Celtics vs Heat game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Celtics vs Heat game thread

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game thread:
    [QUOTE]We have only 3 players who have attempted a free throw and Quis' single FT was to finish a 3-point play.  Only Ray and Rondo have also gone to the FT line. Our starting front court has only 3 rebounds in the entire first half.  If this is what we can expect from KG, we're done.  This guy looks totally lost. And to think we have to play again tomorrow night.  This could get ugly if Doc tries to rest his starters in the 4th in anticipation of tomorrow's game.  It's ugly now. This is embarrassing.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Heat will embarrass a lot of teams this year.  We are on the road, we are without Pierce, we start Sasha Pavlovic for goodness sakes, and we have Marquis Daniels trying to play Lebron James.  I hope you didn't expect too much.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]How can the lob-thrower (Lebron) throw a lob to DWade, who misses AND then Lebron goes past all of our defensive players to rebound and put back the lobbed miss? Where are all these defensive players we're supposed to have (Dooling, Quis, Pav, Wilcox, KG, Rondo, JON)? That's effort that we're lacking tonight.  We are not getting everyone's best effort.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

It might be where the Cs don't have the legs anymore for that C's defensive effort.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

KG is soft player, has been long time. Dont get me wrong, hes given the C"s intensity and great moments, just saying around the rim hes soft.

Hes a jump shooter and not a banger on the boards...he gets them cause hes tall and used to be able to jump high.. 

We need his jumper always working but dont expect KG to shut the lane down or block shots... thats not his game anymore

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game thread : Man, are you delusional!
    Posted by henryfinkel[/QUOTE]

I prefer the term, 'optimistic'.

Try integrating 'optimisim' into your life. Thing become more positive and life seems better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

For those of you who want to know why the C's played slow down half court ball and didn't go for offensive rebounds, this is why.  If we have to run up and down the court with athletic teams, we get killed.  But, if we shoot a high percentage (read:  no fast breaks and a slower game), and we get back - we have a chance.

We will have to find a way to slow down games against the Heat and the Knicks so they play OUR game instead of visa versa.  The key will be to stop the turnovers and the fouls and get good shots.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Lets not forget Docs proclamation that JO would be the MVP in practice.

Hes not done much in our first 2 games. He looked alot better at end of last season

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]KG is soft player, has been long time. Dont get me wrong, hes given the C"s intensity and great moments, just saying around the rim hes soft. Hes a jump shooter and not a banger on the boards...he gets them cause hes tall and used to be able to jump high..  We need his jumper always working but dont expect KG to shut the lane down or block shots... thats not his game anymore
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Karllost.  

On another front:  I hate to look backwards, but I wish we had not made those trades last year at all star break and competed for a championship last year.  Then, we make the changes this year and I don't feel as bad about what's happening now.  I know WHY we did it, but like many others, I will forever be broken hearted that we went undermanned last year and we are now going under manned this year.  Tough to watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game thread : Agreed, Karllost.   On another front:  I hate to look backwards, but I wish we had not made those trades last year at all star break and competed for a championship last year.  Then, we make the changes this year and I don't feel as bad about what's happening now.  I know WHY we did it, but like many others, I will forever be broken hearted that we went undermanned last year and we are now going under manned this year.  Tough to watch.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

DA gambled on Shaq...was the start of a series of miscalculations

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]It's like a Honda Civic trying to chase a Ferrari.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Im sorry, but my Civic will beat a ferrari all day every day!!!  Now back to Celtics talk!!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Bosh layup drill on KG

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Wilcox injured

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]The Heat are just better, they're getting to the basket with very little resistance from the Celts.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Yup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Come on Celtsfan and Fierce, we did not give up 69 points because Miami is more athletic.  We're not giving the effort.  Effort is boxing out and getting a body on someone.  Letting Lebron throw a lob and then follow it up and be the first to rebound and put back the ball is not about athleticisim.  It's about us not boxing out or making the effort to go after a rebound.

James Jones comes in and he is totally alone on the perimeter shooting practice jumpers.  That isn't because Miami is more athletic.  It's because we're not putting forth the effort.  Again, the only players who appear giving it their all are Ray and Rondo.  The rest of these guys aren't doing a thing.

Norris Cole, James Jones, Joel Anthony, "soft" Chris Bosh, come on, man.  These guys are getting whatever they want.  They made a significant run on us WITH Lebron on the bench.  Our effort tonight is not sufficient.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game thread : So when is Doc gonna start using a zone against the Heat?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

After he has time to practice one!  Want to see it get even uglier?  Just try something you've not even practiced in the very short practice time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Staying away from this one, thanks for all the updates. No Paul, no chance, no watching this game. Cheer up its a long year, a few weeks from we're starting a winning streak..... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

They are getting to the rim with no trouble because of JON and KG they are old and have tired legs. That is more obvious than anything to do with the Heat they are frontrunning and playing beautifully but tonight we can see how much our big will be dragging later this year.  They are tired right now in game 2.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game thread : That's my point ... it should have been added to the defense last year!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Different team last year, man.  It wouldn't have mattered.  You would have been teaching Shaq, Delonte, BBD, Sasha, Arroyo, Murphy, Jeff Green, Piercethe defense that none of them would be here to play.   Best laid plans......and all that.

The game ain't lost because of a zone defense that we had no time to practice.  Its lost because Miami is better and we're worse (no Pierce, older KG, no Green, etc).

We just gotta get used to it until we get back to full strength.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hey, Mployee - there's your zone, man!  Call you coach Mployee!   Announcers said first time they've ever played zone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

As pessimistically as I've been viewing this game, there's another side to it.  If they lose this by below double-digits, it's actually not all that dire.  Seriously.  Just close the gap to within ten, if it's going to be a loss.