Celtics vs Knicks 03/31/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Re: Celtics vs Knicks 03/31/13

In response to KenDNP's comment:

In response to scubber's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Im sorry but Crawford stinks... for every one thing he does well he does 10 bad things...

+ 10

Kris Joseph > J.Crawford

That's for sure! :)

Joseph - 6-7, Crawford - 6-4! :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

Knicks made a statement tonight. Boston may have hit a psychological wall with tonight's loss. It's gonna be hard to overcome this if the two teams meet in the playoffs. A couple of thing's to take away from this game: 1) Boston really really needs KG 2)NY was insane with those 3's. If Boston can get their heads out of their **s and realize that they need to challenge NY on the perimeter they will have a better chance. NY is deep though and Boston isn't. Too many injuries. Great pickups by NY not so good pickups for Danny Ainge.

Definitely agree with you.  If we face them in the 1st round of the playoffs, it will be very difficult for the Celtics to win.  They are a much better team this year and without KG the Celtics don't have a chance.   Why is it so difficult for the Celtics to have a good road game?  They have been horrible on the road and will have to improve in this area to have any luck in the playoffs. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think the Knicks are in the Celtics' heads.  They have absolutely dominated us twice in less than a week's time.  And it's the manner in which they dominated us.  On Tuesday, they killed us in the paint.  They went 8-28 on 3-pointers on Tuesday but had 50 points in the paint.

Then yesterday, they hit 14 3-pointers and only had 22 points in the paint and the game wasn't close.  And the Celtics really did not help them with turnovers (Celtics only committed 10 turnovers).

I mean, the Knicks just beat us every which way.  And please, please don't attribute this to KG's absence bacause the Knicks were without DPOY Chandler and Amar'e (who was playing well before his injury).

I say "...in the Celtics' heads" because nobody but PP and JG came out ready to play.  It seemed like nobody else had that fire to redeem themselves after Tuesday's rout.  I really thought a different Celtics team would show up and DO WHAT WE DO (go out and remind folks just who we are regardless of who's on the court).

I really don't want to see the Knicks in the playoffs (in any round).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

You can clearly see why new players normally don't see playing time. The defensive rotations are awfull!

and their D is much better...

You also have to give the Knicks credit for finding the open man. Last season, under D'Antoni, the Knicks took the first shot available.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Status of the backcourt: AB seems like he has hit a delayed rookie wall. Lee proofs every game why he is a one dimensional journeyman (like I always said and some people here denied) and Terry is far from a 6th man of the year. Crawford is at the moment a pure streetballer, but wasn't JR Smith once a similiar type of player?

Lee is coming back from injury..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

I know its the rage to rag on Bass but the Cs problems are much deeper than him....

Bass is a much better player than a year ago..All star,,no..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Remember when the Board questioned Jeff Green so much at the beginning of the season?   I think he's shown that it does take time to play your way back after open heart surgery.  The kid is definitely back, though.

If he would only realize that he really can't be stopped...

27 points and he only took 14 shots.  We need him to take 20 right now with Garnett out.

No, we just need somebody else to step up..27 pts is just fine...Celts depend on over all team game..not just one or two players..when others don't step up, they look horrible..

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

They won at the center position (Copleand went off after Martin got hurt) and point guard (Felton, JR Smith, etc.). Celts were equal at small forward/2 guard with Green/Paul starting respectively. They hit a bunch of open threes and generally swung the ball around better than the Celtics.  But hey hit their 3s and the Celtics missed them which was largely the difference in the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

I think the Knicks are in the Celtics' heads.  They have absolutely dominated us twice in less than a week's time.  And it's the manner in which they dominated us.  On Tuesday, they killed us in the paint.  They went 8-28 on 3-pointers on Tuesday but had 50 points in the paint.

Then yesterday, they hit 14 3-pointers and only had 22 points in the paint and the game wasn't close.  And the Celtics really did not help them with turnovers (Celtics only committed 10 turnovers).

I mean, the Knicks just beat us every which way.  And please, please don't attribute this to KG's absence bacause the Knicks were without DPOY Chandler and Amar'e (who was playing well before his injury).

I say "...in the Celtics' heads" because nobody but PP and JG came out ready to play.  It seemed like nobody else had that fire to redeem themselves after Tuesday's rout.  I really thought a different Celtics team would show up and DO WHAT WE DO (go out and remind folks just who we are regardless of who's on the court).

I really don't want to see the Knicks in the playoffs (in any round).

Peter who do you want to see?  The Knicks are a team we have better chance of beating considering our history with them.  At the seven we are limited to good team. Indy and the Heat are hardly better match ups.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Concord27, I'd love to see the Nets but we've played too many uninspired games and lost thus putting us in the position to be struggling at the #7 seed with hopes of holding onto that spot.  We've just been too inconsistent all year long and had too many bad losses against terrible teams to think we can win a first round series against Miami, Indy or NY.

I don't think we match up well with the Knicks.  They are a veteran team just like we are and they have a couple of guys who we are just unable to contain.  When you have two guys who make things easier for everybody else the way Melo and Smith have done lately, it makes the Knicks tough to beat.

I have abandoned the thinking that this year's playoffs will be similar to previous playoffs, where we flip a switch and play like a different team.  My concern is that we don't have that player in Rondo who raises his game and "takes over" this time of year more so than any other Celtic, Pierce included.  He's been that one major factor that made us a different team in the playoffs.

We're not going to get that from AB, Terry or Lee.  Hopefully JG will consistently produce in the playoffs but I doubt he'll play the way Rondo has in previous years and that's what we need.  Without the "playoff" Rondo, I'm not sure it matters who we play in the first round.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Petey posted:

I think the Knicks are in the Celtics' heads.  They have absolutely dominated us twice in less than a week's time.  And it's the manner in which they dominated us.

Response:

actually, Petey, I think its the opposite.  Celtics like Terry and Pierce actually are disrespecting the Knicks and actually think they can just turn it on.  The Knicks are in the heads of the fans but the players (see Terry's wristband) just think that KG will come back, veterans will step up, and they'll challenge Miami.   We lost that close game to Miami and look at home we've played since.   

these guys think they can play like they did against Miami at any time they want.  NOT!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan4life, I agree that guys like Terry and Pierce don't respect NY much and think we'll just get to the playoffs and everything will be just fine.  I honestly don't buy it though.  I don't buy that they believe it'll be that simple.  They may want to act like that but they are fooling themselves.

This team has done nothing consistently this season to even remotely give these guys the confidence that they can beat the Knicks in a playoff series.

At no point this season have the Celtics simply turned it on against a very good team.

If they think that they can again come playoff time, then you are right - NOT!  It won't happen with this bunch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Concord27, I'd love to see the Nets but we've played too many uninspired games and lost thus putting us in the position to be struggling at the #7 seed with hopes of holding onto that spot.  We've just been too inconsistent all year long and had too many bad losses against terrible teams to think we can win a first round series against Miami, Indy or NY.

I don't think we match up well with the Knicks.  They are a veteran team just like we are and they have a couple of guys who we are just unable to contain.  When you have two guys who make things easier for everybody else the way Melo and Smith have done lately, it makes the Knicks tough to beat.

I have abandoned the thinking that this year's playoffs will be similar to previous playoffs, where we flip a switch and play like a different team.  My concern is that we don't have that player in Rondo who raises his game and "takes over" this time of year more so than any other Celtic, Pierce included.  He's been that one major factor that made us a different team in the playoffs.

We're not going to get that from AB, Terry or Lee.  Hopefully JG will consistently produce in the playoffs but I doubt he'll play the way Rondo has in previous years and that's what we need.  Without the "playoff" Rondo, I'm not sure it matters who we play in the first round.

You make good points, we have beat the knicks as a rule but as you say it may have come to an end. Garnett rested could do us a lot of good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celtsfan4life, I agree that guys like Terry and Pierce don't respect NY much and think we'll just get to the playoffs and everything will be just fine.  I honestly don't buy it though.  I don't buy that they believe it'll be that simple.  They may want to act like that but they are fooling themselves.

This team has done nothing consistently this season to even remotely give these guys the confidence that they can beat the Knicks in a playoff series.

At no point this season have the Celtics simply turned it on against a very good team.

If they think that they can again come playoff time, then you are right - NOT!  It won't happen with this bunch.

These guys have reached the point where they will not be able to turn it on in the end, primarily because they do not have the D nor do they have that "mean streak" kind of players supporting them like Tony Allen, BBD, nor starters like Rondo (who plays terrible in the regular season and then steps it up in the playoffs).  The reason they think they can do it has nothing to do with this season.  They've done it in previous years and they are extremely confident, unfortunately.  I can see that it drives Doc crazy.....comments like "we just don't learn" show his frustration.

Drives me crazy, too.