Celtics vs Bobcats 3/25/2011 Game Tread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Celtics vs Bobcats 3/25/2011 Game Tread

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Bobcats 3/25/2011 Game Tread:
    "Wake me up when the playoffs start"  is the motto of this team.
    Posted by breaktime

The heck with the team, that's MY motto!!!   I Love the Celts but man, I can't watch any more until they get focused.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

I've officially given up on this season.  Now before anyone jumps down my throat and calls me a bandwagon fan, please know I am not.  I have been following and - mostly - getting my heart broken by this team for 27 years.  I can tell when we have it and when we don't.  And for the 1st time all season I'm feeling that we don't have it.  Teams that have it don't blow leads against $hitty teams with their starters playing the last 5 minutes.  I've been positive - even debated with some of you here - up until now.  And now I'm about to cry.  We do not have it this year.  Something is severely wrong with this team.  And at this point I do not care.  They are the ones who need to figure it out as they are far more qualified to do that than I.  I'm writing this not to hate on my team but to just express my feelings because I feel like I'm going to explode if I don't.  Maybe down the road if they build around Rondo and Green, and if some or all of the Big 3 stick around to mentor the younger guys.... Maybe I'm also writing this so someone can tell me how wrong I am, how we really do have it and I'm just not seeing it.  Please don't hold back if you have those things to say. Hopefully I eat these words come June.  I would like nothing better...
    Posted by MsLithium21

I wish i can tell you that i see something but sadly i cant at least while the regular season is still going on...We are just not playing with that celtic heart that we have come used to with this team...is it the trade? i dont know...when you say i have given up on this season i sure hope you dont mean POSTseason...i dont care about records or seeds anymore i just want the playoffs to start becuase i know the celtics will handle business homecourt advantage or not...call me crazy but i still believe we have what it takes...we wont play like this when we can get elimanated! celtics will play with heart! this team is just dying for the playoffs to start!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Bobcats 3/25/2011 Game Tread : Does it matter? They are going nowhere anyway. My guess is that Miami will catch them and you know what? I don't even care much any more. This team is a group of losers with no heart who don't show up for half the games. I have lost respect for the Celtics. All talk.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

Pumpsie, last year we were all ragging on the Celtics the entire 2nd half of the season.
    I'm down on them right now, I think Danny's trades are still questionable, I think the C's are playing like scheisse, and whether Shaq can come back and play in more than a few playoffs games without reinjuring himself is 50/50, but I remember last year.
    Don't jump off the bandwagon just yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Bobcats 3/25/2011 Game Tread : Horrific ball, bad coaching, and bad GM moves.
    Posted by CelticFanLA

Hmmmm, it is definitely horrific ball.  But, I don't see the bad coaching and bad GM moves.  This is on the players all the way.  Only thing i think the coach can do is play Green more.   He can't set the picks or stop the refs from the bad calls, or dunk over someone like KG didn't do, nor hit the open shots that the C's had.  The coach gets you open shots with plays (which they had).  the PLAYERS have to hit them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Im not worried yet. I hate that we lost but we may loose a few more beofre this gets better
    Posted by genaro008

The icing on the cake tonight will be if Memphis beats Chicago.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

We are going to be playing game 7 in L.A. again. Way to protect home court guys. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Celts will open up a big lead and coast to an easy win....
    Posted by Karllost

LOL!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Bobcats 3/25/2011 Game Tread : Pumpsie, last year we were all ragging on the Celtics the entire 2nd half of the season. I'm down on them right now, I think Danny's trades are still questionable, I think the C's are playing like scheisse, and whether Shaq can come back and play in more than a few playoffs games without reinjuring himself is 50/50, but I remember last year. Don't jump off the bandwagon just yet.
    Posted by breaktime

That's right.  Can we take 3 days off and start the playoffs? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Why does everyone keep worrying about LA?  Rate were going we will be lucky to get out of the first round.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

That intense practice yesterday did wonders.. playoff intensity, huh

Well, cant let this s*** get to you... just forget HCA and settle for 2nd or 3rd seed in the east..and hope another miracle occurrs and we turn it on in the playoffs like last year... but dont count on it, doesnt happen so easily

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

The C's offense begins and ends with Rondo. Doc has no choice but to make a change. This team is way too talented to be struggling the way it is. What happened to Wafer? He was doing well when I last saw him. Arroyo was playing well also. Green should be getting more minutes. With the weakness Boston has at the 5 why not go small? Perhaps play Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Green, and KG with a bench of Arroyo, West, Wafer, BB, and Krstic? j/k

In all truth, all this team needs are a pair of cojones. They have no heart. The Bulls have got to be smelling blood right now...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

That intense practice yesterday did wonders.. playoff intensity, huh Well, cant let this s*** get to you... just forget HCA and settle for 2nd or 3rd seed in the east..and hope another miracle occurrs and we turn it on in the playoffs like last year... but dont count on it, doesnt happen so easily
    Posted by Karllost

Exactly!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Bobcats 3/25/2011 Game Tread : The icing on the cake tonight will be if Memphis beats Chicago.
    Posted by CelticFanLA

Bulls beat Memphis.  Some icing.  I think the expiration date on this cake has expired.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We are toast. Can't beat Memphis & Charlotte at Home and we think that the difference in our prospective # 18 title is finishing # 1 so we can have game 7 at home vs. the Lakers. Firstly, let me say I hate the Lakers(live in SF bay area & all our teams hate LA teams sort of like Boston & NY). We are basically a outside the paint shooting team. When we do 50%+ we can win. The Lakers, on the other hand, can have a bad shooting night but with Gasol, Bynum & Odom dominating the paint, they get another & another etc. chance getting rebounds. Those 3 can pass it out or muscle a dunk in. Whom do we have.  Perk could but his cement hands didn't allow him to keep the ball. BB is too short & Garnett prefers short jumpers. Other big problem we have is that opponents have 5 to guard 4 as Rondo's inability to shoot a decent % allow them to not guard him closely.

Alas, and I'm ashamed to say it as I'm still angry about game 7 last year about  disparity in foul shots but there was a disparity too in rebounds(yup, I know we were missing Perk) and can't complain about that. The Lakers are 12-13 & 1 and Bulls are 12 or 13 and 2 since the allstar game. Unfortunately, I think the Lakers are the team to beat again. Kobe, as much as I dislike him, is definitely better than our Paul Pierce and the very best since Michael Jordan. 

Hope Shaq & JON O'Neals return and provide some good "D" & rebounds !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Bobcats 3/25/2011 Game Tread : Pumpsie, last year we were all ragging on the Celtics the entire 2nd half of the season. I'm down on them right now, I think Danny's trades are still questionable, I think the C's are playing like scheisse, and whether Shaq can come back and play in more than a few playoffs games without reinjuring himself is 50/50, but I remember last year. Don't jump off the bandwagon just yet.
    Posted by breaktime

The Celtics will always be my team, but lets get real here. This version of the team is going NOWHERE this year...or next. They are too old, too slow, too soft..and the offense is run by a PG who cannot shoot the ball. Serious issues. Shaq is not going to come in riding his white horse and save this team; there is NOTHING that can save this team. It was a huge mistake to trade Perkins, the only interior defender we had-at least if the trade was made to improve the team this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

pumpsie, i thought your job was to bring everybody down over at sam's . that gig play out?
    Posted by BaileyPowe

Hey Bailey....are you on that board? If so, whats your name over there.
    I left that board because they don't want to hear the truth about this team. You post something negative and they jump down your throat or the mods erase your post. Really. I was told that if I persisted in posting my opinion that this team has some serious flaws those posts would be censored. So I just split.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Bobcats 3/25/2011 Game Tread : The Celtics will always be my team, but lets get real here. This version of the team is going NOWHERE this year...or next. They are too old, too slow, too soft..and the offense is run by a PG who cannot shoot the ball. Serious issues. Shaq is not going to come in riding his white horse and save this team; there is NOTHING that can save this team. It was a huge mistake to trade Perkins, the only interior defender we had-at least if the trade was made to improve the team this year.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

If that is the case, kiss the next few years goodbye because it gets tougher next year.  If we don't take it this year, it's time to start over.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Bobcats 3/25/2011 Game Tread : Im with you on this. Unless some drastic changes are made, I can not see this team winning it this year. I am not giving up hope, but from what I have seen, its does not look good at all. Doc has made some bad caoching decisions these last games relying too heavily on the Big three, and it cost them. Why of why did he take JG out in the late 4th?
    Posted by CelticFanLA

Completely agree.  Even Doc himself admits he doesn't know exactly how to use Green.  But for God's sake he needs to figure it out soon.  He's healthy and can play a lot of productive minutes.  Find a place for him and then tweak it if you have to, Doc.  It's a start and better than the current set-up...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PogiAko. Show PogiAko's posts

I don't see the urgency anymore, losing to below .500 teams in weeks tsk tsk tsk

I guess we're looking for the No. 3 seed. This team is a crap

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Bobcats 3/25/2011 Game Tread : I wish i can tell you that i see something but sadly i cant at least while the regular season is still going on...We are just not playing with that celtic heart that we have come used to with this team...is it the trade? i dont know...when you say i have given up on this season i sure hope you dont mean POSTseason...i dont care about records or seeds anymore i just want the playoffs to start becuase i know the celtics will handle business homecourt advantage or not...call me crazy but i still believe we have what it takes...we wont play like this when we can get elimanated! celtics will play with heart! this team is just dying for the playoffs to start!
    Posted by allen2034

And they can't start soon enough!!!  Enough of these painful losses - one after another - while the Bulls and Heat win convincingly night after night! 

I haven't given up on the post-season, but every one of those sickening losses makes me less and less optimistic.  I do remember how much worse it was last year - and I'm sure you were all saying the same things here we're saying now - but arguably what did us in, in the end, was not being able to play that 7th game at home with the psychological edge of our crowd.  Then again, our fans didn't really factor into today's outcome...

You're not crazy to say we have what it takes once the playoffs come.  I agree with you 1000%.  I was just counting on having an easier path this time - not so many road games, not so many games against tough teams.  It reminds me of the saying, "Lightning never strikes twice."  But we're giving ourselves no other choice than to figuratively rely on lightning striking twice.  That's what makes me nervous.  But then again, true champions find a way to win it all even when they have to go through the playoffs under such conditions.  I remember the '04 Red Sox - won the World Series without having home field advantage till the very end and almost got swept along the way.  Hopefully these Celtics prove themselves to be the same grade of champions.

Thank you for helping me remember my faith!  I know these guys can do almost anything, and they're so obviously taking that for granted now.  Hopefully we get the REAL Celtics back come playoff time. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beemrdon52. Show beemrdon52's posts

Still love the trade boys???
    Murphy makes Scal look like Larry Bird.
    BTW, Don't expect the O'neals to come waking through that door!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Folks, you are seeing the REAL Celtics. There isn't going to be a miracle run like last year. Why? We cannot play the lockdown defense we played in years past, we are soft, we are a year older, and Rondo is not a very good PG. Thats it in a nutshell. No one should expect much from this team; what you are seeing now is what you will get. Sorry to let the truth out of the bag. I know, its disappointing, but no one here in their right mind can deny what they are witnessing with their own eyes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

My last thought on tonites game

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Very appropriate image, breaktime.

Sections
Shortcuts