..looks like the C's are def going to make something big happen. i just hope Sully and AB arent involved.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

interesting..looks like the C's are def going to make something big happen. i just hope Sully and AB arent involved.

[/QUOTE]

if the cells pul off a big trade AND can hang to bradley and sully we should all tip our caps to danny!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if the cells pul off a big trade AND can hang to bradley and sully we should all tip our caps to danny!

[/QUOTE]

other big pieces are Melo, Bass, Terry, Lee. i really hope we can use a combo of those guys.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

other big pieces are Melo, Bass, Terry, Lee. i really hope we can use a combo of those guys.

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Depends on the trade... To get someone of value,  you have to give someone of value

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-celtics-making-a-blockbuster-trade/

If the Celtics can’t land Cousins, Rudy Gay is another star player that Boston has been linked to recently. Gay is another player who could help improve the Celtics today while also fitting into their long-term plans. Gay’s commitment to the Memphis Grizzlies has been questioned for awhile. When Gay signed his five-year extension with the Grizzlies, it was because he couldn’t pass up the $80 million, not because he’s committed to Memphis long-term. According to several reports, Gay is being made available in trade talks and he could be another player that Boston targets.

Sources made it clear that Cousins to Boston is more likely than Gay, but wouldn’t rule out the latter as a possibility, especially if the Celtics and Kings can’t work out a deal for Cousins. Marcin Gortat of the Phoenix Suns has also been mentioned as a possible target if a Cousins deal falls through.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-celtics-making-a-blockbuster-trade/#PlGFGcYofegKrEux.99 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post Fierce! Things are getting real exciting in C-town!! 

Gortat might be the best move! A solid player that won't cost the C's AB and / or JS! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

As fun as all this is in reality we won't make a deal until at least Jan 15 if Barbosa is used the 18th due to NBA regulations.  Green,Bass,Terry and Lee can't be traded until the 15th. I don't think DA will trade AB or Sulli unless it was an unbelievable lopsided deal for the Cs like one of them involved in a Love,Cousins + thomas and Thornton or Dirk and 3 picks or some pipe dream kind of scenario.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Yeah Gay would probably be what Jeff Green was supposed to be when DA traded our interior toughness in hopes of landing a successor to PP. I would also like to see Gay & PP play together which is a nice dynamic that I hoped would happen if the C's were ever to land Butler in past years.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Fierce you think DA & Doc have Josh Smith on their radar? Everytime I see him hug his fellow Oak Hill bud Rondo after a game, I kind of think/hope that they've made some sort of pact to play together again soon.

25. This post has been removed.