Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject

In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject:
    I see you still did not answer my question. Here it is again for you - Tell me when the last time the Celtics won back to back titles? Now that is really FUNNY. I understand that you are too young to remember, but you could at least google it, and give an answer.
    Posted by koberulz

68-69 now shut up

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

What are you talking about? Why are you trying to change the subject and talk about the 80s? Celtics Big 3 of the 80s - How many back to back titles did they win?

I'm just sayin'

Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I'm a geezer...? ...ok by me....you see, I got to enjoy all the decades of great basketball....by the comments coming in I'd say very few Laker fans have seen too many...good thing google is around.....and I'm still here enjoying the latest run of Celtic basketball....I am a Dodger fan and it sucks right now (well, in fact it has for over 20+ years)....but I'm also a Sox fan and loving it!!! Bruins finally won.....I will admit to not being a Patriot fan....you see, I'm still a Ram fan wishing that they would move back to LA.....so, anyway....it's all good....thanks for thinking of me!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject:
    What are you talking about? Why are you trying to change the subject and talk about the 80s? Celtics Big 3 of the 80s - How many back to back titles did they win? I'm just sayin'
    Posted by koberulz

Where's Rico today?  Showing your true colors, you fraud??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Red-Russ, I know you are not very smart, and your comments make that evident, but for the last time. Rico is a Celtic fan, I am a Laker fan. I'm just sayin'

Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

I have not heard from kobeismrnba lately. It is quite hilarious that you really think that I am RicoCeltic. I am entirely too biased of a Laker fan.

Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I have not heard from kobeismrnba lately. It is quite hilarious that you really think that I am RicoCeltic. I am entirely too biased of a Laker fan.
    Posted by koberulz

You are entirely too immature to even realize how obvious you are - JUST SAYIN'

Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

Princeton has the most MLB titles??  That is news to me.  Didn't realize Princeton played Major League Baseball.  Failing less often are actual victories?  OK so that means the Celtics had a more successful season this year than the Lakers because the Celtics went 5-4 in the playoffs and the Lakers went 4-6.  So we agree based on what you are saying the Celtics had a more successful season this year right?  Awesome....another victory for the Celtics!!!

Princeton didn't have most MLB titles, but knowing that you have no answers to the signifance of ancient time championships (like Princeton's college football championships), why not play dumb? I mean, what else can you do?

"Failing less often are victories"? You mean you don't know you need victories to fail less often? Looks like you need more reading comprehension...

Yep, Celtics had another victory this season. Glad that you have something to celebrate: a 1-4 drubbing by the Heat. I mean, for seasons that both of our teams flame out in the 2nd round, that should be cause for celebrations for a team with 21-year drought.

I didn't ask you about top 20 players of college basketball but since you mentioned it now of all of sudden you don't follow college basketball??  You seem to know about UCLA and all the championships they won??  There goes that hypocrisy thing again. 

Wow, you mean you have to know the top 20 players of college basketball in order to know UCLA's 11 basketball championships and Al Scates? Ummm... you don't have to showcase your weak logic again and again...

Just goes to show what a fraud and coward you are.  Well since you fail to answer any of my questions then I win.  Game over.

Yep, keep bragging you win, game over, blah, blah, blah. For someone who was wimp out in many arguments, can't blame you for that...

I mean, are you going to answer why Celtics only had 49 chances? No.
    Are you going to tell us howcome Princton weren't the #1 powerhouse in college football if you want to use the Yankees as example? No.
    Are you going to tell us why you emphasize on the Lakers' final record of 16-15 and .516 winning % if you dont' want to dwell on negatives? No

But hey, declare it "I win", "game over" should be a good move.

Thanks for playing.  You avoid my questions because you know your answers will go against all the lame arguments that you put up throughout this posts.  So also please point out where I contradicted myself?

Sure, you still haven't had the guts to answer the questions. I'll ask again. What about "made the playoffs 49 times"? How many seasons did they play in the NBA? Are those 16 seasons they played in the NBA chances or not?

Yes? then you lied when you said "The Lakers had 58 chances to win the NBA title and only did it 16 times.  The Celtics had 49 chances to win the NBA title and did it 17 times. "

No? then you lied when you said "I never said the Celtics only had 49 seasons in the NBA."

Oh wait that is another question that you won't answer.    Keep counting your moral victories son.  It will get you far in life.  Maybe it will get you out of your mothers house one day and into the real world.
    Posted by rampageimt23

I don't have to count moral victories. That's for someone who needs to count the Celtics 4-1 drubbing as victory. Afterall, how many more rounds than the Lakers did the Celtics win? I see...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Oh great, soccer Mom is back!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : You are entirely too immature to even realize how obvious you are - JUST SAYIN'
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

If that is truly the case, then imagine how immature and ridiculous you really are, considering RicoCeltic and I are 2 different people. Laughing  It is really quite obvious that he likes the Celtics, and I like the Lakers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Red-Russ, why do you keep responding to all of my post, and then tell me to back off, like it is wrong for me to respond to you?  I am just correcting your ludicris claims of me and RicoCeltic being the same person. If anything, why not just ignore me, like you always claim to do with others? Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : You remember every thing I say, I better watch my mouth. I told you before I like your spirit but this aint no homer blog, you're in L.A. so how can that make you a Boston homer? I am going to tell something red-russ, I think you are really a Laker fan. Know why? Because you can be high spirited but you always more or less keep it respectful, and that is precisely why you are a true Laker fan. Why? Because Boston fans are, without a doubt, the most abrasive, denying, loud mouthed Archie Bunkers on the planet. So you see, you can't possibly be a Celtic fan. That, and the fact that you live in L.A. Naw, you're a Laker. And, russ, we're gonna win it next year. Welcome home.
    Posted by lakersavenger

Avenger, you may be onto something here.

I've just uncovered two Laker agents in this forum, one just revealed that the Lakers had won 17 championships (by including the 1947-48 NBL championships), and relegated the Celtics to 2nd place (17-48 vs the Lakers' 17-47). Now, I knew that long time ago, but coming from my post wouldn't be as convincing. Coming from a supposedly PP fan should make the NBL championship legit...

The other one did a great job by stating that the Celtics only had 49 chances to win the championships. Oh, it's really a reminder that the Celtics missed the playoffs 16 times!!!

I mean, Celtics fans, when you have friends like that, you don't need enemies...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Red-Russ, why do you keep responding to all of my post, and then tell me to back off, like it is wrong for me to respond to you?  I am just correcting your ludicris claims of me and RicoCeltic being the same person. If anything, why not just ignore me, like you always claim to do with others?
    Posted by koberulz

Bass ackwards as always - it is YOU who respond to me.  Try this - DON'T respond to this one, and see what happens.  You seem to be too shallow and self-centered to handle the totally justified criticism of your team.  You either need to grow a pair, or stop responding to me!  YOU put ME on ignore, since you can't handle it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

maggic, SO you think a title means more...Hey your opinion is opinion..JUST KNOW IT ISNT fact...Ill go by what the league says not what the people who are fans of teams with less titles say... BEcause I can say this..If bill russell didnt win his titles..Would a little kid from michigan want to play bball in Magic Johnson?...If the russel and wilt rivalry didnt happen???....... So thats why your this title means more than that bs has just been shattered...Or did kobe just want to be an nba player WITHOUT EVER KNOWING WHAT HIS DAD DID FOR WORK...
    Posted by DoctorCO

Simple, because greatness is not determined by sheer # of titles. That's not just an opinion. That's a practice...

1) GOAT 6 rings only, yet he easily beats out the one with 11 rings for that GOAT honor.

2) Many people here claimed that Red is the greatest COACH, even though his sheer # rings as coach is 2nd best.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3a53908ec3-ddb3-4587-82e5-a059628bfc12&plckCurrentPage=1

HedleyLamar: A Wikapedia quote - how nice.  Very impressive record, certainly a HOF coach.  Can't deny his coaching ability.  He deserves all the accolades he can get.

He is just NO Red, that's all!

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3afdb4d29e-9d71-46f2-9580-241aa4fd7dd2&plckCurrentPage=1

btownteamsrking: phil is a joke compared to Red.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3adc114cac-a46a-4e61-be39-a79e1473cb84&plckCurrentPage=1

Red-16Russ-11: This is about Red Auerbach........and my  claim he is the greatest pro coach of al-time

See, public opinions don't just count titles. Even Celtic fans don't count rings alone as long as they see fit. That should convince you that sheer # titles are not enough...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : You get extra points for winning back to backs?  Right now another Lakers are still 1 short of 17. Get back to me when the Lakers get another back to back. Until that happens the Lakers are still in 2nd place behind the 1st place Celtics.   
    Posted by Fiercest34

Well, you told us all that the Lakers played in the NBL, starting in 1947-48. Who won the 1947-48 NBL championship?

Your fellow Celtics fans may not know it, but you know it full well that the Lakers had 17 championships, because you COUNTED THAT NBL SEASON!!!!

17 titles from Faul Fierce's mouth. I still can't believe that you expose yourself as a Laker agent. If you need protections, let me, avenger and koberulez know...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

WOW - do you save these on hard drive?  My posts are hidden.  You are a sick, sick person. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

First: 6/2/2011
    Last: 6/27/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3a629a8a2b-85aa-48d5-92e7-2b7b97f9afef&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion:629a8a2b-85aa-48d5-92e7-2b7b97f9afefPost:bc46dbbb-57ab-4e1d-bf62-67cd0b98a892">Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject:
    Red-Russ, why do you keep responding to all of my post, and then tell me to back off, like it is wrong for me to respond to you?  I am just correcting your ludicris claims of me and RicoCeltic being the same person. If anything, why not just ignore me, like you always claim to do with others?
    Posted by koberulz

Bass ackwards as always - it is YOU who respond to me.  Try this - DON'T respond to this one, and see what happens.  You seem to be too shallow and self-centered to handle the totally justified criticism of your team.  You either need to grow a pair, or stop responding to me!  YOU put ME on ignore, since you can't handle it.
    ----------------------------------
    Yes, since I cant handle it?  Laughing

You act like I am the one that cried and threatened to report you..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Red-16Russ-11 Posts: 465 First: 6/2/2011 Last: 6/27/2011 In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3a629a8a2b-85aa-48d5-92e7-2b7b97f9afef&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion:629a8a2b-85aa-48d5-92e7-2b7b97f9afefPost:bc46dbbb-57ab-4e1d-bf62-67cd0b98a892 " /> Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : Red-Russ, why do you keep responding to all of my post, and then tell me to back off, like it is wrong for me to respond to you?  I am just correcting your ludicris claims of me and RicoCeltic being the same person. If anything, why not just ignore me, like you always claim to do with others? Posted by koberulz Bass ackwards as always - it is YOU who respond to me.  Try this - DON'T respond to this one, and see what happens.  You seem to be too shallow and self-centered to handle the totally justified criticism of your team.  You either need to grow a pair, or stop responding to me!  YOU put ME on ignore, since you can't handle it. ---------------------------------- Yes, since I cant handle it?  You act like I am the one that cried and threatened to report you..
    Posted by koberulz

Boring - wake me up when you say something intelligent!!  I'll be waiting Rip Van!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Laker trolls have to go back to the days of Magic Johnson, 24 years to be exact, to find Laker greatness. I wonder why?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Well, that was the last time you guys had make it to the finals, so whose fault is that? We can't show our greatness against the Kotex if you guys never show up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

How bout them   opps forgot they do not have a NFL team.
    Posted by genaro008

How about them...oh, forgot, the Patriots moved out of Boston years ago.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : How about them...oh, forgot, the Patriots moved out of Boston years ago.
    Posted by lakersavenger

About the same time the lakers moved out of Inglewood!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : It's funny because Laker fans have to go to the Celtics forum just to brag about how great the Lakers are. You see any Bulls fans here bragging about their 6-0 Finals record?  When you are truly great you don't have to brag because everyone knows it! And who are you kidding, all of you Laker trolls were never here when the Lakers were just a 1st round team in 2006 and 2007. You all started showing up after 2008. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34

We came around later because the CS started to show some competitivness after 22 years of sissyness. But don't worry, soon we'll be moving on to more fertile competitive ground. But we'll be back in aobut 20 or 30 years.

Moohoohahahaha!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

I see you still did not answer my question. Here it is again for you - Tell me when the last time the Celtics won back to back titles? Now that is really FUNNY. I understand that you are too young to remember, but you could at least google it, and give an answer.
    Posted by koberulz

Ya gotta ask Duke that question. He's the only one old enough here to remember.

Sections
Shortcuts