Celtics vs Jazz 02/25/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: Celtics vs Jazz 02/25/13

In response to Petey62's comment:

I cannot understand why PP and KG can't lead this team.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for a 15 point first half by no means from either of them but I am asking for SOME CONTRIBUTION from one or both of them.  They are not too old to give us more than they've given us.

Again, we played last night so I'm not looking for a breakout night but these guys are giving us NOTHING.

Also, we have the worst shooters in the NBA.  We miss way too many wide open shots.  KG, AB, Lee, Pierce and Green.  These guys cannot make two jump shots in a row to save their lives.  And can SOMEBODY make both free throws.

This team is not a good basketball team right now.

Umm  AB is 6 for 8 but I agree with you... this is a jump shooting team lead by KG and PP both of whom are old in spite of what you say.... PP is having one of those sleep walking games which has become more the rule than the exception.... lets face it, this is an average team... and to keep them average Ainge gets two guards  and a forward who Im not sure is going to help much... I said last week they could go 0 and 5 on this trip but if they keep this up it will be 1 and 4.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Now this is what we need!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/case-hadn-t-heard-bill-russell-pretty-good-004150534--ncaab.html

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Usually when we play hero ball we lose!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Petey,

lower your expectations and you'll keep yourself from blowing a gasket.  Its a team led by old guys with no center and on the 5th night of a 5 in 7 road trip when 3 of their players are out for the season!  .  They're doing pretty well for who they are.  Danny is in the middle of a rebuild so enjoy the fact that they are a playoff team And hope they go past the first round.   Let's love 'em for the effort they're giving.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Yea PP is playing bad so far,  only has 3 rebounds and leading the team with 5 assists and only 9 pts.  Coming off of a 9-16 fg, 23 pts, 8 assists, 7 rebound game last night.   If only we could get more from him we might have a chance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

It would have been great had DA figured out a way to add Big Al to this team! I like his game!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Yea PP is playing bad so far,  only has 3 rebounds and leading the team with 5 assists and only 9 pts.  Coming off of a 9-16 fg, 23 pts, 8 assists, 7 rebound game last night.   If only we could get more from him we might have a chance.

thats true

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

To much hero ball! Somebody please take it to the rack!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Tonight the Celts already have 7 made 3s and it's still the 3rd qtr.

Last night only 2 made 3s the whole game.

I just wish Terry could be more consistent... I really thought he would be better than this but so far this year he has been just ok...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

To much hero ball! Somebody please take it to the rack!

Exactly.. especially JG.. he falls in love with that 3 and he should be going to the hoop more...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

It would have been great had DA figured out a way to add Big Al to this team! I like his game!

Ive been hoping for that all season long, the kid would love to come back to Boston. I hope DA can somehow figure out to get him in the off season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Petey,

lower your expectations and you'll keep yourself from blowing a gasket.  Its a team led by old guys with no center and on the 5th night of a 5 in 7 road trip when 3 of their players are out for the season!  .  They're doing pretty well for who they are.  Danny is in the middle of a rebuild so enjoy the fact that they are a playoff team And hope they go past the first round.   Let's love 'em for the effort they're giving.

No blowing gasket here - important meeting in the morning that precludes blowing a gasket over this game.  I see PP come out in the 3rd quarter and he is LEADING us.  Seems then everyone else gets involved.

I just can't see how he can't bring that at least for half the game - not just a stretch in the 3rd quarter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

This team has no clue how to box out... none!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Great quarter on both ends! Lets finish it...no let up.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

I just wish Terry could be more consistent... I really thought he would be better than this but so far this year he has been just ok...

Come on, Terry will be big in the playoffs.

As long as the Celts don't face NY or Miami in the 1st round.

I would include Indiana in that mix! They have been playing some great ball as of late! Good inside outside team! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Come on, Terry will be big in the playoffs.

As long as the Celts don't face NY or Miami in the 1st round.

You keep saying the same thing... look I like him but being big in the playoffs is meaningless unless we get there and if we do, get a better seed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Petey,

No blowing gasket here - important meeting in the morning that precludes blowing a gasket over this game.  I see PP come out in the 3rd quarter and he is LEADING us.  Seems then everyone else gets involved.

I just can't see how he can't bring that at least for half the game - not just a stretch in the 3rd quarter.

Its basketball, bro.   Only the top 5 guys in the league can do it all the time and old guys who are not top 5 just aren't going to play great every night.  Its a young man's league and its a star's league.  The team is top 7 in the East and getting better.  At their age, with the injuries, and no center, we're going to have some ups and downs.   I love the effort.  They are not giving up and just like we won't miss them all, the Jazz cooled off And won't make them all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

All that talent and the Lakers getting blown out by 15 against the Nuggets.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Why do i have this feeling the Celtics shot their load in the 3rd period. Heyward kills them on the 3

Sections
Shortcuts