Celtics vs Pacers game thread 01/04/13

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Celtics vs Pacers game thread 01/04/13

Could this be the team we were expecting? 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Bass, Lee, and Green for Amare Stoudamire!

Garbage for garbage!

I still prefer our 'garbage'.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

THIS, my friend...is Celtics Basketball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

U've heard that Fierce? Bradley and Lee in the back court: wow!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

they arent playing together...pay attention, he is saying they have been playing great defensive basketball from the TWO spot. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

clang, clang...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

just wat Doc has been saying..We get stops..move in transition, get better shots on offense.

Rondo has been getting DESTROYED on this board for not pushing the ball up the court. Well, its hard to push the ball all the time after made baskets. When we get stops, he is relentlessly moving in transition.

Maybe....and maybe he's just doing something different tonight.  Either way, I hope he keeps it up and doesn't resort to pounding the ball.     No doubt that good defense certainly makes us a better team, though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Are the Pacers bad or are we waking up as a team.  I sure hope we are waking up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

they arent playing together...pay attention, he is saying they have been playing great defensive basketball from the TWO spot. 

I'd like to see them together. Rondo, Bradley, Lee and Barbosa is a nice guard rotation. Terry should be the odd man out, not the Blur.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

RR cant shoot?

that is a myth

42-27

he is playing injured tonite

and looks good

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

just wat Doc has been saying..We get stops..move in transition, get better shots on offense.

Rondo has been getting DESTROYED on this board for not pushing the ball up the court. Well, its hard to push the ball all the time after made baskets. When we get stops, he is relentlessly moving in transition.

Maybe....and maybe he's just doing something different tonight.  Either way, I hope he keeps it up and doesn't resort to pounding the ball.     No doubt that good defense certainly makes us a better team, though.

yea, i mean we all know Rondo pushes the ball in transition better than most in the league. THe difference between this year and years past is we arent getting stops. Our defense has been so bad. Not saying Rondo has a 100% habit rate of pushing the ball, but its obv what he will do with the ball when we are playing defense like we are tonight.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

I'd like to see them together. Rondo, Bradley, Lee and Barbosa is a nice guard rotation. Terry should be the odd man out, not the Blur.

i think thats where theres an issue. Terry is too deadly of a scorer to sit on the bench, and if we dont use him, plenty of other teams would be interested..I would keep him and trade Lee. AB makes him expendable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Not if u ship Terry out. Doc could give Rondo, Bradley and Lee plenty of time each and the Blur being the 4th guard. He can be instant explosive, doesn't need a lot of playing time. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Not if u ship Terry out. Doc could give Rondo, Bradley and Lee plenty of time each and the Blur being the 4th guard. He can be instant explosive, doesn't need a lot of playing time. 

Bradley and Lee are very similar players tho. You want Terry around bc he is instant offense, while Bradley is lockdown D with a nice corner 3.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

btw, i dont want to get rid of Lee. I like him. Just saying if i have to choose out of the 3 guards who to go, my vote would be CL.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I just don't understand why some here want Rondo traded.

but lets be fair here Fierce, i had 1000's of arguments with you last year when you INSISTED Rondo needed to be traded, and one of your reasons was the same one people have now, to acquire a big.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Pacers are a good team. I think we are playing with more energy and Sully should start over bass he earning it.

Bass -3 tonight Sully +15   seven rebounds

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Bradley and Lee are very similar players tho. You want Terry around bc he is instant offense, while Bradley is lockdown D with a nice corner 3.

LOL.  That is why we are fans.  I am also hoping for that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Terry instant offense? Haven't seen much of that this season. If u keep him none of our 3 guards are above 6'2" and Green or Pierce defending larger 2's doesn't work out so great. Besides Lee and Green need minutes to be effective. Green at 3 and a little 4. Why keep someone just because he's a big name. Barbosa can give instant offense in just a couple minutes. Bradley-Lee can be terrific defensive backcourt. Bass and Terry are expendable, maybe that's enough to get a serviceable big.

Great first half by the way. Only Jeff needs to turn it on in the 2nd.

Sections
Shortcuts