Celtics vs Bobcats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtics vs Bobcats

Quis, Semih nor Shaq is the difference in this game.  We look horrible.  We look slow, lethargic and just not that into the game.

And please don't resort to the back-to-back excuse.  We aspire to be a championship team and, to be that, we have to take care of business in games like this.  Stephen Jackson has been ejected so Charlotte is short too.

We are playing with no intensity.  Baby and KG need to step it up offensively.  We have resorted to nothing but jump shooting (Rondo, Pierce, Ray, Baby, KG).  All we're doing is shooting jump shots.

And Charlotte is not seizing the opportunity.  Let's get it in gear and close these guys out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Celtics vs Bobcats

This is atough game Petey with a short roster. Doc is juggling mins big time. I will glad to get out of here with a win. Thank goodness is a poor team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Doc needs to manage timeouts now because we look gassed. Missing shots means legs are going.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Short roster, tired old legs, second night of the back to back on travel...results in these games.   We just look bad all around (except Ray).  Gotta win tough (grit it out) games like this, however.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I guess I'm just of the mindset that this is a poor team first, without their best player, Jackson so we should win with whoever we have.

We have our starting five in tact with Baby, Nate and Wafer.  Honestly, that should be enough.  Considering we played last night, I can't understand why we're shooting so many jump shots.  They have no interior defense yet we fail to take the ball inside.  When we did, we were successful.

I just think regardless of Charlotte and who we have or don't have, we should beat this team.  And without this degree of difficulty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Petey, I understand your frustration.  However, I think you underestimate the fact this really is the NBA.  They have a lot of young athletic people and weak teams get pumped to play the Celtics, Lakers, Heat, etc.   So, when your team is just a little tired or down and they others are young and pumped, it really does make a difference.  Not an excuse, just the truth.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Sorry, when I said "this is the NBA", I was trying to say that the talent level is all high and these are all good players.  On any given night.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Get used to losing to garbage teams, especially in back-2-backs. Celtics should patent it.

Bad effort, Rondo worthless in crunch time again. Wish he'd stop fallin to pieces on fouls like a train ran him over. Pretty soon the refs gonna stop giving him those calls cause they gonna figure out what an actor he is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

C4Life, we all know that but that's a cop out. Petey is saying the C's had their starting 5.

Go try and think of another excuse

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LOL! No Jackson and we still lost.

Guys if this isn't enough evidence that we have to make a move then I just give up.

Nate is just shooting brick after brick. BBD's scoring has dropped off.

Well the next two games are big so I expect them to be ready.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bias, you can go straight to......

Frustrating loss.  The Celts are 5 and 7 on back to backs.  No energy and you saw it.  Its not an excuse, its the reason.  We know its an old team.  The other young teams bring energy on nights like this and we don't.  We walk it up, we drag our feet, we don't/can't jump.  You can deny it all you want, but 7 of our losses were on the 2nd night of a back to back.  There's NO PERSON in the NBA that doesn't know the Celts starting 5 can't bring it every night on nights like this during the dog days of the season.  

They'll be fine.  Watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Bobcats:
    Bias, you can go straight to...... Frustrating loss.  The Celts are 5 and 7 on back to backs.  No energy and you saw it.  Its not an excuse, its the reason.  We know its an old team.  The other young teams bring energy on nights like this and we don't.  We walk it up, we drag our feet, we don't/can't jump.  You can deny it all you want, but 7 of our losses were on the 2nd night of a back to back.  There's NO PERSON in the NBA that doesn't know the Celts starting 5 can't bring it every night on nights like this during the dog days of the season.   They'll be fine.  Watch.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Excellent.

Time Will Only Tell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan4life, come on, with all due respect, I'm not underestimating any fact.  I am very aware that this is the NBA.

There is a lot of young athletic talent on weak teams.  I know that.  It's not even about Charlotte.  Honestly, I'll take the Celtics mix of old and young, wise, battle-tested talent any day.  What these young guns don't have is that mental toughness to fight through adversity and grind out wins like this.

Yeah, we're short but honestly Wafer is not that much of a drop off from Quis and we don't know if Semih is coming or going each night anyway (play or no play) and Shaq has not been much help as of late either.  So we may be short but we also have enough to have secured a win tonight.

Other than Ray and Paul, we got no offense from anyone.  And their bench dominated us.  With tired legs, I expected us to go inside and challenge Mohammed and Brown.  We stayed outside and shot jumper after jumper.

I do know that in this, the NBA, you cannot continue to play down to the level of your competition because it's going to come back to bite you.  It's beginning to bite us and soon when we're looking up at Miami in the East, maybe then we'll turn things around against the weaker teams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

We've  now  lost  to  Cleveland, Washington, Toronto, Detroit  and  Charlotte.  NO  EXCUSES.  Why  KG  doesn't  get  more  shots  down  low  is  beyong  me.  KG  getting  9  points  against  Charlotte  is  really  frustrating.  It's  obvious  Boston  is  going  to  have  to  win  on  the  road  in  Miami  and  probably  LA  in  the  playoffs.  The  good  news  is  that  if  everyone  is  healthy  in  April, they  can  still  win.  They  definitely  need  to  improve  on  rebounding  and  on  shot  selection  to  close  out  games. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Sorry but those are excuses. Look this is why I've been saying all season that our bench isn't as great as some think. This is why I've said all season that we need to make a move...even more so now.

Back to backs are part of the game. This is an older team and they can't allow the starters to keep playing these major minutes until April..

So whenever you'll are ready to suggest some moves I'm all ears. Just HOPE AND PRAY no one else goes down

Too funny listening to the excuses. LOL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We're talkin about the old guys having no energy in the tail of the back-2-back games...yet, Ray looked pretty good tonight...PP not bad either. KG had a bad game, thats only 1 of 3.

What about the young guys? Rondo & BBD? Right, not so hot.

I know what ur saying, but something it seems its just not the old guys  that have less energy.

btw, Rondo stunk it up big in crunch time tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ray is in in some great shape, isn't he?

Paul was 6 for 14 and 1 for 5 from the 3 point land.  KG was 4 for 11.  That's looking good?  They looked awful.  It was EVERYONE but Ray.  They ALL looked terrible.

So, Petey, what are we disagreeing on?  They look terrible.  What do you think it is if its not a team that can't bring the energy on the second night of back to backs?  Why does it happen on these kinds of nights?  What's your reasoning?  I'm open to an explanation because we all see the event, we all know the losses hurt - so what's the solution, my friend?   What will make us more focused and energetic and better on these back to backs?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I have to agree with Bias...

Its clear this team will never be all healthy again... 3 centers out tonight, our backup PG and 3, all out. So how can our bench be consistently good when we need to borrow 2-3 of them to start? 

JON is never coming back, hes washed up. Semi is the most mysterious to me. He plays a game here and there, then misses 2-3. Shaq is out til after the all star game. Quis who knows if hes even back this season able to contribute and DWest, if he returns whats he gonna be like?

Nate has been a big zero most of the season. I hate saying that cause I really wanted him here but hes been krap all season.

DA may need to try something cause our team will never all get healthy and more likely we're gonna see more and more injuries.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Karllost, you posted it before I was able.  Our old guys played the best tonight.

Our older players, Ray, KG and Pierce, are supposed to be really affected by the  back-to-backs.  Ray and Pierce carried us offensively.  I agree that 9 points by KG is unacceptable, especially in only 31 minutes with ONE FOUL.

None of the back-to-back excuses/reasoning fits here.  It just isn't valid when you look at this in perspective.  We got nothing offensively from our bigs and after a season-high scoring night by Rondo, getting only 10 points against Charlotte is unacceptable too.

Back-to- backs are a part of the NBA.  Everyone has to play them and we just cannot use that as an excuse.  It's not like we're playing Miami or Orlando or LA in the second of a back-to-back.  We're playing games we should win.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Bobcats:
    We've  now  lost  to  Cleveland, Washington, Toronto, Detroit  and  Charlotte.  NO  EXCUSES.  Why  KG  doesn't  get  more  shots  down  low  is  beyong  me.  KG  getting  9  points  against  Charlotte  is  really  frustrating.  It's  obvious  Boston  is  going  to  have  to  win  on  the  road  in  Miami  and  probably  LA  in  the  playoffs.  The  good  news  is  that  if  everyone  is  healthy  in  April, they  can  still  win.  They  definitely  need  to  improve  on  rebounding  and  on  shot  selection  to  close  out  games. 
    Posted by zeitgeist49

That's because KG is "fading away" from the basket when he gets it in the low post. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, put that one on Doc.  Livingston kept killing Nate so why now just put someone larger on him?  If Nate's not hitting, he adds no value so you're right - Wafer should have been in there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Petey, I saw a different game than you did.  Paul got bailed on on foul calls but his shot was off and he kept making terrible passes and moves.  Rondo held onto the ball way too long and passed up good passes to open players.  KG was a beast on the Boards but he had no legs for going over anyone when he was down low.  So, I think the starters looked bad.  

Just my view.  The TEAM collectively did not move well.  They were dragging and it wasn't just the bench.  The starters were the same and KG only played 31 mins!!

I don't have the solution.  I can see the problem, but I see it only in some games and the only common thread to these games is that they are weaker teams who are athletic players while we are on the second night of a back to back.  I still have to ask - what do you think causes this if its not the lack of energy of the entire team on back to backs?  I'm open to an analysis that explains it because I can't.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan4life, I definitely respect your view and maybe we are seeing it from different views.

Paul's shot was not at it's level best so he attacked the rim and forced the fouls.  With his shot not falling, he did what he had to -- and that's attack the rim.  Ray's game was, as always, like butter.

KG did a good job on the boards but he was not aggressive at all offensively.  Now HE took too many jump shots and did not go down low enough.  And again, he played only 31 minutes so I can't see how he was tired.

And the younger players did not give us much else so I don't necessarily resort to blaming this loss on it being the second of a back-to-back.

The solution - in my opinion, we have to step up and play smarter.  We have a decided advantage in the post and yet we don't force the issue there.  We got nothing offensively from our bigs and this against Mohammad and Kwame Brown.  That's not about being tired.  That's about not playing smart.  I don't know how many jump shots we took in the 4th quarter.  It was amazing.  I think it was the 3rd quarter but I thought Tommy indicated they had ONE team foul that quarter with about 2 minutes remaining.

Honestly, I also think we need to re-evaluate the players on the team.  I don't really know what Luke provides us.  It would not be hard replacing a player like him.  The way Nate has played this season, I wonder if he will turn it around whether or not Delonte returns and allows Nate to run the SG.  When Nate spots up with Rondo on the court, he'll miss two and then hit one and then miss 3 with a turnover in there.  With roughly a full season almost under his belt, maybe our system isn't the best fit with Nate's talents.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I can understand the frustration with some of these games. It may be like this the rest of the season, who knows. One thing I do know, The C's have one of the best records in the league right now. That cannot be discounted.

Sections
Shortcuts