Celtics vs Knicks 03/26/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from igotgyroballs. Show igotgyroballs's posts

Re: Celtics vs Knicks 03/26/13

I just don't get all the love for T-Will... The announcers were just talking about how athletic he is and if he ever put it all together he could be around for a long time... What I see is a tweener not good enough for point or to be a shooting guard...hope i am wrong

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to joel49's comment:

Pierce with six first half turnovers.  His assist to turnover ratio this season is 3.9/2.9.  Just unacceptable. 

Not to state the obvious but you know why that is right?  He is the teams primary ballhandler in the half court since Rondo went down. He is averaging 4.7 assists a game. Bradley is averaging 2.1 Lee is at 1.8

Pierce is turning the ball over because he is handling it all the time.

Because they dont have anyone else that can.

I appreciate all that, snake, but it's also the result of his trying to make moves that he just can't make anymore.   His spin move, e.g., which used to be his bread and butter, now seems more often than not to result in his dribbling into a crowd and getting his pocket picked.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Crawford is just awful imo... not sure what he does well really....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

Not to state the obvious but you know why that is right?  He is the teams primary ballhandler in the half court since Rondo went down. He is averaging 4.7 assists a game. Bradley is averaging 2.1 Lee is at 1.8

Exactly      I'm glad someone else sees what's going on.instead of just bashing a player for trying.

Yeah but come on ...PP passes sometimes are so bad it is halarious... its not just him though.. no one on this team can pass...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

wheres our floor leader?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Williams has some promise   .He may free up Terry or Lee or both for a trade on a half decent big in the offseason.

I agree. He looked good cutting to the middle and squaring up for a jumper. I don't know what happened to Bradley's jumper but it's looong gone. He's gonna need to improve there significantly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Pierce with six first half turnovers.  His assist to turnover ratio this season is 3.9/2.9.  Just unacceptable. 

I appreciate all that, snake, but it's also the result of his trying to make moves that he just can't make anymore.   His spin move, e.g., which used to be his bread and butter, now seems more often than not to result in his dribbling into a crowd and getting his pocket picked.

Pierce either takes his 5 hour energy or he does not. When he does not, he looks like a very old man trying to play a young man's game. It's pretty painful to watch. Maybe it's just that pinched nerve acting up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Triple Double!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

Williams has some promise   .He may free up Terry or Lee or both for a trade on a half decent big in the offseason.

I agree. He looked good cutting to the middle and squaring up for a jumper. I don't know what happened to Bradley's jumper but it's looong gone. He's gonna need to improve there significantly.

he is more of a catch and shoot guy, imo. Not as good creating his own shot, shooting of the dribble. He is much better as a 2 then as a 1.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I wont argue that.

But the thing is that Pierce is third in the NBA for assists a game for small forwards behind James and Batum.

Durant averages 4.4 assists and 3.5 turnovers Paul George is 4 assists and 3 turnovers.

Look at people around the NBA, it isnt as bad as you think.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Exactly      I'm glad someone else sees what's going on.instead of just bashing a player for trying.

There are quite a few around here that are going to bash him regardless.  Its normally the same guys.  They don't look at any of the positives.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

There are quite a few around here that are going to bash him regardless.  Its normally the same guys.  They don't look at any of the positives.

You mean kinda like those who dont see the positives in Rondo?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I wont argue that.

But the thing is that Pierce is third in the NBA for assists a game for small forwards behind James and Batum.

Durant averages 4.4 assists and 3.5 turnovers Paul George is 4 assists and 3 turnovers.

Here are the top SF's in the league.

How many would you take over Pierce without worrying about the next few years,  this year only.

Miami  - Lebron

Indiana-  George

New York – Melo 5 

Brooklyn – Wallace

Chicago- Deng

Atlanta – Smith

Milwaukee – Ilyasova

Toronto -  Gay

Philly – Turner

Cavs- Gee

Pistons- Magette

Wizards- Ariza

Orlando- not worth mentioning

Charlotte- not worth mentioning

Spurs – Leonard\Jackson

OKC- Durant

Grizz-  Prince

Clippers- Butler

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Bradley's shot has been on the beach in the Bahamas for the past several weeks...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Randolph 3 rebounds in 2 minutes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

You mean kinda like those who dont see the positives in Rondo?

Exactly

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

by they way rebounds right now is 38 NY and 37 boston

Blocked shot are 6 boston and 1 NY.

I don't think the big rotation was the problem.

bass had 7 boards and 3 blocks in 25 minutes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Bradley's shot has been on the beach in the Bahamas for the past several weeks...

He is nearly turning into a liability.  I have never seen anyone miss so many layups that he should make.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The 15 offensive rebounds are what killed us.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I wont argue that.

Good stats and you're right.  But for some reason it just looks worse when PP is doing it.  Maybe I just hold him to a higher standard because he set the bar pretty high for himself over the years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Randolph 3 rebounds in 2 minutes.

Bass had 7 in 25 with 3 blocks. Green led everyone with 10

That wasn'r the problem tonight.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The 15 offensive rebounds are what killed us.

See I would go with only forcing 7 turnovers the entire game.