Celtics tradition and history

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Celtics tradition and history

I don't quite understand the avoidance/disdain that some players and fans have for the Celtics. Yes we all know the history of race issues in the city. However that shouldn't be held against the the Celtics franchise. They were the first team to have a black player and black coach. They have a ton of HOFs and every player that comes to Boston doesn't leave bad mouthing the Celtics...unless they played Pitino. LOL!

Why can't they attract FA's? Shaq and Sheed criticized every franchise they played for after they left EXCEPT the Celtics. Shaq enjoyed his time with the C's and Sheed may still live there. The Celtics had bad character guys come through there from DJ to Ray Williams to X Man to Marbury to Sheed to Jordan Crawford but they all fall in line and play good team ball.

Why does everyone want to run to the Lakers? Ok the weather....and......

The Celtics have dogged the Lakers over the history of basketball. Celtics always show pride and team basketball.

What is the problem? Stern has tried to diminish the Lakers and Celtics from complete domination...i.e. nixing the Paul trade...never giving Boston an All Star game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Re: Celtics tradition and history

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I don't quite understand the avoidance/disdain that some players and fans have for the Celtics. Yes we all know the history of race issues in the city. However that shouldn't be held against the the Celtics franchise. They were the first team to have a black player and black coach. They have a ton of HOFs and every player that comes to Boston doesn't leave bad mouthing the Celtics...unless they played Pitino. LOL!

Why can't they attract FA's? Shaq and Sheed criticized every franchise they played for after they left EXCEPT the Celtics. Shaq enjoyed his time with the C's and Sheed may still live there. The Celtics had bad character guys come through there from DJ to Ray Williams to X Man to Marbury to Sheed to Jordan Crawford but they all fall in line and play good team ball.

The Celtics have dogged the Lakers over the history of basketball. Celtics always show pride and team basketball.

What is the problem? Stern has tried to diminish the Lakers and Celtics from complete domination...i.e. nixing the Paul trade...never giving Boston an All Star game.

Well  the old Boston Garden was host to four All - Star games back in the 50 and 60's

It seems they are giving the game to teams in warm weather now

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Celtics tradition and history

In response to dirty52's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Well  the old Boston Garden was host to four All - Star games back in the 50 and 60's

It seems they are giving the game to teams in warm weather now

I think that you are right.  Although, I thought that one of the New York teams will be hosting the all-star game in the next few years.  At least I thought that I heard or read this somewhere.  I may be mistaken about this.  It does seem like they always have the all-star game in a warm weather city.  Similar to the mistake that they made by New York hosting the superbowl next year.  What happens if their is a major blizzard and the city is shutdown for a few days?  The same scenario could influence an all-star game in February if you have a major blizzard. 

Sections
Shortcuts