Celtics vs Knicks 04/23/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: Celtics vs Knicks 04/23/13

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

KG stinking up the joint and he still talks s h ite... wish he could play like he talks...

That's what I've been saying since 2010, KG talks a lot but he can't carry a team like Tim Duncan can. And to think Duncan is someone who doesn't talk a lot.

That is where you are wrong, my friend. Tim Duncan doesn't carry the Spurs. San Antonio operates much better than Boston. They draft smart, they take the time to develop their players, they sign players that contribute.

Boston is different. Danny Ainge passes on players that are obvious picks (Deandre Jordan), Doc refuses to give playing time (with the exception of Sullinger) to Danny Ainge's picks, Danny Ainge makes foolish trades and signs horrible players.

Duncan does not carry San Antonio, the San Antonio Spurs carry Duncan. It's all in the system of the organization.

How many Finals MVP does Duncan have?

Does KG have an MVP Finals trophy?

Duncan has won with David Robinson, Sean Elliott, and Avery Johnson. But Duncan has also won with Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili. That's 2 sets of different players and one thing is constant - Tim Duncan.

Get Tim Duncan

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

really sad... IDK who to even blame... melo made his shots gotta give it to him. KG missed his.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

KG stinking up the joint and he still talks s h ite... wish he could play like he talks...

That's what I've been saying since 2010, KG talks a lot but he can't carry a team like Tim Duncan can. And to think Duncan is someone who doesn't talk a lot.

That is where you are wrong, my friend. Tim Duncan doesn't carry the Spurs. San Antonio operates much better than Boston. They draft smart, they take the time to develop their players, they sign players that contribute.

Boston is different. Danny Ainge passes on players that are obvious picks (Deandre Jordan), Doc refuses to give playing time (with the exception of Sullinger) to Danny Ainge's picks, Danny Ainge makes foolish trades and signs horrible players.

Duncan does not carry San Antonio, the San Antonio Spurs carry Duncan. It's all in the system of the organization.

Duncan has won with David Robinson, Sean Elliott, and Avery Johnson. But Duncan has also won with Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili. That's 2 sets of different players and one thing is constant - Tim Duncan.

I give up Fierce. I wish I could coach against you....smh

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

the point is: we miss Rondo!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

If you think that San Antonio won all those titles just because they had Tim Duncan you would be foolish indeed. San Antonio won those titles and continues to be in the top echelon of the NBA because they draft smart, they develop their players, they sign players that contribute, they don't make foolish trades and because of all this they have depth in every position. Tim Duncan is a shell of what he used to be. You touched on exactly what I have been saying, Duncan has won with a myriad of different players. That is the San Antonio system. It's never been one man winning all of San Antonio's games. It is the combination of all of their players. Not once in the history of the NBA has a team won because of one player alone. It's never happened.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to Mchampion's comment:

This team is done.  No offense, decent defense but a step slow.  No point guard and no help on the bench.  

it burns me quite a bit that danny had a lot of time to do something, anything, in this regard.  neither bradley nor lee are #1 players.  so you pile more work onto old pierce.  just like they piled more physical work onto KG.  you know the big untalented lugs charged with guarding him were told to give him some extra bangs.  last year i watched that piece of crap jason collins do it to KG every time we played ATL. 

all in all, what can you expect?  rondo stifled all growth of the team and then we can't get a ham and egger PG to help us along.  we are non existent for PG, not enough at the 4/5 and i have no idea what the hell jeff green is other than mediocre mixed up 3/4 who you would need to have in a very high tempo system to get your 9M a year out of him

I really don't understand the need to pretend to play General Manager.

No matter what the Celtics got for either KG or Pierce would ever allow then to be competitive for years to come. How long was it between Larry Kevin and Chief until KG Paul and Ray?

Why wish for that unknown future?

These guys, win or lose, do not deserve you. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

Post mortem...

Tight calling of the game except for Anthony, caused too many fouls against our stars in the first half. All of our stars were in foul trouble to start the third. We stopped playing defense in the third and the Knicks moved into the lead. In the fourth, we hardly guarded Anthony, and our stars spent too much time on the bench. 

...too bad. It looked promising.

What stars?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I been asking for  a big or bigs for 2 years.  Nothing.  No rebounds=no championships.  The problem is no toughness either when you don't have any bigs to guard the hoop.  Ainge amassed this mess. While teams go out and get player to help we get chinese rejects that are useless.  This team is just as bad as the regular season has shown.  Not to mention this team is old.  I am begining to wonder about Doc's coaching too. Not so much with the starters but how the bench is contructed and used. Oh and our point gaurd is hurt that doesn't help either.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Only seven 3's for the Knicks tonight and held to 15 pts below their season avg for these first two playoff games. The defense isn't the problem. KG is hurt more than we know and who said the C's wouldn't miss Rondo?

That said, if we win two in Boston (where the Knicks won't be treated with kid gloves by the refs) the same guys complaining here will jump back on the bandwagon ... seen it time and again on this board.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Seriously, heading into the playoffs this season, most of us Celtic fans already know that scoring has been a problem for the Celts all season long. So it's not surprising if the Celts can't even score 80 points in a playoff game.

Just look at the #2 option, KG, he only had 12 points tonight. And to think he's being paid 11m per year.

It's more than just an inability to score. This team:

Never gelled.

Lacked size in the front court (I hate tweeners!)

Lacked depth in the front court (No true Center?!! Ainge is obsessed with wings!)

Can't rebound

Did not have a backup point guard (Rondo's injury sealing their fate)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ktronic's comment:

In response to ktronic's comment:

So much for high powered offenses getting stifled in the playoffs. 

Right, Karl?

You really are ig. Nor. Ant!

Come on, Karl told me the high scoring Knicks will get stifled in the playoffs.

DUH!

They scored 87 points...WE are not scoring in the second half. 23 points tonight. 26 on Saturday.

Like Carmelo didn't score 36 and JR Smith didn't have 19 off the bench?

The point is a team with scorers will still score in the playoffs.

It's a given that the Knicks' supporting cast of players will not score as many in the playoffs, but the scorers like Lebron, Durant, and Melo will not suddenly stop scoring in the playoffs.

[/QUOTOl

Of course, The stars are going to get there's . Your right. But the Knicks average 100 points per game during the season. So far 87 and 85. I think that's what he really means.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

If you think that San Antonio won all those titles just because they had Tim Duncan you would be foolish indeed. San Antonio won those titles and continues to be in the top echelon of the NBA because they draft smart, they develop their players, they sign players that contribute, they don't make foolish trades and because of all this they have depth in every position. Tim Duncan is a shell of what he used to be. You touched on exactly what I have been saying, Duncan has won with a myriad of different players. That is the San Antonio system. It's never been one man winning all of San Antonio's games. It is the combination of all of their players. Not once in the history of the NBA has a team won because of one player alone. It's never happened.

You can't be serious.

How many championships did the Spurs win from 1976 to 1998?

It was only when Duncan became a Spur that the Spurs won championships.

KG only got past the 1st round once in Minny. That was when the Wolves got Sprewell and Cassell.

When the Celts won a championship in 2008, KG wasn't even the Finals MVP.

The Celts won championships with Russell, Cousy, Havlicek, and Bird. But the Spurs never won a single championship, even with David Robinson, until Tim Duncan became a Spur.

You are forgetting something, Greg Popovich took over the Spurs in '96. He put his system in place that continues to this day. If there is one man that you should give credit to all of the Spurs titles it should be Pop. If your premise were true, Wilt Chamberlain would have won the Finals for whatever team he played with every year that he played. Thinking that one man won every title for the Spurs is ridiculous.  I thought that you were smarter than that. I overestimated your knowledge.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

Post mortem...

Tight calling of the game except for Anthony, caused too many fouls against our stars in the first half. All of our stars were in foul trouble to start the third. We stopped playing defense in the third and the Knicks moved into the lead. In the fourth, we hardly guarded Anthony, and our stars spent too much time on the bench. 

...too bad. It looked promising.

What stars?

ooh... maybe it is time to route for the Duke Blue Devils.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Doc just said that three "horrendous fouls" on KG took us out of our offense ... not to mention those assessed to Green as well. How can your best players be aggressive when they start the second half with 3-4 fouls on them ... Stern's money machine keeps printing while the fans get stiffed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Seriously, heading into the playoffs this season, most of us Celtic fans already know that scoring has been a problem for the Celts all season long. So it's not surprising if the Celts can't even score 80 points in a playoff game.

Just look at the #2 option, KG, he only had 12 points tonight. And to think he's being paid 11m per year.

Celts played no defense in the second half. 37.5% shooting for the Knicks in the first half and more than 50% shooting in the second half. Melo was 3 for 11 in the first half and over 50% in the second half. As I recall we were ahead at the start of the second half.

Pierce was a -28 in the game. 

KG was in foul trouble early and often. The refs took KG out of the game. This never happens.

Interesting stats huh?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

You can't be serious.

It was only when Duncan became a Spur that the Spurs won championships.

KG only got past the 1st round once in Minny. That was when the Wolves got Sprewell and Cassell.

When the Celts won a championship in 2008, KG wasn't even the Finals MVP.

The Celts won championships with Russell, Cousy, Havlicek, and Bird. But the Spurs never won a single championship, even with David Robinson, until Tim Duncan became a Spur.

Hate is an interesting concept. No matter what a person does, they can do no right.

You obviously dislike KG, the most decorated player to play for the Celtics since Larry Bird.

I guess one championship in more that 20 years doesn't do if for you.  Too bad.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

TERRANCE WILLIAMS....to the....RESCUE.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

is easy to overlook Pierce offensive stats when he makes the dumbest mistakes of the whole team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

[QUOTE]

You can't be serious.

It was only when Duncan became a Spur that the Spurs won championships. Maybe the Admiral  and POP also had something to do with it.

KG only got past the 1st round once in Minny. That was when the Wolves got Sprewell and Cassell. Both old cast offs from other teams.

When the Celts won a championship in 2008, KG wasn't even the Finals MVP. But he was the leading scorer in the play-offs that year, shooting more than 50%. He was also the team's defensive leader, and changed the culture of Boston when he arrived. Russ told KG that he would have to bring others along with him if he wanted to win, and he did. While he always scored more points at a much higher percentage than Pierce before he arrived, He let Pierce be the leading scorer in the regular season, because it was more important to him to win, and Pierce wanted that distinction. It was KG's focus on team play first that made the 2008 Celtics work. While Stats win MVPs, It was KG's team first play that made the 2008 Cs the great team that they were. In my opinion, he should have gotten his second league MVP that year, but sports writes do like stats.

One player does not win championships, just ask Michael Jordan. Tim had David, Pop and a stacked team. Tim allowed them to get over the treashold. Tim is a great player but he did not win by himself.

KG on the other hand had an old Sprewell and an old Cassel, both borderline all stars in their prime. I wonder what would have happened if KG had been drafted by San Antonio, and Tim had been drafted by Sota. Due to the success KG had playing against Timmy, my guess is that KG would have the championships and Tim would probably had a very good career with lots of acholades, but who knows?

If KG had not been injured the next year in 2009, I did like the C's chance to repeat.

25. This post has been removed.