Celtics vs. Magic

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Celtics vs. Magic

5 Things Celtics must do to win tonight - Magic 1/19

After blowing a huge lead to the Lakers on Friday, the Celtics will, yet again, look to begin their run to the playoffs tonight when they head down to Orlando for a battle with the 10-30 Magic. Now, looking at their record, I'm assuming that the Celtics are the better team here, although I still don't think they'll win. I mean, lately they've shown absolutely no interest in doing so, so why should I expect them to suddenly turn it around tonight? Anyway, now that I've said that, here's tonight's five things:  

5. GIVE HUMPHRIES MORE PLAYING TIME: Against the Lakers, Kris Humphries, despite the fact that he's been awesome all year, played just 11 minutes, which severely limited his production. So yea, tonight Stevens really has to make sure he gets out there.  

4. KEEP LETTING OLYNYK SNOOT On Friday, Kelly Olynyk finally showed us how good he can be, leading the Celtics with 25 points on 11/17 shooting. I doubt he'll be able to replicate that performance anytime soon, but hey, why not let him try to?  

3. GET BETTER SHOOTING FROM GREEN: As always, Jeff Green couldn't buy a basket against the Lakers, scoring just a measly 4 points on 4/12 shooting. Now let's be honest, he probably won't turn it around tonight, but I have hope he can.   

2. GET MORE PRODUCTION FROM RONDO: In his first game back on Friday, Rajon Rondo unsurprisingly struggled, recording just 4 assists while scoring just 8 points. Now unlike Green, I think he'll turn it around tonight, but he's still gotta make sure I'm correct.   

1. FINISH STRONG: If this Celtics team could just keep it together in the fourth quarter, they'd have a lot more wins this season. But, since they haven't, I guess we just gotta hope they do tonight.   

Anyway, this one'll tip-off tonight at 6:00 pm ET. You can see it on CSN New England and FSN Florida. Enjoy it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Go Celtics! It will be interestong to see how RR plays after his seasond debut! 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:

[QUOTE]

Go Celtics! It will be interestong to see how RR plays after his seasond debut! 

[/QUOTE]

Mployee says Rondo is already a 3-point shooter.

HAHAHA

Rondo and the Celts will not win many games if Rondo doesn't become a 3-point shooter.

Brad Stevens' system is an equal opportunity offense.

It means the plays are designed to get players open shots.

If Rondo gets open from the 3-point line and he passes up the  s-h-o-t, it screws up the offense.

[/QUOTE]

The Cs have no consistent 3-pt threat! Opposing teams simply have to pack the paint to beat the Cs!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Pre-game notes:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Rajon Rondo made it through his return just fine on Friday and is set to go against the Magic here this evening. But he will be on the same minutes restriction, set to go just 20 minutes as he makes his way back from a torn right ACL.

"I'm alive. I'm walking. I'm well," Rondo said today. "I feel fine. It's been a while since I played, but I'm fine."

As for the minutes limitation that saw him go approximately five minutes in each quarter during the loss to the Lakers, he said, "That's about all I can do probably is 5-5-5-5.

"I'm not the first guy to do this, and I won’t be the last, so I'll adapt and I'll adjust and make the best of 20 minutes."

Brad Stevens confirmed the overall plan, saying, "From what I've been told, it's similar again, and I'm guess it will be at least for the first week, maybe more. Again, how we divvy those up or how we space those out, I don’t know what the answer is to that. I do think it's important that he's playing at the end like he did the other night. That's part of getting back into the groove of things."

Looking back on Rondo's eight-point, four-assist opener, Stevens said, "The one good thing about limited minutes is it takes a lot less time to watch those minutes, so we sat down and watched a good portion of that.

"Obviously you knew the first five minutes would be tough. The second five minutes were great. The third five minutes I thought were solid, and the fourth five minutes I thought he did a pretty solid job, as well. I thought we got the ball to the right people."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

lotta up & down basketball rght now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Bayless backing up the PG position - 4-quick points!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

AB has been struggling with his perimeter jumpshot.  5-20 Friday and starting out 0-4 today.

He's got to get it back.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm watching the Magic broadcast.

Hey Mployee, it's Indian night at the Amway Center.

Miss America is Indian-American.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

And a Knicks fan. Knew there was something about her I didn't like.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Hump solid as usual. Sully a non-factor so far. Good to see an ally-oop play. Forgot what they looked like.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hump solid as usual. Sully a non-factor so far. Good to see an ally-oop play. Forgot what they looked like.

[/QUOTE]

That's why I think Ainge can get a 1st round pick for Humpy.

[/QUOTE]

agree.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

looks like rondo is lost. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's why I think Ainge can get a 1st round pick for Humpy.

[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome. Or resign him. Though I don't think we'll get the price tag we'ld want.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

getting scrappy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

just 4 fast break points for the C's in this game. wow.... Orlando has 2.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

what's the deal with Kelly's low top sneakers?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

This game is terrible.  We are shooting 23% from 3-point range.  We are not a good shooting team.

Pressey can't throw it in the ocean standing on the beach but two Magic players follow him and leave Bass alone under the basket.  I love Pressey's court vision but this kid cannot make a basket to save his life.

You know what, Hump is our best player right now.  I'm not basing it on tonight but lately he has been the most consistent Celtic.

I used the words "s-h-o-t" and "s-h-o-o-t" and when I clicked "Add your post", I was alerted that those words are banned.  Huh?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

what's the deal with Kelly's low top sneakers?

[/QUOTE]

Lighter, for a little extra ups.

Sections
Shortcuts