Celtics vs Nuggets 02/19/13

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Celtics vs Nuggets 02/19/13

We do not have a pure rebounder as one of the announcers said !!!

We shoot .443 to their .429 but same old story, we lose the rebound battle 45 to 39 so they got 6 extra chances and many of them they jsut put in the rebound(nobody boxed out Faried) & we got outscored 42 to 32 in the paint.

Yup, I'd do a Rondo for Howard trade in a heartbeat !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Ill tell you Bass's bball IQ is close to zero...

+1

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

youre insane if you think this is on doc. go hide. 20 more freethrow points, really? PP 2 for like 12? that is not the norm. nor docs fault

If you read my post Einstein, I said a lot of it was on him because he refused to take Pierce out of the game...Pierce couldnt hit a shot and he couldnt guard my grandmother... Lee was having a great game yet he sat on the pine until Doc puts it hiim with a few minutes to go and down by 8.... enough said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The latest on the trade front:

Yahoos Adrian Wojnarowski brings us up to date on the Celtics and Clippers trade talk:

For now, the Los Angeles Clippers have terminated talks with the Boston Celtics on a Kevin Garnett forEric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan trade, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Celtics have been eager to continue the conversation on the deal, but league sources said the talks will remain dormant unless Clippers star Chris Paul pushes the issue with management.

Several prominent executives and coaches with championship contenders told Yahoo! Sports they believe the Clippers would become more dangerous with Garnett.

Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro is a proponent of the deal, too, sources said.

The Celtics wont consider moving Garnett to the Clippers for any other combination of players, and wont revisit the talks unless Bledsoe and Jordan are in the package, sources said.

Boston hasnt approached Garnett to waive his no-trade clause without an agreement in place, but there is strong belief he would ultimately agree to it. Whats more, Boston could simply trade Paul Pierceand leave Garnett with even less desire to finish his career with a young, rebuilding roster.

I dont believe the Clippers for one second. This is Negotiating 101. They are simply trying to get Danny Ainge to lower his asking price.

Heres the real bomb in Wojs story:

If the Celtics trade Garnett before the deadline, they would move Pierce, too, sources said. For the Celtics, the chance to get Bledsoe and Jordan could be a prelude to trying to package Pierce in a possible deal to the Atlanta Hawks for Josh Smith, sources said.

The Hawks also have discussed sending Pierce onto a third team in some previous conversations around the league. The Nets are trying to make a deal for Smith, too, and have offered Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, and either a future first-round pick or the draft rights to Croatian Bojan Bogdanovic, sources said.

Whoa. Not sure I can process two blockbuster trades that strip this Celtics team of their heart and soul.

Sigh

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

We do not have a pure rebounder as one of the announcers said !!!

We shoot .443 to their .429 but same old story, we lose the rebound battle 45 to 39 so they got 6 extra chances and many of them they jsut put in the rebound(nobody boxed out Faried) & we got outscored 42 to 32 in the paint.

Yup, I'd do a Rondo for Howard trade in a heartbeat !!!

Sully would have gotten some of those rb'ees...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Denver comes in waves don't they?  We blew it in the third quarter when KG sat and the ball stuck.  Great game for Jeff Green....really cool to see him play like that.  C'est lavie.  Go get LA tomorrow.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski brings us up to date on the Celtics and Clippers trade talk:

For now, the Los Angeles Clippers have terminated talks with the Boston Celtics on a Kevin Garnett forEric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan trade, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Celtics have been eager to continue the conversation on the deal, but league sources said the talks will remain dormant unless Clippers star Chris Paul pushes the issue with management.

Several prominent executives and coaches with championship contenders told Yahoo! Sports they believe the Clippers would become more dangerous with Garnett.

The Celtics won’t consider moving Garnett to the Clippers for any other combination of players, and won’t revisit the talks unless Bledsoe and Jordan are in the package, sources said.

Boston hasn’t approached Garnett to waive his no-trade clause without an agreement in place, but there’s strong belief he would ultimately agree to it. What’s more, Boston could simply trade Paul Pierceand leave Garnett with even less desire to finish his career with a young, rebuilding roster.

I don’t believe the Clippers for one second. This is Negotiating 101. They are simply trying to get Danny Ainge to lower his asking price.

Here’s the real bomb in Woj’s story:

If the Celtics trade Garnett before the deadline, they would move Pierce, too, sources said. For the Celtics, the chance to get Bledsoe and Jordan could be a prelude to trying to package Pierce in a possible deal to the Atlanta Hawks for Josh Smith, sources said.

The Hawks also have discussed sending Pierce onto a third team in some previous conversations around the league. The Nets are trying to make a deal for Smith, too, and have offered Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, and either a future first-round pick or the draft rights to Croatian Bojan Bogdanovic, sources said.

Whoa. Not sure I can process two blockbuster trades that strip this Celtics team of their heart and soul.

Sigh…

That explains tonights' shooting fiasco by the captain...un

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

As much as I want to be the lakers tomorrow, I doubt it happens... LA will be all fired up for Jerry Buss and rightfully so....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

At least Fab gets 7-seconds of development time! 

lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski brings us up to date on the Celtics and Clippers trade talk:

The Celtics won’t consider moving Garnett to the Clippers for any other combination of players, and won’t revisit the talks unless Bledsoe and Jordan are in the package, sources said.

Boston hasn’t approached Garnett to waive his no-trade clause without an agreement in place, but there’s strong belief he would ultimately agree to it. What’s more, Boston could simply trade Paul Pierceand leave Garnett with even less desire to finish his career with a young, rebuilding roster.

I don’t believe the Clippers for one second. This is Negotiating 101. They are simply trying to get Danny Ainge to lower his asking price.

Here’s the real bomb in Woj’s story:

Sigh…

That explains tonights' shooting fiasco by the captain...un

There is allot of posturing going on! 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Give us the scoop DA!!! 

Some he said/she said stuff with less than two days to go before the trade deadline. Here's Danny Ainge:

I’m not trading Rajon Rondo away for discounted dollars because he’s hurt. We collectively as an organization have decided not to do that.

And now Chris Broussard:

Sources say Boston willing to trade injured PG Rajon Rondo in right deal.

For one reason or another a lot of fans dislike Broussard and think he makes stuff up, but personally I believe what he's saying. Ainge has been shopping Rondo for YEARS. For the "right deal" he'd 100% trade him. Now Ainge saying he's not shopping Rondo doesn't really mean much as every GM always denies shopping their stars. Maybe Ainge has decided not to shop Rondo this deadline (probably because due to the ACL tear he could only get 50 cents on the dollar), but don't just dismiss the possibility because Ainge says so. 

I'd be shocked if Ainge traded Rondo this week. No one ever gives up good value for injured players. I do think as long as Rondo and Ainge are both in Boston, Rondo's name will always come up in trade talks. It's just that right now is the least likely time for something to happen. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

36 free throws for Denver and only 16 for Boston.

The fix was in.

The fix was in?

HAHAHA

FYI, Kirk, Denver leads the league in points in the paint. 

The Celts will not get to the FT line if they keep shooting jumpers. 

You were watching the game, right? 

Exactly... and we are a hacking team especially when a team is a lot quicker... I honestly didnt see any fouls called on us that were very questionable.... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Give us the scoop DA!!! 

Some he said/she said stuff with less than two days to go before the trade deadline. Here's Danny Ainge:

I’m not trading Rajon Rondo away for discounted dollars because he’s hurt. We collectively as an organization have decided not to do that.

And now Chris Broussard:

Sources say Boston willing to trade injured PG Rajon Rondo in right deal.

For one reason or another a lot of fans dislike Broussard and think he makes stuff up, but personally I believe what he's saying. Ainge has been shopping Rondo for YEARS. For the "right deal" he'd 100% trade him. Now Ainge saying he's not shopping Rondo doesn't really mean much as every GM always denies shopping their stars. Maybe Ainge has decided not to shop Rondo this deadline (probably because due to the ACL tear he could only get 50 cents on the dollar), but don't just dismiss the possibility because Ainge says so. 

I'd be shocked if Ainge traded Rondo this week. No one ever gives up good value for injured players. I do think as long as Rondo and Ainge are both in Boston, Rondo's name will always come up in trade talks. It's just that right now is the least likely time for something to happen. 

I dont trust Broussard.... why would any smart GM give us a really quality player in exchange for someone who just tore his ACL and is a question mark?  Perfect example is Rose... he may never be the player he was or if he does come all the way back itll be at least another year...

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

The fix was in.

The fix was in?

HAHAHA

Exactly... and we are a hacking team especially when a team is a lot quicker... I honestly didnt see any fouls called on us that were very questionable.... 

How about every foul they gave Gallinari?

He's really quick....not.

yeah but most of those fouls were either on Pierce (really slow) or an undersized guard...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

The fix was in.

The fix was in?

HAHAHA

yeah but most of those fouls were either on Pierce (really slow) or an undersized guard...

Bad calls. They put a dress on Gallinari tonight.

It was a disgrace.

Ha...ok if you say so....the Cs didnt deserve to win fouls or not....just face it they were not the better team tonight

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

The fix was in.

The fix was in?

HAHAHA

Bad calls. They put a dress on Gallinari tonight.

It was a disgrace.

Ha...ok if you say so....the Cs didnt deserve to win fouls or not....just face it they were not the better team tonight

Not the way I saw it.

I could see in the first half the refs were going to decide this game...and they did.

Im really really curious as to why you think they would do that?

Sections
Shortcuts