Celtics vs Knicks 04/23/13

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: Celtics vs Knicks 04/23/13

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

If you think that San Antonio won all those titles just because they had Tim Duncan you would be foolish indeed. San Antonio won those titles and continues to be in the top echelon of the NBA because they draft smart, they develop their players, they sign players that contribute, they don't make foolish trades and because of all this they have depth in every position. Tim Duncan is a shell of what he used to be. You touched on exactly what I have been saying, Duncan has won with a myriad of different players. That is the San Antonio system. It's never been one man winning all of San Antonio's games. It is the combination of all of their players. Not once in the history of the NBA has a team won because of one player alone. It's never happened.

You can't be serious.

How many championships did the Spurs win from 1976 to 1998?

It was only when Duncan became a Spur that the Spurs won championships. Maybe the Admiral  and POP also had something to do with it.

KG only got past the 1st round once in Minny. That was when the Wolves got Sprewell and Cassell. Both old cast offs from other teams.

When the Celts won a championship in 2008, KG wasn't even the Finals MVP. But he was the leading scorer in the play-offs that year, shooting more than 50%. He was also the team's defensive leader, and changed the culture of Boston when he arrived. Russ told KG that he would have to bring others along with him if he wanted to win, and he did. While he always scored more points at a much higher percentage than Pierce before he arrived, He let Pierce be the leading scorer in the regular season, because it was more important to him to win, and Pierce wanted that distinction. It was KG's focus on team play first that made the 2008 Celtics work. While Stats win MVPs, It was KG's team first play that made the 2008 Cs the great team that they were. In my opinion, he should have gotten his second league MVP that year, but sports writes do like stats.

The Celts won championships with Russell, Cousy, Havlicek, and Bird. But the Spurs never won a single championship, even with David Robinson, until Tim Duncan became a Spur.

One player does not win championships, just ask Michael Jordan. Tim had David, Pop and a stacked team. Tim allowed them to get over the treashold. Tim is a great player but he did not win by himself.

KG on the other hand had an old Sprewell and an old Cassel, both borderline all stars in their prime. I wonder what would have happened if KG had been drafted by San Antonio, and Tim had been drafted by Sota. Due to the success KG had playing against Timmy, my guess is that KG would have the championships and Tim would probably had a very good career with lots of acholades, but who knows?

If KG had not been injured the next year in 2009, I did like the C's chance to repeat.

The problem with you is you love KG too much.

Sure one player alone can't win a championship all by himself. But the fact remains that KG couldn't even get out of the 1st round without the help of Cassell and Sprewell.

11 seasons and you only got out of the 1st round once when you're a superstar 7-footer?

Paul Pierce had Tony Battie as the starting Center and Pierce and the Celts got past the 1st round numerous times.

Right now KG is averaging 10 points per game in the playoffs.

KG had his chances to be the man. In Game of the 2010 Finals and Game 7 of last season's ECF. But both times KG couldn't deliver.

Keep making excuses if you want. But all the great big men in NBA history has at least 1 Finals MVP trophy.

... No excuses. Just facts.  The rest of what your saying is silly and unworthy of a response.
    Stats win awards.  Bite on your oun bait.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Seriously, heading into the playoffs this season, most of us Celtic fans already know that scoring has been a problem for the Celts all season long. So it's not surprising if the Celts can't even score 80 points in a playoff game.

Just look at the #2 option, KG, he only had 12 points tonight. And to think he's being paid 11m per year.

KG value is not in his scoring.....It defense...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

I don't usually complain about the refs..but this is too obvious...they take us out of our offense by letting them mugg you and on the other side call ticky tack fouls...WOW...If they would call it consitant, I would not complain...but you can't beat the refs and NY....sorry...

We can't beat them, with or without the refs. 

Agreed, but Kg sat this game out...because of fowl trouble...Im not saying we win, but I think its a different game...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Seriously Ainge....Kenyon wasnt an option? hahaha

I have to believe that the reason he did'nt pick him up was he thought he was going to break up the team...but did not happen..double trouble...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Post mortem...

Tight calling of the game except for Anthony, caused too many fouls against our stars in the first half. All of our stars were in foul trouble to start the third. We stopped playing defense in the third and the Knicks moved into the lead. In the fourth, we hardly guarded Anthony, and our stars spent too much time on the bench. 

...too bad. It looked promising.

What stars?

When you are in foul trouble, you can't play the same way...and it showed..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The Three year window is officially closed!!lol

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Doc just said that three "horrendous fouls" on KG took us out of our offense ... not to mention those assessed to Green as well. How can your best players be aggressive when they start the second half with 3-4 fouls on them ... Stern's money machine keeps printing while the fans get stiffed.

Bingo. The calls on KG were ridiculous.

Not to mention that Pierce should have  to the free throw line at least ten times more. I can't believe they let Felton man handle him at the top of the key over and over again.  I guarantee if you swapped Pierce with Melo those same calls ignored on Pierce would have gotten Melo no less than 14 free throws.  Hell KG's first shots you could see a handful of jersey in  chandlers hand.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

If you think that San Antonio won all those titles just because they had Tim Duncan you would be foolish indeed. San Antonio won those titles and continues to be in the top echelon of the NBA because they draft smart, they develop their players, they sign players that contribute, they don't make foolish trades and because of all this they have depth in every position. Tim Duncan is a shell of what he used to be. You touched on exactly what I have been saying, Duncan has won with a myriad of different players. That is the San Antonio system. It's never been one man winning all of San Antonio's games. It is the combination of all of their players. Not once in the history of the NBA has a team won because of one player alone. It's never happened.

You can't be serious.

How many championships did the Spurs win from 1976 to 1998?

It was only when Duncan became a Spur that the Spurs won championships. Maybe the Admiral  and POP also had something to do with it.

KG only got past the 1st round once in Minny. That was when the Wolves got Sprewell and Cassell. Both old cast offs from other teams.

When the Celts won a championship in 2008, KG wasn't even the Finals MVP. But he was the leading scorer in the play-offs that year, shooting more than 50%. He was also the team's defensive leader, and changed the culture of Boston when he arrived. Russ told KG that he would have to bring others along with him if he wanted to win, and he did. While he always scored more points at a much higher percentage than Pierce before he arrived, He let Pierce be the leading scorer in the regular season, because it was more important to him to win, and Pierce wanted that distinction. It was KG's focus on team play first that made the 2008 Celtics work. While Stats win MVPs, It was KG's team first play that made the 2008 Cs the great team that they were. In my opinion, he should have gotten his second league MVP that year, but sports writes do like stats.

The Celts won championships with Russell, Cousy, Havlicek, and Bird. But the Spurs never won a single championship, even with David Robinson, until Tim Duncan became a Spur.

One player does not win championships, just ask Michael Jordan. Tim had David, Pop and a stacked team. Tim allowed them to get over the treashold. Tim is a great player but he did not win by himself.

KG on the other hand had an old Sprewell and an old Cassel, both borderline all stars in their prime. I wonder what would have happened if KG had been drafted by San Antonio, and Tim had been drafted by Sota. Due to the success KG had playing against Timmy, my guess is that KG would have the championships and Tim would probably had a very good career with lots of acholades, but who knows?

If KG had not been injured the next year in 2009, I did like the C's chance to repeat.

The problem with you is you love KG too much.

Sure one player alone can't win a championship all by himself. But the fact remains that KG couldn't even get out of the 1st round without the help of Cassell and Sprewell.

11 seasons and you only got out of the 1st round once when you're a superstar 7-footer?

Paul Pierce had Tony Battie as the starting Center and Pierce and the Celts got past the 1st round numerous times.

Right now KG is averaging 10 points per game in the playoffs.

KG had his chances to be the man. In Game of the 2010 Finals and Game 7 of last season's ECF. But both times KG couldn't deliver.

Keep making excuses if you want. But all the great big men in NBA history has at least 1 Finals MVP trophy.

OMG do you ever know what youre talking about??  I can name two off the top of my head that havent won an nba finals MVP... David Robinson and Elvin Hayes..

Do you just make stuff up to try and win the argument?? LOL  What a tool...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Everyone whining about the referees' calls in NY will sing a different tune when they go back to Boston and the Celtics get the benefit of the calls. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

Wrong!

Popovich had David Robinson when he took over. Did Pop and Robinson win a championship?

Fact is never your strong suit.

David Robinson was injured that season. The Spurs sucked. That's why Bob Hill was fired after a 3-15 start and Pop took over as coach. That's how they got into the lottery...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

OMG do you ever know what youre talking about??  I can name two off the top of my head that havent won an nba finals MVP... David Robinson and Elvin Hayes..

Do you just make stuff up to try and win the argument?? LOL  What a tool...

You might want to check the posts again because I clearly said David Robinson didn't win a championship until Tim Duncan became a Spur.

Elvin Hayes?

Here:

Hayes and Unseld later led the Washington Bullets to 3 NBA Finals (1975, 1978, and 1979), and an NBA title over The Seattle SuperSonics in 1978.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvin_Hayes

Elvin Hayes played with Wes Unseld when he won a championship.

Notice the pattern?

David Robinson needed Tim Duncan and Elvin Hayes needed Wes Unseld.

Elvin Hayes is not even considered one of the top 10 Centers in NBA history.

David Robinson didn't have any Finals appearance before Duncan became a Spur. So how could David Robinson win an NBA Finals trophy?

Another EPIC FAIL from Karl who's lost. 

Ugh!

Hey Brainic- As much as you like to rewrite hx to fit your needs- Any basketball junkie knows that Unseld was the center on that team(and yes, not a top 10 candidate). The Big E is easily one of the top 10 PF's ever to play the game( a 3 tool player). Ask Jabber about him. I do however, tend to agree w/ your overall argument that KG isn't an overly impressive clutch performer...We did get him on the downside of his career though. With them both being approximately the same age(KG & TIM), KG's teams have been more relevant since his time w/ Boston(KG has the last ring between them). It is basically a wash between them for clutch performances. Timmy simply had better talent surrounding him for longer periods of time and moved to the center position earlier than KG(perhaps sapping KG of relative longevity). It is unseemly that you fail to appreciate KG's tenure here in order to extoll the virtues of TIM. Perhaps another 20 years of irrelevance will have you singing a different tune...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

Superstar big men in the past 3 decades not winning a Finals MVP:

- David Robinson

- Patrick Ewing

- Karl Malone

- Kevin McHale

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

So after that "Kobe the Iron Man" fiasco you hide the GK account and you're now posting as King Snaq?

Umm... no rebutal from you? Good, that's an admission that you lied about Pop having Robinson when he took over...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts