Celtics vs. Bulls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Celtics vs. Bulls

DA - the Cs need one more 1st round pick! Make the trade!!! 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I'm calling out Coach Stevens.  I've basically given him a pass but not tonight.

I'd really like someone to ask him why Oly had the fewest minutes of any Celtic tonight?  There is NO WAY Oly should EVER play fewer minutes than Fav.  The only way he can contribute is with minutes.

Stevens has to show some consistency in his rotations.  It's hard to make sense of them.  His rotations/minutes distributions are all over the place.  He often doesn't stick with the hot hand and he seems to play everyone, even when there are obvious match up disadvantages.

Does he realize that there is not requirement to play every player?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

I'm beginning to think OKC fleeced us in the Perkins for Jeff Green trade.

Green is absolutely terrible.  He has not converted ONE perimeter shot.  8 points on 16 shots and virtually NOTHING else.

Package him now before he loses all value.

I agree, just don't get it how Green can't impose his will on a game.  It's baffling  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I'm calling out Coach Stevens.  I've basically given him a pass but not tonight.

I'd really like someone to ask him why Oly had the fewest minutes of any Celtic tonight?  There is NO WAY Oly should EVER play fewer minutes than Fav.  The only way he can contribute is with minutes.

Stevens has to show some consistency in his rotations.  It's hard to make sense of them.  His rotations/minutes distributions are all over the place.  He often doesn't stick with the hot hand and he seems to play everyone, even when there are obvious match up disadvantages.

You do realize that Coach Stevens has been called a genius and compared to Wooden and Red?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

OneOnOne, I've heard that too.  I'm not going to place him in that class yet.  He's obviously a smart guy but sometimes smart people tend to "outsmart" even themselves to the point where it becomes a detriment to success.

We're talkin' bout coachin' basketball.  Coachin' basketball.  We're talkin' bout coachin' basketball.  This isn't rocket science.  You really don't have to be a Rhodes Scholar to coach these guys.

I am not at practice but I do watch the games and sometimes, I just don't konw what he sees.  Sometimes I just don't understand what he's doing.

Wooden and Red?  That's laughable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

OneOnOne, I've heard that too.  I'm not going to place him in that class yet.  He's obviously a smart guy but sometimes smart people tend to "outsmart" even themselves to the point where it becomes a detriment to success.

We're talkin' bout coachin' basketball.  Coachin' basketball.  We're talkin' bout coachin' basketball.  This isn't rocket science.  You really don't have to be a Rhodes Scholar to coach these guys.

I am not at practice but I do watch the games and sometimes, I just don't konw what he sees.  Sometimes I just don't understand what he's doing.

Wooden and Red?  That's laughable.

I agree with you. I think a lot of guys try to be too smart. There are "good" coaches and a few that are bad.  Stevens is in the good category.  I think the jury is still out on him managing pro players. Yes he knows x's and o's but that is a small  part of coaching on the pro level in my opinion. Yes its laughable to mention him with Red and Wood after 30 games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

right, to mention Wooden and Red when the guys two months into his professional carreer is "laughable", as Petey says. Totally out of place.  A lot of accomplished basketball people however, are giving him high marks early and that does say something. But Wooden and Red, it's like when we fall in love with rookies who end up out of the league in two years.  We need to let this guys have a couple seasons to build something with DA.

I'm looking for a reason why Stevens didn't play Oly as well, and perhaps he is working him back from the ankle still and will play him a lot tomorrow night on the back to back.  it's a crowded 4 spot and I think Stevens is giving guys run because DA wants to shop them if he can.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

The Celtics are a team in desperate need of a point guard.

I wonder where we could find one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

I'm beginning to think OKC fleeced us in the Perkins for Jeff Green trade.

Green is absolutely terrible.  He has not converted ONE perimeter shot.  8 points on 16 shots and virtually NOTHING else.

Package him now before he loses all value.

I agree, just don't get it how Green can't impose his will on a game.  It's baffling  

I call Green, Mr. October.

Because he plays every game like it's preseason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

OneOnOne

Who exactly said that Brad Stevens is on the same level as John Wooden and Red Auerbach?

Actually you said Red and PJ if Stevens can get Rondo to play his best..  Someone else said Wooden.  I assume you meant if Rondo plays normal.

Re: Brad Stevens = Jimmy Johnson?

posted at 12/17/2013 12:10 AM EST

• Fierce34
    • First: 12/2/2009
    • Last: 1/2/2014

We all know Brad Stevens is a basketball genius.

The only question about Brad Stevens is can he handle players like Rajon Rondo?

If Stevens can bring out the best in Rondo then Stevens is right up there with Red Auerbach and Phil Jackson.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

You do realize that Coach Stevens has been called a genius and compared to Wooden and Red?

It is WAY too early to compare Stevens to Wooden and Red. He hasn't won anything.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Why is Sully playing if his hand is so bad?  He should be resting with Olynyk taking his place.  Olynyk only played 8 minutes vs. the Bulls.  Aren't we supposed to be developing players this year?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Why is Sully playing if his hand is so bad?  He should be resting with Olynyk taking his place.  Olynyk only played 8 minutes vs. the Bulls.  Aren't we supposed to be developing players this year?

I agree. Particularly since Sullinger has not been very effective with a bad hand.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Johnny Green, Sihugo Green, Gerald Green....anybody but Jeff Green!

Hater!   Jeff Green with Rondo and some all star free agent makes us a winner.

so let's give him a pass until that happens .....please. 

No pass, just stop expecting Green to be a star.  Not going to happen.   Its like expecting Bass to carry us, expecting Humphries to carry us, or expecting Sully to carry us.  Not going to happen.  Lower your expectations.   Realize we have a bunch of good role players and no stars to carry us and stop expecting Green to be the star.  He wasn't brought in to be that person and isn't that person so why are you evaluating him like he's an all star.  He's not and we all know it.   But, that doesn't mean he sucks......he just needs to play 3rd option to a couple of star players.

Bosh and Ginobli and others look horrible if they had to carry their teams.   But, getting nice open shots and making a great play here and having a game here or there where they score 29 points  makes them great.  nice to be the 3rd option. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Johnny Green, Sihugo Green, Gerald Green....anybody but Jeff Green!

Hater!   Jeff Green with Rondo and some all star free agent makes us a winner.

so let's give him a pass until that happens .....please. 

No pass, just stop expecting Green to be a star.  Not going to happen.   Its like expecting Bass to carry us, expecting Humphries to carry us, or expecting Sully to carry us.  Not going to happen.  Lower your expectations.   Realize we have a bunch of good role players and no stars to carry us and stop expecting Green to be the star.  He wasn't brought in to be that person and isn't that person so why are you evaluating him like he's an all star.  He's not and we all know it.   But, that doesn't mean he sucks......he just needs to play 3rd option to a couple of star players.

Bosh and Ginobli and others look horrible if they had to carry their teams.   But, getting nice open shots and making a great play here and having a game here or there where they score 29 points  makes them great.  nice to be the 3rd option. 

Green has been the same guy his entire career and people keep expecting him to change. He gets you 15 points a game and plays good D.

Thats all you get. There isn't anything more. and as you say...that isn't a bad thing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I cannot understand why Brooks isn't getting any minutes.  He's our best offensive threat at the guard spot.  It's funny because I remember when Ray Allen got here, he was labeled as playing no defense.

Instead of sending Brooks down, Fav should be down.  He doesn't seem to have a true concept of the NBA game.  He doesn't rotate, he's not a particularly smart basketball player.  He's just out there chuckin' up airball 3-pointers and ill-advised hook shots that hit nothing.

Fav needs to get that development time in the D-League.  I'd rather sit him and play Oly his minutes.

It's times like this where I miss Doc.  If Doc is coach, Fav is sitting at the end of the bench in sweats - not looking like a bumbling idiot out there on the court embarrassing himself.

Hey, Petey.  Long time no talk.  How you doing, man?   Hope you had a great holiday.

I stay off the Board most of the time now days because the team is in rebuilding mode so I watch them but don't talk much to my friends - because we stink.

1. We knew it was a rebuilding year.  We knew they'd stink.  I'm amazed at how many people now post their disappointment at a team we knew really wasn't going to compete well.  New coach from college, all role players, lots of draft choices.  together that equals poor performances which is what Danny is expecting.

2. Thibbs is now dealing with what Doc had to deal with - injuries and challenges.  He has never made it to the Eastern Conf finals I don't think and never made it to the finals for sure.   Guess that's what happens when you have injuries and trades.  I still think Doc dealt with it as well as one could.   Ask Thibbs now how tough it is!  This is meant for all the posters who thought Thibbs walked on water.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I stay off the Board most of the time now days because the team is in rebuilding mode so I watch them but don't talk much to my friends - because we stink.

1. We knew it was a rebuilding year.  We knew they'd stink.  I'm amazed at how many people now post their disappointment at a team we knew really wasn't going to compete well.  New coach from college, all role players, lots of draft choices.  together that equals poor performances which is what Danny is expecting.

Good post, this is the reason I stay away as well.  Posters here are harping on players who play 8 or 9 minutes as if they are making a point, if winning was the endgame Olynyk would have played more coming off his best game of the season, Fav wouldn't be getting jerked around, Pressey would be our starting point guard etc... the point is to get better, if that means tanking so be it.

Stop talking about this team game after game like they are competing to win a championship, rotations have been unpredictable, a player plays well and gets pulled the following game and in case you haven't noticed ALL THE PLAYERS AVAILABLE FOR TRADE ARE GETTING ALL THE MINUTES.  

What you think that's coincidence?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Not coincidently this is the same crew of posters who told us to trade Rondo amd make Crawford the starting point guard... brilliant.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts