Celtics vs Heat game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Celtics vs Heat game thread

the frustrating part about this is that they are playing pretty close to the heat but the refs are screwing us over again and again, i knew this game would be hard to watch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

Wow Ref's you are hot in the perimiter....geez let the Celtics play..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I've been saying all along that having guys who "supposedly" are defensive-minded does us NO GOOD when we need baskets.  We have nobody other than Ray and Rondo who can even GET A SHOT.

KG looks like he doesn't want to get engaged and JON is just useless.  Bass has got to get more involved.

We need some offensive players.  We need some perimeter shooters because we have nobody who can score other than Ray.  This is not about missing Pierce or Pietrus because we don't know when these guys can contribute.

And regarding those defensive players, our defense is horrible.  These guys are getting up and down the court AND finishing.  66 points in the first half - unheard of for a Celtics team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ray is shooting the 3 very well... I dont think anyone was questioning his shooting... its just he looks horrible in every other aspect of the game

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game thread : I don't know how you say that when they are playing the best in the game today.  I wouldn't just us against others without Paul playing the best team in the league.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

8 TOs in the first, and not all of those were due to Miami's quick D. 4 of those were offensive blunders.  Stupid, stupid passes. 

There's a lot of teams in the NBA right now, as in today, that would beat this team.  I think it'll change with time, but as of now this team looks flat, lost on D, and every time they make a play, it's a foul.

That it's only 10 points right now is testament to the C's pride. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

is shooting free throws really that hard? jeez rondo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

How can the lob-thrower (Lebron) throw a lob to DWade, who misses AND then Lebron goes past all of our defensive players to rebound and put back the lobbed miss?

Where are all these defensive players we're supposed to have (Dooling, Quis, Pav, Wilcox, KG, Rondo, JON)?

That's effort that we're lacking tonight.  We are not getting everyone's best effort.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

69 first half points... thats hard to take

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

That's a lot of 1st half points.  What's the FT disparity in this one right now?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Agree with Petey!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]How can the lob-thrower (Lebron) throw a lob to DWade, who misses AND then Lebron goes past all of our defensive players to rebound and put back the lobbed miss? Where are all these defensive players we're supposed to have (Dooling, Quis, Pav, Wilcox, KG, Rondo, JON)? That's effort that we're lacking tonight.  We are not getting everyone's best effort.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

There is no defense... they give up 70 points in a half and the Heat shoot 65% in the quarter??

And Rondo... hit a frea kin foul shot...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]That's a lot of 1st half points.  What's the FT disparity in this one right now?
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

15 - 24, not nearly as bad as I thought.. but still bad

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game thread : haha man poor Ray... 15 points in a lackluster 1st game and a slow 1st quarter and all of a sudden its the end of his career
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

20 points in the first game.   But, until he started moving faster and playing more aggressive, he did look terrible.  I think he must be pacing himself in the beginning of both games and we can't afford that!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Down 15 at half and JO with ZERO rebounds. Glad to see that he's fully "recovered" and back playing at his usual standards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game thread : 15 - 24, not nearly as bad as I thought.. but still bad
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  Yeah, that's not as bad as I was thinking. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game thread : There is no defense... they give up 70 points in a half and the Heat shoot 65% in the quarter?? And Rondo... hit a frea kin foul shot...
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

Petey, CASox.....I'm with Fierce.  Its not that the main guys aren't playing defense.  Give the Heat credit....they are playing inspired and fast and long.  They are more athletic with younger legs going over the top of us.  the 69 points come from fast breaks, steals, broken plays, WIDE OPEN 3's!  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ramea,
    I don't care how many Ray has if you don't see a fall off in KG and Ray you are blind.  Look at the whole picture. Ray could have thirty tonight and it would be meaningless.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Can't really expect to win this.

Two road games in a row, without our captain and main scorer, and playing the best, and fastest team in the NBA early in the season. I would be shocked if we pulled this out.

With that said, I like our chances in a playoff series. We'll have Pierce back then, and will have Pietrus integreated into the team. Obviously team chemistry will be better then, and the Heat's superstars will have some wear on their tires by then.

Starting 0-2 is fine, especially when you consider it's against two premier teams, on the road, and without our starting SF - but we gotta bounce back.

Face these guys in the playoffs and we'll get 'em.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We have only 3 players who have attempted a free throw and Quis' single FT was to finish a 3-point play.  Only Ray and Rondo have also gone to the FT line.

Our starting front court has only 3 rebounds in the entire first half.  If this is what we can expect from KG, we're done.  This guy looks totally lost.

And to think we have to play again tomorrow night.  This could get ugly if Doc tries to rest his starters in the 4th in anticipation of tomorrow's game.  It's ugly now.

This is embarrassing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

As my daddy used to say, JO is about as useless as teets on a bull.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game thread : Petey, CASox.....I'm with Fierce.  Its not that the main guys aren't playing defense.  Give the Heat credit....they are playing inspired and fast and long.  They are more athletic with younger legs going over the top of us.  the 69 points come from fast breaks, steals, broken plays, WIDE OPEN 3's!  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I agree with you to some extent but even in the half court D they are not recovering and helping out.. clearly no one is talking and its hurting them... obviously the 15 turnovers and 23 points off those TOs is killing us as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Add in the shortened season, and the margin for error gets slimmer.
    I see them as a playoff team, but they need a RR backup and a big man.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

[QUOTE]Can't really expect to win this. Two road games in a row, without our captain and main scorer, and playing the best, and fastest team in the NBA early in the season. I would be shocked if we pulled this out. With that said, I like our chances in a playoff series. We'll have Pierce back then, and will have Pietrus integreated into the team. Obviously team chemistry will be better then, and the Heat's superstars will have some wear on their tires by then. Starting 0-2 is fine, especially when you consider it's against two premier teams, on the road, and without our starting SF - but we gotta bounce back. Face these guys in the playoffs and we'll get 'em.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Man, are you delusional!

Sections
Shortcuts