Celtics vs Heat game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xamo18. Show xamo18's posts

Re: Celtics vs Heat game 1

Did you notice that they keep doubling pierce?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

boston=ugly!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

If the Heat shoot this well we'll never beat them.

They are winning largely in part of luck, and largely in part of emotional officiating. This game is being officiated based off of momentum and the home-crowd. Delonte and Paul have been mugged in the paint and there has been no call.

I refuse to believe that Miami is the better team, but unless we step up the intensity, and unless the officials get their heads out of their asse$, this one is over. 

The only silver lining is that the Heat can't shoot much better than this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Heat penetrating & kicking and nobody from the C's is rotating out to cover the 3 ptr

Offensively, its Ray & a little help from DWest...  nobody else is breathing.

Heat playing good defense too... trapping and we're unclear what to do about it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

While Boston has the talent to come back in this game, they don't have the swagger like they did when they beat the hell out of the Lakers in the '08 Finals. Doc seems unsure as to who to get into the game as he is not getting any production out of his bench ('cept West). Thank God for halftime! What the Celtics have to think about is how the game got so out of control: turnovers and missed shots despite having good looks, slow rotations on defense (repeatedly leaving one of the NBA's best 3 pt shooters wide open). What was working? dribble penetration and ball movement (before playing hero ball). Boston's D initially dominated in the paint which I attribute to JON. I think that doc panicked and felt that BB could be more productive. Big mistake.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xamo18. Show xamo18's posts

Why isn't jermain oneal in the game?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game 1:
    The Celtics will not lose this game
    Posted by shines01

I hope you are right.  But, a 15 point lead in Miami is not a cakewalk.  We may be making it too hard on ourselves.  I really thought we'd dig in and get the lead to single digits but we didn't.  I'm shocked!

Not sure Doc's adjustments can fix this.  Players have to execute better.  Someone other than Ray is going to have to get hot!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

The good news is, pierce has to be better the second half, then he was the first half, no one could be that bad for a whole game!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

The good news is, pierce has to be better the second half, then he was the first half, no one could be that bad for a whole game!!
    Posted by kyceltic

Pierce could!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Why isn't jermain oneal in the game?
    Posted by xamo18

Miami went small and the C's are down and were effective in the small lineup.  JON couldn't keep up with the faster guys.  He's effective if we can slow the game down, but when its at this speed and we need to get points to get back in it.....JON is of little use.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

HAHAHAHAHA THE CELTICS LOOKED S HITY. ONE THING GOING FOR THE CELTICS IS THAT JONES AND WADE CANT CONTINUE TO SHOOT THAT GREAT!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarvinofATL. Show MarvinofATL's posts

Celts gotta score 28 points per quarter in the second half and hold Miami to 20 points per quarter just to tie or take the lead. Not impossible. I just don't see it happening today though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game 1 : Those 13 extra minutes as a starter aren't the issue.  See the stats below.  His FG % and 3 point percentage is nearly the same. The issue here is that he was a "spotty" player for OKC, as well.  He had some good games and a LOT of games where he just wasn't there.     Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG 10-11 OKC 49 49 37.0 0.437 0.304 0.818 1.2 4.4 5.6 1.8 0.8 0.4 1.6 2.9 15.2 10-11 BOS 26 2 23.5 0.485 0.296 0.794 0.6 2.7 3.3 0.7 0.5 0.6 0.9 2.6 9.8 10-11 -- 75 51 32.4 0.449 0.303 0.811 1.0 3.8 4.8 1.4 0.7 0.5 1.3 2.8 13.3 Career   315 263 33.6 0.445 0.337 0.773 1.3 4.3 5.5 1.6 0.9 0.6 1.8 2.6 13.9
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Thank you for the stats. But we are talking Playoff Basketball. Not regular season stats which you just shared.

J.Green played good in the OKC-LA Series last year. He just doesn't have it so far, confidence-wise, to be a reliable reserve player for the Cs in this year's playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Three guys are playing hero ball.

Rondo, Pierce, and Baby. Forcing shots, dribbling through double and triple teams and shooting against strong defense.

The passing is slow. People (Rondo and Pierce) are waiting until the opponant is in place after a Celtic move, before the pass.

On defense, rotations are slow.

Stupid fouls.

This is not Celtic basketball.

Doc, fix it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game 1 : Miami went small and the C's are down and were effective in the small lineup.  JON couldn't keep up with the faster guys.  He's effective if we can slow the game down, but when its at this speed and we need to get points to get back in it.....JON is of little use.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

JO can't be ineffective....fierce can spout all sorts of stats to show why JO is a beast. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

While Boston has the talent to come back in this game, they don't have the swagger like they did when they beat the hell out of the Lakers in the '08 Finals. Doc seems unsure as to who to get into the game as he is not getting any production out of his bench ('cept West). Thank God for halftime! What the Celtics have to think about is how the game got so out of control: turnovers and missed shots despite having good looks, slow rotations on defense (repeatedly leaving one of the NBA's best 3 pt shooters wide open). What was working? dribble penetration and ball movement (before playing hero ball). Boston's D initially dominated in the paint which I attribute to JON. I think that doc panicked and felt that BB could be more productive. Big mistake.
    Posted by guyfromtex

Think about it, guy.  Remember back to miami's run.....did they score much in the paint?????  NO!!

JON would be ineffective because Miami changed the game.  They started hitting from outside.  Mebron hit one, Wade hit, Jones hit 4.   JON can't stop that.  Doc knew he needed perimeter defenders and they didn't get it done.  For the few points we did have  (Ray, Green a 3, West), we needed scorers.  

Our problem is turnovers and leaving wide open shooters to shoot.   That's the defensive issue we have and the ball handling issue we have.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo's second foul set the tone and put him out of the game. Why would you foul Lebron from behind.  Just let him get the lay up!.  Rondo being out killed the Celtics for the rest of the half.  Green as much as we hoped seem incapable of playing like a difference maker.  He just meanders around.  I hope we are wrong but DA goofed with this guy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

The Celtics will not lose this game
    Posted by shines01

You wanna bet?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

If the Heat shoot this well we'll never beat them. They are winning largely in part of luck, and largely in part of emotional officiating. This game is being officiated based off of momentum and the home-crowd. Delonte and Paul have been mugged in the paint and there has been no call. I refuse to believe that Miami is the better team, but unless we step up the intensity, and unless the officials get their heads out of their asse$, this one is over.
    Posted by vertigho

Says the delusional Celtics fan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xamo18. Show xamo18's posts

I hope doc puts rondo back in the second half...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game 1 : Thank you for the stats. But we are talking Playoff Basketball. Not regular season stats which you just shared. J.Green played good in the OKC-LA Series last year. He just doesn't have it so far, confidence-wise, to be a reliable reserve player for the Cs in this year's playoffs.
    Posted by great-1957

So your argument is that he is not playing well because he's not a starter in the playoffs and if he started in the playoffs, we'd see a better player?????  

Sorry, I don't buy it at all.  We're seeing in the playoffs the SAME Green we saw in the regular season with the Celtics.  A good play here and there but no fire in the belly across the board.  And this is coming from a Jeff Green fan!  I like him, but we're just seeing the normal jeff Green.

Now, here are his playoff stats last year.  Notice Rebounds, points, and FG% are DOWN from his regular season.  Note that as a starter for OKC, he did LESS than regular season.  So, I think you'll see - starting in the playoffs wouldn't fix Jeff.

CAREER PLAYOFF AVERAGES
    YearTeamGGSMPGFG%3P%FT%OFFDEFRPGAPGSPGBPGTOPFPPG
    09-10OKC6637.30.3290.2960.8501.03.74.71.70.70.51.002.6711.8
    10-11BOS4016.80.3330.1670.7141.02.53.50.00.20.51.003.506.0
    Career--10629.00.3300.2730.8151.03.24.21.00.50.51.003.009.5

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I anybody can get us back, its rondo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

So will the Celtics gift wrap this one, or show Celtic grit and team play?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

is hgh illegal in the NBA? if not, y not give some to shaq to enhance his healing!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Would be nice if Pierce could hold the ball without him losing it every touch

Sections
Shortcuts