Celtics vs Hornets 03/20/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: Celtics vs Hornets 03/20/13

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

See! Inside-outside basketball!

Pierce sees the mismatch, gives it to KG and when doubled, kicks it back out to Pierce for 3!

That's how the Rockets won championships in 1994 and 1995. 

DON'T SETTLE FOR JUMP SHOTS!

yeah but it still was a jumper that got them the lead....ha

No, it was not!

Pierce don't shoot 3s using a jump shot. 

Come on, inside-outside basketball, that's how they should do it.

Did PP hit a 3 to put them ahead? Yes it did...end of story....

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

this team is not championship material by any stretch... good teams do what the Heat did to Cleveland tonight... they got behing big but they come back and beat them.... the Cs just dont have the fire to go far in the playoffs... you cant let bad teams keep beating you 

They don't have Rondo is what I think you mean, because that's the fire

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

this team is not championship material by any stretch... good teams do what the Heat did to Cleveland tonight... they got behing big but they come back and beat them.... the Cs just dont have the fire to go far in the playoffs... you cant let bad teams keep beating you 

I don't think it's the fire, it's the talent. they have only one decent big, Green is wildly inconsistent, Pierce is old, and as good as Bradley and lee are on D they are one of the worst Offensive combos in the NBA.

I love every Celtics team but that doesn;t mean I have to think every team has a shot at a championship.  this one doesn't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

That's what I tried to tell you earlier. It's a waste of time. 

The only upside is the owners will get some extra cash from playoff tickets.

yep... if they really wanted to fight for another title they would have tried to get an impact player at the trade deadline.... not pick up 2 D league type players and an out of control Crawford.... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:

+1

The Lakers are also not championship material by any stretch.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Did anyone really think it was?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I missed the second half.  How does Green get eight shots in this game after his performance on Mon.   The culture of this team has to be changed Pierce and Garnett have to look for Green and others in big game situations.  This is a big loss.  It means we are not going to move up to the past the five most likely. Doc is the problem with Pierce and Garnett.  We lose a game like this it does not matter if we win a big game.  We can't get be consistent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Well I think we all watch because we think they just might have a chance but games like this and giving away a big lead to Miami make you think  NOT

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Doc doesn't know how to fix a deficiency during the game. He couldn't see that we couldn't rebound and then will not put anyone in that will get a rebound. He just keeps doing the same thing over and over. You can't play 3 guards when the other teams frontline is 6'10 and above. SMH!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I missed the second half.  How does Green get eight shots in this game after his performance on Mon.   The culture of this team has to be changed Pierce and Garnett have to look for Green and others in big game situations.  This is a big loss.  It means we are not going to move up to the past the five most likely. Doc is the problem with Pierce and Garnett.  We lose a game like this it does not matter if we win a big game.  We can't get be consistent.

Green needs to be aggressive. There is no reason to blame other people because Green only took 8 shots.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Well I think we all watch because we think they just might have a chance but games like this and giving away a big lead to Miami make you think  NOT

I watch because I have watched every year for 30 years and I love the Celtics. I havent thought once this year they could win it all.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Doc doesn't know how to fix a deficiency during the game. He couldn't see that we couldn't rebound and then will not put anyone in that will get a rebound. He just keeps doing the same thing over and over. You can't play 3 guards when the other teams frontline is 6'10 and above. SMH!

Your point about Doc not trying things is right on.  We should have tried Randolph against the Heat when he took out Green.  What did we have to lose? The guys Doc had in there blew it.  So what is the risk in trying.  Why did Green get only eight shots tonight?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Green needs to be aggressive. There is no reason to blame other people because Green only took 8 shots.

Does Green smoke a lot of pot?

After a game like Monday's you run plays for guy who scores like Green.  It was as simple as one two three.  If he didn't have it you move to plan B.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Does Green smoke a lot of pot?

After a game like Monday's you run plays for guy who scores like Green.  It was as simple as one two three.  If he didn't have it you move to plan B.

Even it that was the only game that Green has had even slightly resembling that in 5 years of NBA play?

"Hey guys guess what?  All of a sudden Green is really good and he is going to stay that way"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I watch because I have watched every year for 30 years and I love the Celtics. I havent thought once this year they could win it all.

After tonight the window has almost closed shut. This loss was big.  They needed to show they could retool and grind out a win. Which they have shown all year is very difficult for them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Why doesn't Green start at PF? 

Typical 2 Rebs...

His motor works only part time. 

Agreed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Why doesn't Green start at PF? 

Typical 2 Rebs...

His motor works only part time. 

Agreed.

I have no definitive answer on Green, but you have to keep him  in the position to play like he did in that Miami game because he can.