Celtics vs. Bucks 12/01/12

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Celtics vs. Bucks 12/01/12

Surprised the title of  this thread isn't  "2nd Game without Rondo", instead of "Celtics vs. Bucks 12/01/12".

Anybody think one reason we're playing better is because with Rondo out, JG and Lee feel more of a need  to step up?  I remember a lot  of no shows by them until the last 2 games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to darkman20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wow terry

[/QUOTE]

Terry has 12 shot attempts already and Ive been saying that he needs more attempts...somehow with Rondo he doesnt get the number of shots he should be getting

[/QUOTE]

"Somehow" is a nice way of saying Rondo is a ball hog. lol

[/QUOTE]

Look, Rondo is really good but he frequently holds the ball too much and the offense has to rush to get shots off .... I just dont think one person should control the ball as much as he does esp when you have other capable players

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Monta Ellis is only shooting 6 of 16.  Sometimes it seems like he never misses.

We're lucky to still be in this one with all the turnovers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

that's what Pierce still does very well!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

So its come to this. Anyone who criticizes Rondo is a "blind hater". Wow. I hereby nominate any and all Rondo apologists for first team all defensive team. This should be enacted retroactively as well as until he retires. If he is so elite why does this topic keep on surfacing? You think that these discussions surface as frequent w/ other "elite" point guards such as CP or Deron Williams? I highly doubt it. Enjoy your first team status. You've earned it 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So its come to this. Anyone who criticizes Rondo is a "blind hater". Wow. I hereby nominate any and all Rondo apologists for first team all defensive team. This should be enacted retroactively as well as until he retires. If he is so elite why does this topic keep on surfacing? You think that these discussions surface as frequent w/ other "elite" point guards such as CP or Deron Williams? I highly doubt it. Enjoy your first team status. You've earned it 

[/QUOTE]

Well they certainly have about CP in LA cause I hear it.... As to williams, im sure he gets his share this year since his shooting has been pretty bad....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL - Agreed.   We love Rondo, but we have to be honest about his weaknesses.   He holds the ball too long dribbling and directing traffic - thereby slowing the team down while he seeks his assist.  He also plays horrible D and passes up opportunities to drive as he looks for too many assists.   On the flip side, he's a great PG rebounder, quick hands, can play good D when he wants, and sees the floor very well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

really can't say that Pierce's having a bad game. Doing a lot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL - Agreed.   We love Rondo, but we have to be honest about his weaknesses.   He holds the ball too long dribbling and directing traffic - thereby slowing the team down while he seeks his assist.  He also plays horrible D and passes up opportunities to drive as he looks for too many assists.   On the flip side, he's a great PG rebounder, quick hands, can play good D when he wants, and sees the floor very well.

[/QUOTE]

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His best attribute is his court vision and passing imo...he also was a much better defender a few years back and not sure why he has regressed in that area...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

reverting to jumpers again...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The guy (JG) who is willing to go to the hole is on the bench! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Sanders and Henson are loooong...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Hope we can pull this game out.  I can easily deal with more "We're better without Rondo" threads as long  as we get a W.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The guy (JG) who is willing to go to the hole is on the bench! 

[/QUOTE]

Thats Doc for you... sometimes he is clueless....JG having his 2nd good game in a row and he has only 19 mins???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Thanks Doc! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Yessssss!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Who doubted Green?/ Not me....lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks Doc! 

[/QUOTE]

Doc must have heard me....lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Green needs more time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

that was a foul?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I am guessing this thread is on his iPad! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Excellent defensive play on those last few possessions.

That call on Garnett was total bullcrap.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Hoping Melo turns into a Sanders Clone..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

That non-foul was a big call.