1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Celtics vs. Knicks

In response to shines01's comment:

Brooks is LOST on defense

Brooks looks like a Knick right now!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

So 37, correct me if I'm wrong, but acording to the logic then teams MVPs should always in the trade discussions?  I don't see it.  Do GMs always want their guys to be anxious about moving to another team?  I understand it's a business and even the great ones occasionally get traded but that's the exception not the rule

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

* even when rebuillding

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

But, these are better discussions to be having than "woe is us, we will  be mediocre for the foreseeable future"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

"Brooks is lost" is right

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

So 37, correct me if I'm wrong, but acording to the logic then teams MVPs should always in the trade discussions?  I don't see it.  Do GMs always want their guys to be anxious about moving to another team?  I understand it's a business and even the great ones occasionally get traded but that's the exception not the rule

If a guy is under a reasonable contract (Rondo Is) and he has a lot of talent (Rondo does) and a team is looking to rebuild (the Celtics are) then there is no reason to not talk about possible trades. 

I am not saying that Rondo will be traded. I am just responding to you saying that people shouldnt' talk about it. It is going to be talked about until Rondo is traded or the team becomes a contender again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

But, these are better discussions to be having than "woe is us, we will  be mediocre for the foreseeable future"

agreed...and we are managing to do it without insulting each other even.  Ha.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

I don't see the trade to tank happening.  To me it is amazing how detrimental it was for the Celts to continue to feature old stars making everybody adjust to them.  The youth on this team is allowing them to play a totally different brand of bastetball.

Celts don't need to trade to tank.

Just trade Lee, Bass, Humpy, and Wallace.

Removing 2 out of those 4 will change how the Celts play.

All 4 players are not part of the future plans, so moving them is a no-brainer.

I don't see that size of trade happening.  Brad Stevens is a very special coach. Danny is not going to bring about that level of disruption.  He would want to give Brad an opportunity to make something happen.  Unless a Brooklyn level trade drops into his lap.

Perhaps Lee or Bass or both.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

This team is a good "team" right now.  I know the Knicks are falling apart but it's a great comparison between two different teams going in two different directions.  The Celtic players bought into their coach early on and we're lucky to have a franchise going about things the right way.  I want to see this team make the playoffs and upset somebody.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I admit I love Rondo.  I love excellent point guards because they remind me of Magic....anyone who sees the floor and thinks ahead of the pack impresses me.  Plus Rondo has a lot of grit.  I like the way he has improved his shooting and free throws.  He got the Larry Bird endorsement which is invaluable.  I realize the guy has some flaws.  I've been saying for three years he needs to shoot more because he stops the offense sometimes by not taking shots in the flow and allowing the sag.  Lastly, I realize the great ones get traded and it often makes no difference or improves the overall team.

Having said that, to me, Rondo is the kind of player who comes along once in a generation.  You don't let that go if it can be avoided.  It's a bias I admit.  I can't see the oter commodity of equal value.  We don't need a small forward or a power forward.  We need a solid veteran center and I don't think we need to give up Rondo to get it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I agree that this team is almost earning it's right to stay together for the year. If they start to beat Western teams then I'll start to believe anything is possible, maybe they can catch lightning in a bottle and make a miracle run.  I mean, who thought the sox would do anything this year.

the thing about Bass that's hard to let go when thinking about a trade is that he D's up Lebron and Melo exceptionally well, in a relative sense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Does anyone think Tyson Chandler would make all that much difference to the Knicks?  What HAPPENED to JR Smith?  Where was Felton today?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I admit I love Rondo.  I love excellent point guards because they remind me of Magic....anyone who sees the floor and thinks ahead of the pack impresses me.  Plus Rondo has a lot of grit.  I like the way he has improved his shooting and free throws.  He got the Larry Bird endorsement which is invaluable.  I realize the guy has some flaws.  I've been saying for three years he needs to shoot more because he stops the offense sometimes by not taking shots in the flow and allowing the sag.  Lastly, I realize the great ones get traded and it often makes no difference or improves the overall team.

Having said that, to me, Rondo is the kind of player who comes along once in a generation.  You don't let that go if it can be avoided.  It's a bias I admit.  I can't see the oter commodity of equal value.  We don't need a small forward or a power forward.  We need a solid veteran center and I don't think we need to give up Rondo to get it.

And when you put it that way I can't disagree with you a whole lot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Bass looks like he has been let out of a cage

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

solid veteran center or a catlike stud like Embiid* who can give us the around-the-basket defense we need

this team is pretty good...I'm very pleasantly surprised

like say....in Danny we trust

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Bass looks like he has been let out of a cage

Loved his game today, from the opening tip

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I can hardly wait for us to beat the crap out of the Clippers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If Bradley and Crawford keep out playing the other teams guards, we will win a lot more than we lose.  The C's looked faster and much more athletic than the Knicks. Stevens is allowing everyone to play their game, and the players are becoming more at ease and confident knowing that. 

I can't wait to see how we go about trying to guard Lopez, when we play the Nets.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

as beat up as that team is he's probably the only one the celtics have to worry about guarding.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I do no disagree with the observation but I have started wondering how much of that was caused by Doc implementing a system to maximize the minutes and production of aging stars and forcing the younger guys to adjust.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

When Green is playing well, he is a really good player. On offense he can be unstopable, and on defense he is capable of slowing anyone he guards down. With Green, Bradley, Bass and Wallace, we have the makings of a great defensive team.  I think the game today was as much about the defense we played on the Knicks, as it was about the offense. We made it hard for them to get good looks and that helped take them off their game.

Did anyone notice when Smith threw Bradley down, Humphries was the first Celtic to get there.  That's another thing i like about Humphries.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

When Green is playing well, he is a really good player. On offense he can be unstopable, and on defense he is capable of slowing anyone he guards down. With Green, Bradley, Bass and Wallace, we have the makings of a great defensive team.  I think the game today was as much about the defense we played on the Knicks, as it was about the offense. We made it hard for them to get good looks and that helped take them off their game.

Did anyone notice when Smith threw Bradley down, Humphries was the first Celtic to get there.  That's another thing i like about Humphries.

true!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I love this team!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I love this team!

+33

Sections
Shortcuts