Celtics vs Knicks game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Celtics vs Knicks game

knicks so far getting easy looks and Celts offense looks messy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Celtics vs Knicks game

I just tuned in....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Nice behind the back pass by Rondo to Green for the little jump hook...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Nice behind the back pass by Rondo to Green for the little jump hook...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

C's still giving up good shots  but we're up a point after one period.

Wish I had more to say

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Nice slam by green and trey from the corner w/ the shot clock expiring!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Anyone who thinks Jeff Green is not an intrical part of this team is out of there faulking mind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Jeff is proving he's worth his contract.

I had my doubts but so far he's great for us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

this team is the deepest celtics team in years.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Nice to know that through 2 and a half preseason games the fans are content paying Green 36 million over 4 years.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Jeff Green and Terry are my favorite newbies...they will take over some games for us...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[/QUOTE]

At least Jeff Green is playing and leading the team through 2 and a half preseason games. Can't say the same for Moultrie though.

[/QUOTE]

You were the one who (wrongly) compared Moultrie to Green. not me, so his lack of playing time on a Philly team with a LOADED frontcourt (I said Moultrie was a 4-5) proves you wrong when you said he was a perimeter face the basket combo-forward like Green. Philly has more mins available at bu SF. 

Moultrie was described in multiple NBA preview's as a nice 'big' and 'stretch 4' for Philly to develop for the future. Not a SF 'redundant' with Green as you claimed... so you are still wrong...but I guess he has his entire career ahead of him to convert from a player he never was in college to the one you predict he will be as a pro (with no facts or stats to back you up or knowledge of his game).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

And your post seems to imply I may not have wanted Green on the team.

I was 100% for the Jeff Green signing... there was some risk involved and even with no heart condition he was overpaid based on his OKC performance, 36m was all based on DA/Doc assuming a big future impact at SF.

But I was 100% for it.

He is a desperately needed upgrade to Pietrus and 'Quis types if we are going to contend. But similar players on contenders whose role he will fill (like Posey. Ariza, Battier) made half of what he does... so we overpaid until he proves it... but I love that we have him.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We're going to have a lot of fun, Celtic fans. Unlike the previous years, no more waiting for Ray to get open. The offense is very dynamic and unpredictable. This could be the year, since 1999-00, that Paul Pierce is not the the Celts' leading scorer.

[/QUOTE]

I would'nt be surprise if we have one of the best records in the league early on..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

WOW!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like I said, rame, the Celts didn't draft Moultrie because they know Moultrie is more Jeff Green than KG. It is what it is.

[/QUOTE]

You have no idea why the Celtics passed on Moultrie for Melo, hopefully it is just that Melo projects to be a better C than moultrie a PF-C, but if he was on this team Green and his 8-10 mins at PF would hardly be interfering with Moultrie's ability to get on the court, he'd be battling Bass, KG, sully and Wilcox.

It makes much more sense to draft a legit 7' bigger body to stash at the D-league for a year in Melo, I am coming around to that, over moultrie or Jones III. But i digress, saying a 6'11" rebound machine with a poor outside shot compares to a 6'8"-6'9" mediocre rebounder with a good outside shot is not accurate, if only you were man enough to admit making a poor comparison, but even months later with even more facts against you, you cannot be a man

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Time will tell if Melo is a better C than Moultrie, point is Melo prjects to a traditional bigger 5 and Moultrie the currently popular Bosh/Ibaka 'stretch 5'... Nobody was comparing Sully, a top 10 pick before back concerns, to Moultrie as far as who to pick. Last I checked Melo isn't playing much either and in Bynum, Hawes, Kwame and LaVoy Allen the Sixers are 100% loaded upfront.

Oh and they have a Jeff Green clone in Thaddeus Young... guess they didn't think Moultrie was redudant with him, or Iggy who they had at the time, and turner plays some SF. In fact they traded a future first to move out of the 2nd rd to get him, likely to play Bosh down the road.

So please, grasp at all the straws you want, this is a stupid argument and one you lost long ago.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Melo may turn out to be good, but I was upset we passed on PJIII.......he could be better than both Moultrie and Melo!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts